List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

"Pyke said there was never any thought of walking Baker or Owies through the drafts despite having the option.
“That’s just not how we’re going to do business,” Pyke said."

Honestly rubbish. Bring the hard edge back please.
Ridiculous. This isnt high school. WCE arent the kid that tries to be everyone's friend by doing their homework, and people take advantage of.

If the alternative to "being the good guy" is getting bent over at the trade table, I know which one I would choose

I'm finally at the stage of acceptance.
Idk if this will help, but I'm at work, so can you provide a summary?

We'd committed to Baker before the end of the season. Our priority was to make that trade work. Ideally if Hawks didn't trade out 14 it would've been used for Barrass then for Baker. Coz they did, we had to find a way to make it work and that was to split 3. Only Carlton game to the party.

Then kinda ummed and ahhed about if Owies was best 22 or not. Then said Baker and Owies will drive up training standards and competition for spots and that they're were both quality men.

"Pyke said there was never any thought of walking Baker or Owies through the drafts despite having the option.
“That’s just not how we’re going to do business,” Pyke said."

Honestly rubbish. Bring the hard edge back please.
Why is it rubbish? Offering fair value creates goodwill with clubs and players. That said, it sounds like we bent ourselves over by making promises to Baker and Richmond knew it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm finally at the stage of acceptance.
Idk if this will help, but I'm at work, so can you provide a summary?
  • Baker is top 6 player at Richmond, the trade is connected to Graham and we were never going to walk anyone to PSD
  • Owies has kicked goals, so must be good
  • only had 3 and 26 to work with
  • Looking at Dev
  • some things happening next yr
  • 12 is no where near as good as 3
  • understands why supporters are asking questions
  • sounded jovial
  • Barrass trade is a cluster

We'd committed to Baker before the end of the season. Our priority was to make that trade work. Ideally if Hawks didn't trade out 14 it would've been used for Barrass then for Baker. Coz they did, we had to find a way to make it work and that was to split 3. Only Carlton game to the party.

Then kinda ummed and ahhed about if Owies was best 22 or not. Then said Baker and Owies will drive up training standards and competition for spots and that they're were both quality men.
Massive indictment on giving Owies 3 years if Pyke doesn't consider him best 22 lmao.

There is no point trading for Warner as it stands. We needed to bring in a top tier midfielder as well as other top talent in this draft.

Now if we go for Warner we are just going to Tim Kelly deal ourselves again because we only have Harley

Warner is twice the player Kelly is to start with. And you have to understand that you can get crap in the draft even with top picks. Warner will have a good 6-8 years if we can get him.
If he wants to come home it is a no brainer to try to and get him.

• Baker is top 6 player at Richmond, the trade is connected to Graham and we were never going to walk anyone to PSD
  • Owies has kicked goals, so must be good
  • only had 3 and 26 to work with
  • Looking at Dev
  • some things happening next yr
  • 12 is no where near as good as 3
  • understands why supporters are asking questions
  • sounded jovial
  • Barrass trade is a cluster
Dev for pick 73? Can we still match a bid for Champion?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back