List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Encouraging doing nothing and clapping like a seal isnt much better. It has gotten us.

Who is clapping like a seal? Checks notes. Looks around. Nope. No-one clapping.

No-one.

Just stop overreacting and embarrassing yourself.

Geeez. It is a game we are talking about. A GAME!

Aka. Not real life. Entertainment.

It's a slide of 9 spots in the 1st round. And we likely use the Barrass trade collateral to trade back into the 1st round.

If the Hawks weren't pricks and jumped the gun with 14 yesterday's deal would not have happened.

It is not the end of the world as you and others are making it out to be.

I'd give it next to no chance to stay, his missus and him both want to return to WA.

I don't have "sources" as such, more know people he went to school with, and that's been forecast for the last couple of years. A damn shame they didn't win the flag this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That pick 3 trade doesn't feel any better the following day :huh:
Correct, in the cold light of day, it's still a poor trade. And that's even after reading a few of the attempted rationales. Trade week is a game of bluffing, each club trying to extract the best value, and the Eagles folded hard, receiving unders for pick 3 and paying overs for Baker. And the problem is, these bad decisions aren't made in isolation, the effects flow into future years. In this case, we gave up the opportunity to take an elite player at 3, have reduced our haul to just three picks in a supposedly deep draft, and given a rebuild rival an absolute leg up that could see us fall further behind the pursuit of a premiership.

At the end of the day, footy's just a game and I'll be hoping the Eagles can turn this into something, but geez, it's one of the poorest off-field decisions in a long, long time. To use a phrase that gets a regular run as a dad, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Fair assessment.
I doubt he ever becomes an inside mid, IMO might at best transition into a wingman.
Will need to clean up his decision making if he is to make it at the next level, that’s not impossible do but it’s not as easy as it sounds.

I would have others ahead of him at that juncture in the draft.

But he would be a typical West Pick, I would be disappointed if we went that way.

IMO he doesn’t have a huge upside and that’s my knock on him, in a deep draft I would be hoping for a player with better foot skills.
Agree and probably Berry has the best foot skills in that part of the draft. I’m a little with Eastcoasteagle that Lindsay whilst a good kick isn't quite as good as some are claiming. Still both good prospects.
I do wonder if the club is banking on Langford possibly sliding. Phil mentioned that one of our top 3 prospects that the Eagles are interested in could be still there at pick 12-15 on draft night.

Simply guessing but Langford, TT and Allan? Maybe Berry or Lindsay.

If Jack darling is only worth 63, you bet your ass Robertson is only worth 73

There are some similarities mainly in there athletic attributes and that they have both played in defence at junior levels and played in the midfield more during there draft year.

Just my personal opinion on them but Allan is a better kick in terms of both penetration and accuracy but can at times turn the ball over by making poor choices. Is more explosive around the ball than Ginbey at the same age and can break the lines using his pace.

Ginbey in his draft year used the ball more by hand than what Bo does. Played only off half back at WAFL level and bolted in draft calculations from the championships through to the combine. I feel Allan has had a more normal progression playing state as an underage last year and building from that point on.

Allan is a fraction taller but Ginbey perhaps a slightly bigger frame at the same age. Both tested well at the combine.

I do think that Allan probably starts his AFL career down back if being honest but I could see him pushing into the midfield as he matures.
Nailed it, only other position I think he could start as is a winger.

For the bed wetters out there relax.
I feel the Barrass deal won't be as bad as we think.
I think f1 and f2 with nothing going back or two f1 with a a second going back.
Hawthorn need to get this done.They have chased Barrass and to not get him will be embarrassing.
Hawthorn have already upset Barrass's manager Paul Connors and he will be angry if this deal falls thru.
Connors won't want to send any of his players to Hawthorn in the future as well.
Hawthorn will look foolish and other managers may also warn off players.

Correct, in the cold light of day, it's still a poor trade. And that's even after reading a few of the attempted rationales. Trade week is a game of bluffing, each club trying to extract the best value, and the Eagles folded hard, receiving unders for pick 3 and paying overs for Baker. And the problem is, these bad decisions aren't made in isolation, the effects flow into future years. In this case, we gave up the opportunity to take an elite player at 3, have reduced our haul to just three picks in a supposedly deep draft, and given a rebuild rival an absolute leg up that could see us fall further behind the pursuit of a premiership.

At the end of the day, footy's just a game and I'll be hoping the Eagles can turn this into something, but geez, it's one of the poorest off-field decisions in a long, long time. To use a phrase that gets a regular run as a dad, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

And it adds to our recent history of accepting unders & giving overs. It's in our blood to cave.

Regarding Dev - Something to keep an eye on, have received info that the following is in play.

F3 to be offered by WCE for D.Robertson

Depending if Lions want more points this year, it will go to Richmond for 51 + 61 + 70, with those picks forwarded on.

Contingent on the T.Barrass deal - Hawks demanding that F3 at the moment.

If Tigers picks are involved, it only happens after S.Bolton and D.Rioli deals are officially complete.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back