List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to see us improving at all for 2025. Early in 2026 vicco clubs will be in Harleys ear and if the Eagles are still a bottom 4 side you wouldn’t blame him for bailing on us.

The whole sweetener for a country Vic lad having to move over to Perth was that it’s West Coast and we have a history and culture of success. The last 3 years have been anything but and we have 18 months to climb up the ladder before Reid’s decision.

Todays trade makes that climb look very shaky

I annoyed with the trade. But our off-season has clearly improved our side.

All of Owies, Graham and Baker are far better players than the tripe we have been rolling out in our bottom 3 or 4.

Not trying to attack you directly, but laughable if we are thinking of going anywhere without adding elite talent.

We can beat the tiggers (x 2) for the next couple of years, maybe Roos twice this year, plus maybe a couple of upsets at home (i.e. Demons, Bombers).

Crows way better, Saints on the improve as are Pies, Freo and GC.

We are f####ed and I can only think our pygmy brains trust thinks the AFL will be showering us with PP's.

Scotty Cummings for CEO ASAP.
I agree with you. Just trying to work this shit out in my limited brain capacity.

Last edited:

If FOS or Draper end up being top 10 mids, it's going to be embarrassing. Clarke interpreted his own data wrong. He thinks you can build flag sides with role players and soldiers. He's just building the same list profile but hasn't considered where he's getting his Dusty and Cotch from.

Carlton are winners of trade week.

- Everyone but Matt Clarke

Carlton have given up 12, F1 and F2 for pick 3, in a draft where the top 15 can't really be split.

I think when a few journos have clamed down and actually seen the whole picture they have been realising what Carlton have done.

If we can turn 3 and TB into 12, F1 (Hawks), F1(Blues) and Baker and essentially 26, holistically we probably haven't done and that bad.

My issue is we could have turned 3 and TB into 12,14, F1 (Hawks), F1(Blues) and Baker. That would have been a good trade period.

It's ok guys, we'll hit the bargaining and acceptance periods very soon.

I'm at acceptance I think

If we do land Dev Rob that's 4 new players into our 22 from the crap shoot we've been watching the last 4 years

Change was needed so will be refreshing to watch something different at least

Liam baker now on trade radio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I annoyed with the trade. But our off-season has clearly improved our side.

All of Owies, Graham and Baker are far better players than the tripe we have been rolling out in our bottom 3 or 4.

This. People moan about Witherden, Cripps, JJ, Edwards (x2), Rotham etc but when we make moves to shuffle them down the order (or to the delist pile) people still moan.

Yes, 99% of us disagree with the price paid for Baker and Owies, but at the end of the day those three are now on the list and immediately walk into the first 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume the thought process is after Hawks traded out pick 14 and grabbed 2 x R1 next year, we decided we couldn't get what we wanted this year from them and made the call for short term pain/long term gain by splitting the pick with Carlton and getting Baker. Now we go back to the Hawks and get their picks from next year for Barrass and we use them for Warner next year.
Great, but this scenario has little or no bearing on trading Baker and Pick 3 this year.

As soon as Hawks traded their first rounders, it pretty much destined us to getting next years F1 for Barrass. So okay, take that and use it for Warner next year, keep Pick 3 this year and use it.

Us trading Pick 3 for 12, Baker and Owies does not change our draft hand next year to get Warner.

I've vented enough now I'm on acceptance. The Barrass trade might force me back a couple of steps though.

So what you are saying is, I will ultimately accept this and regret venting at 8:13am this morning regarding having overpaid my memberships last year?

1728969151207.png

1728969071082.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back