List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we have already f***ed this trade, are we better of trying to offer pick 12 to North for their future first?

This is what they are offering to gold coast for 13 so maybe we can swoop in and steal their deal.
Yeah stuff it. Get as many F1sts next year

Death ride teams will be the only fun we'll have

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t get me wrong I hate the trade as much as anyone

But I wonder if part of our thinking was that if we proved to Hawthorn we could get the Baker deal done without them, it would increase our negotiating power there?

It’s a low percentage play

Having spent a (bit) (or lot! ) of time on the Adelaide board, Don did cause a bit of damage at his time there… I have had some reservations about him as a result, but hoped that after time at Sydney and reflection, he may have changed.

The strategy or lack thereof is just bizarre. It does appear to be a short term boost to competitiveness over a more long term outlook.

Our club has not (nor has ever) really listened to supporters/members, they do what they want when they want. I’ve come to terms with that a long time ago.

Back to hoping for the best now.
But the short term boost strategy could have been implemented, while maintaining the long term outlook by walking Baker through the draft if Pyke wanted to be a disrupter.

This is just bad business.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw a great comment somewhere, but people need to also look at what Carlton gave up for pick 14, which they used to get pick 3. It has cost them ALOT also.

The entire trade needs be looks at holistically, and if that Carlton F1 which went to Hawthorn is involved in the Barrass deal, then it stands to reason it needs to be involved in the 'idea' of pick 3 for 12, 14 and Owies.

Pick 3 for 12, Carl F1 (at Hawks), Carl F2 (at Hawks), Owies, Baker etc etc. I'm missing details for brevity but it is a cluster**** and I await to see what Barrass can net us from Hawks now

But I wonder if part of our thinking was that if we proved to Hawthorn we could get the Baker deal done without them, it would increase our negotiating power there?

It shows Hawthorn that we're price takers, not price setters.

Hope the club are watching the avalanche of disgust and realise that this starts McQualter and Baker off on the absolute wrong foot with fans. Unless we are really missing something it is just pathetic, and there is definitely no need to do it today. We should at least be getting a second rounder back or something.

If they do this, wouldn't want to go 0-3 and then get flogged in a Derby.......... that will be a whole new version of ugly........ even my 80 year old mum will go more feral than when she called Ballantyne a 'grub'.

By making our draft hand worse?

Would be an incredible self-own, if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks will just think, these guys just rolled over and gave up pick 3. we can hold firm on our offer and they'll cave.

Everyone's melting now.....
Just wait till we sell the farm next year from the farm we traded this year, for the most over hyped player since Tim Kelly, Chad Warner...

Not really, we just showed Hawthorn how easy it would be for them to lowball us in the Barrass trade.

We were told we would be aggressive in our recruiting problem is we have become regressive.
We had better picks before trade week. i would have been happier if we pased on baker and kept barrass.
Looking back 14 for barrass to get baker doesn't look such a bad deal now

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back