List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been a pretty shocking display from some WC fans today, you can always swap over to the purple team if you’re handing in your membership.
There’s always soccer.
I'm pretty sure anyone on this forum could do a better job at trading than the guys paid to do it. Shows what a farce this club is

With pick 12 I'm worried it's outside the zone I really rate and gets into the pretty good zone. Phil mentioned still in the zone for players we want, I'm a tad dubious of that.

From early post I'm removing Trainor as I think he's still on the board and I wouldn't take him at 12. In no particular order, I'd want one of the following list;

1. Jagga
2. Draper
3. Reid
4. Fos
5. Smillie
6. Reid
7. Travaglia
8. Allen
9. Langford
10. Lalor

Tauru I really like and happy with him at 12, but think he's gone too. I'd take the above list just ahead of him.

So who does that put at 12;

Hotton, easily the best option but flight risk.
Berry, very sound option here but do we now have too many that play similarly to him.
Lindsay, ideally for me I'd like a better more reliable kick for an outside mid.
Hynes, I see heaps of upside as he's got the powerful core and great skills.
Armstrong and Shanahan but are both a low need for us. Hopefully they got before our pick so someone slides.

I'm also really worried we've lost the points to match Champion.
I really like Berry as a player but agree, we're churning out small forwards through the academy, he's absolutely not a need.

I'd be ok with Lindsay but suspect he's less than 50/50 to be there.

Suspect it's Hynes from those options if Allan doesn't get there. I can be sold on him I guess.

The problem is it shows that the people running the show are straight up incompetent.

Yep, the deal is bad, what it says about the club management is worse.

I have to say Pyke's interview with SEN after the fact was a real eye opener. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing. It's terrifying that he is running this club.

With pick 12 I'm worried it's outside the zone I really rate and gets into the pretty good zone. Phil mentioned still in the zone for players we want, I'm a tad dubious of that.

From early post I'm removing Trainor as I think he's still on the board and I wouldn't take him at 12. In no particular order, I'd want one of the following list;

1. Jagga
2. Draper
3. Reid
4. Fos
5. Smillie
6. Reid
7. Travaglia
8. Allen
9. Langford
10. Lalor

Tauru I really like and happy with him at 12, but think he's gone too. I'd take the above list just ahead of him.

So who does that put at 12;

Hotton, easily the best option but flight risk.
Berry, very sound option here but do we now have too many that play similarly to him.
Lindsay, ideally for me I'd like a better more reliable kick for an outside mid.
Hynes, I see heaps of upside as he's got the powerful core and great skills.
Armstrong and Shanahan but are both a low need for us. Hopefully they got before our pick so someone slides.

I'm also really worried we've lost the points to match Champion.
He is dreaming if he thinks it’s “still in the zone”. We are clearly going to miss out on the top end talent in this draft which is a disaster.

The more i look at this terrible turn of events the more it looks to me like the club is panicking that the bottom will totally fall out in the next 3 - 4 years and they have made a conscious decision to pad the list with middle aged filler and cast off's from other club's to mitigate that. They know their stocks of young talent are poor. They know their best players, the ones stopping the bottom totally falling out at the moment, are all over 30 and declining naturally with age. They are trying to make sure that we at least win 5 games a year over the next 3 - 4 years as opposed to having seasons where we maybe win only 1 or 2 games. I mean, this didn't come out of the blue. It wasn't a momentary lapse of judgement. They sat around a table and debated it and decided to do what they are doing.

They have gone from delusional arrogance and hubris under Nisbett to sheer panic within 2 years.

They may have made undertakings to McQualter to get him to take the job that filler will be imported to stop the bottom falling out on him.

I guarantee Schofield has had a phone call from them promising future favours if he helps them sell it.

Hi ronpingwins,

Thank you for taking the time to email us with your thoughts.

We hear your concern around the recent trade of Pick 3 for Liam Baker, Matt Owies, and Pick 12. However, we trust the decision that our list management team have made, and we hope you’ll continue to stick by us as we navigate these changes. Feel free to check out the interview with Don Pyke explaining the decision HERE🦅

Your feedback is invaluable, and we appreciate your ongoing support 💙💛

All the best,

Ella
They’ve even had to drag poor Ella Roberts into this now

Its sad to think we are probably the worst team in the AFL and we are the worst team doing deals during the trade period.O/K we all know Baker will help us in the short term, but in the long term we will look back and say that was another big failure of our recruiting team.

Its probably already the worst trade period I've seen in my lifetime but if we do something moronic and trade our 2nd pick too for Deven ****ing Robertson it'll confirm it. I can just see us overpaying for that spud.

Midfield super draft and we've targeting low accumulating plodders and overpaid like **** for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its probably already the worst trade period I've seen in my lifetime but if we do something moronic and trade our 2nd pick too for Deven ****ing Robertson it'll confirm it. I can just see us overpaying for that spud.

Midfield super draft and we've targeting low accumulating plodders and overpaid like **** for them.

We may do that to land other late picks from the Lions. A Lions poster mentioned they need points and don't have enough list spots open to carry all those picks into the draft.

Even Pyke says it was a strange deal, It wasn't strange it was just a huge failure.

The Eagles gave up pick 3 in this year's draft along with a pair of later picks and received Liam Baker, Matt Owies as well as pick 12 and 73 in return.

The move to trade out pick 3 has ruffled feathers in the west, but Pyke says the club is confident it can still land a player of significant ability at pick 12.

"If you look at the deal in isolation, the slide from three to 12 and using 14 to get Liam Baker looks a bit odd," Pyke said on SEN.

Hate the deal all you want, but sh*t like this is not on and if you support something like this, you can f*ck off for all I care.

I can't say I've got positive thoughts towards Baker and I'll judge him harshly but I'd never boo him. Never consider it.

Owies had nothing to do with any of this, it's starting to annoy me people are getting their back up about him.

Clarke I can understand the hatred.

I feel like Cooper Hyne is very much an Eagles type pick at 12. Someone rated a bit later but we see something no one else sees.

In this case though, wouldn’t mind him assuming Travaglia and Tauru are off the board.
Ideally get one of GWS picks and get him with that and Travaglia🤞/Lindsay with 12.

Will Schofield is trying to do that and get his mates deal over the line

Schofield is a dickhead too then. As if the totally separate not locked in deal for Barrass to support a not locked in deal for Warner mitigates this negligence. And that is what it is. Negligence. Something like this had to be approved right up the chain.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back