List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing i agree with from people defending this is that we were not going to get Baker via PSD. Given Freo were putting up a first rounder for him i imagine he would have taken the certainty of the Freo offer over PSD. But i am OK with that. We don't need Baker. He won't make any difference.

if it was a 27 year old ruckman who could hold his own and hold down the position for 5 years then i could live with them off loading some reasonably significant draft capital for that on the grounds that it is hard to develop a young midfield when you are getting belted in the ruck every week. But i am not cool with the trading out draft capital for a 27 year old utility.

Yep that’s what they are all saying, because we have traded down from 3 to 12 the sky has fallen in, the sun won’t rise and we are forever doomed.
I’ve never read so much shit in all my life!
Yep let's add another speculative pick15 to duggan venables brander chesser and Hewett instead of a almost certainty at pick 3

So good at picking in that range . Such a sweet spot 🤌

Nice try to spin it that way from the club and media but in reality we have enough draft capital next year already .

Pick 3 for 12 + 14 was just a massive stuff up

Unless we plan on giving the swans 4x first rounders for warner which is possible now I think of it

Our first next year will make up the bulk of the deal. I wish I could posture this further by saying Chad will be OOC and keen to move home to WA, but as we've seen we are quite happy to pay up even when those things are in our favour 🥲

Pyke saying PSD is not how we do business...

Mate... It's literally a legal avenue to use in trade negotiations with out of contract players.

It's so you don't do things to the detriment of your CLUB!!

In the end Richmond would have caved for a 2nd rounder as Baker IS OUT OF CONTRACT.

Pretty much every club is probably looking at us like we're soft...or possibly ******ed

MEGA

Like **** I was ok with poor trading and drafting when we had shit picks because we were successful. But now we're shit and we're HANDING OUR GOOD PICKS OVER FOR 27 YEAR OLDS.

In no ****ing universe does this make sense.
I was okay with Liam Baker, but why do we need another 27 year old in Owies. B
Apart from the other small forwards already in the team, both Baker & Graham can play forward as well. Even TK is an option.
I would've liked us to have enquired about Moir instead.

We are just marking the 25th anniversary of this trade period..........

Michael Collica Hawthorn West Coast Eagles draft pick #21
Greg Harding Fremantle West Coast Eagles Daniel Metropolis, draft pick #51
Mark Merenda Richmond West Coast Eagles draft pick #57
Michael Prior Essendon West Coast Eagles draft pick #27
David Sierakowski St Kilda West Coast Eagles Fraser Gehrig
Richard Taylor Hawthorn West Coast Eagles draft pick #21

Actually, these look pretty effing good compared to 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All because we used pick 14 on Baker?

Instead of pick 3 on FOS or Draper?

The entire future of the club rests on one draft pick?

Really?

Because we have a list manager who just rejected an offer of pick 14 for Barrass which would’ve gone for Baker

Only to end up still acquiring pick 14 in a different deal, sending it for Baker and losing 3 in the process

We just committed the worse trade in our clubs history and we still gave away the steak knives

Two weeks ago, Pyke said we’d prioritise the draft and won’t be giving the farm away for players, it took him two weeks to go back on that.

There’s no way to spin this deal as a positive.

We lost 18 games this season and our draft hand is 12,26 and 72

We’ve had three years of conseucitve top 3 picks and split in 2 of those 3 years.

This isn’t the way you build a list for sustained success, Pyke is looking for a short term sugar hit.

We know why the narrative that Hawks pick 14 wasn’t on the table appeared recently. Once WC realised what needed to happen to get Baker, the story magically appeared out of thin air, despite Twomey reporting it all last week.

So instead of receiving 14 and an f2 for Barrass, WC actually traded 3 for 12 and 14.

And to top it all off, WC is likely to receive a F1 + F2 in a heavily comprised draft from a contender that is every chance to improve. What’s more, Hawks have improved THEIR draft hand by gaining an F2. If WC don’t get 2 f1’s from Hawks, they have truly got one over WC and it’s truly a turd sandwich without the bread

Will Schofield is trying to do that and get his mates deal over the line

We need to push hard for the 2 F1's.
I can't see Hawthorn backing out of taking TB after committing to him. I think they will eventually agree, they have no other option if they still want him (just like us with Baker).
I think if we can 2 F1's instead of an F1 & F2, it will make this trade period somewhat more successful.

Last edited:
Hi ronpingwins,

Thank you for taking the time to email us with your thoughts.

We hear your concern around the recent trade of Pick 3 for Liam Baker, Matt Owies, and Pick 12. However, we trust the decision that our list management team have made, and we hope you’ll continue to stick by us as we navigate these changes. Feel free to check out the interview with Don Pyke explaining the decision HERE🦅

Your feedback is invaluable, and we appreciate your ongoing support 💙💛

All the best,

Ella

With pick 12 I'm worried it's outside the zone I really rate and gets into the pretty good zone. Phil mentioned still in the zone for players we want, I'm a tad dubious of that.

From early post I'm removing Trainor as I think he's still on the board and I wouldn't take him at 12. In no particular order, I'd want one of the following list;

1. Jagga
2. Draper
3. Reid
4. Fos
5. Smillie
6. Reid
7. Travaglia
8. Allen
9. Langford
10. Lalor

Tauru I really like and happy with him at 12, but think he's gone too. I'd take the above list just ahead of him.

So who does that put at 12;

Hotton, easily the best option but flight risk.
Berry, very sound option here but do we now have too many that play similarly to him.
Lindsay, ideally for me I'd like a better more reliable kick for an outside mid.
Hynes, I see heaps of upside as he's got the powerful core and great skills.
Armstrong and Shanahan but are both a low need for us. Hopefully they got before our pick so someone slides.

I'm also really worried we've lost the points to match Champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back