List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Graham, Owies, and Baker, will at least apply AFL level pressure to the contest.
I’m looking forward to WC playing at an AFL level again.
I agree, I used to love watching Richmond's high pressure game style when they won their premierships rather than the Weagles Web and keepies off kick mark gameplan.

Hopefully we see a bit more pressure and run and carry this year under Mini with assistance from Owies, Baker and Graham. The last two years have been putrid.

Daniel Garb -
"An aspect of the Eagles trade that shouldn’t be overlooked is the desire to be competitive quicker to enhance the chances of locking down Harley Reid. Whether it works or not, who knows, but it’s an understandable strategy for a generational talent.."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if we don’t follow through with cancelling memberships I think it would be a good idea for a fair portion of us to send emails to the club implying we won’t be renewing.

A mass amount of potential cancellation requests has to get some sort of attention.

Next we are going to trade Harley for Jack Darling.

Without getting into the merits of the trade, there are a lot of social media mouth-breathers who are going on about why didn’t the Eagles just walk Baker to the pre-season draft. When was the last time an established good player went to the PSD? It’s been absolute ages. Clubs have obviously made a tacit agreement not to use threats about the PSD to try to rip each other off in trade negotiations. If the Eagles decided to do that with Baker it’s not hard to see an Eagles player with Victoria ties being walked to the draft and going to whichever VIC club finished at or near the bottom of the ladder.

Daniel Garb -
"An aspect of the Eagles trade that shouldn’t be overlooked is the desire to be competitive quicker to enhance the chances of locking down Harley Reid. Whether it works or not, who knows, but it’s an understandable strategy for a generational talent.."

Given its the same point I made, I feel it necessary to advise that I am not Daniel Garb. (I am Don Pyke)

Without getting into the merits of the trade, there are a lot of social media mouth-breathers who are going on about why didn’t the Eagles just walk Baker to the pre-season draft. When was the last time an established good player went to the PSD? It’s been absolute ages. Clubs have obviously made a tacit agreement not to use threats about the PSD to try to rip each other off in trade negotiations. If the Eagles decided to do that with Baker it’s not hard to see an Eagles player with Victoria ties being walked to the draft and going to whichever VIC club finished at or near the bottom of the ladder.

Mate, nobody wants our leftovers. Ever. It hardly works against us to use that line.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back