List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big Pyke fan but I will say he didn't cover himself in glory in that interview. The commitment to Baker stuff made me shake my head a bit. I understand that Baker is a person who wants certainty in their future etc, however I think there was far better ways to play this trade period so far.

I would've been disappointed with Barrass for 14 and a 2nd then the 14 onto Richmond for Baker, but wowee how good does that trade look right now.

Negotiated our way out of a higher chance at taking a quality midfielder due to over-committing to Baker. Just really poor business.

And he wasn't even sure of Owies being best 22. Jeepers.

We are all in on the Warner train for next year it seems. Plus with the new matching rules, we are trying to set ourselves up next year if Banfield and Co have blinder top age years.

Remember we will be able.to utilise 2 years of picks in the Warner trade. In my opinion. He won't cost as much next year compared to this year.
There is no point trading for Warner as it stands. We needed to bring in a top tier midfielder as well as other top talent in this draft.

Now if we go for Warner we are just going to Tim Kelly deal ourselves again because we only have Harley

pick 3 wouldve been an elite midfielder and now we have two average players out of it.

Correction - average 27 yr old players out of it.

In all srsness I think Baker is well above average - but no other club would have paid that price (bar maybe Gold Coast).
Watching the career of whoever gets taken at 3 is going to be very interesting, possibly very painful.

Pyke was right when he said we weren't going to sell the farm. We went and bought a shotgun, killed all the animals, then the bank came and took our farm away. Now we are going to spend the next couple of days deciding what to do with our last bullet.

Pyke tomorrow afternoon...

the mist.gif

looking forward to some good faith negotiations with hawthorn hell yeah good faith negotiations ****ing rock mate
Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to interrupt everyone's melting but just wanted to say that Baker is an elite Mid-Fwd according to Player Ratings.

Not a c list midget or 'another duggan' or 'Zac Langdon but with less sexy legs' or whatever else...

We are all in on the Warner train for next year it seems. Plus with the new matching rules, we are trying to set ourselves up next year if Banfield and Co have blinder top age years.

Remember we will be able.to utilise 2 years of picks in the Warner trade. In my opinion. He won't cost as much next year compared to this year.

What makes you think Warner will want to come to the WC spudshed?

You think Swans didn't watch us just fold like origami?
They will be hoping for Warner to choose us. Top 5 pick and 2 x F1's they'll be asking for. Maybe we can throw in some late picks for their academy also

Man when Tim Kelly (31) and Yeo (31) fall off the cliff next year and we potentially finish worse then this year I want to see our clubs reaction

Think of the goodwill though guys. After losing our 25th trade in a row we've got so much we're not even sure where to store it.

Kings of the Goodwill Game

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back