List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Dev situation sounds like Lions are just wanting more than is reasonable for us to pay, which aligns with some of the things we heard at the start of the trade period. They don't really have any pressing reason to trade him for peanuts. Seems like the kind of thing that could suddenly be back on if Barrass goes through early but who knows.

Dev is contracted and they're happy to keep him. We aren't getting him cheap. Thankfully we're not falling over ourselves to pay too much.
But briztoon promised that we'll get him for next to nothing... 😿
Been saying that the last 2 seasons, apparently for even less this year.
too good to be true disney GIF

season 6 thanks for nothong GIF by Shameless

I’m not potting you guys, but Richmond have mid aged depth than you guys, to see them through their rebuild.

They’re going to lose Lynch and Prestia, and will need to draft some tall forwards, who will take 5 years to develop, but they will have a higher floor than WC in two years and a higher ceiling after this draft.

WC will lose McGovern, Sheed and Yeo soon, and won’t have the same number of high end draftees in to the club as Richmond will.
Richmond’s most talented kid currently on their list is Gibcus.

The fact you’ve quoted us losing Sheed shows you actually know **** all.

Wouldn’t trade Reid for 1 and 6, 11 and 12 cancel out leaving Richmond with Gibcus, Mcauliffe, 10, 18, 20, 23.

Compared to Ginbey, Hewett, Hough, Long and the 15 other kids we have.

Hilariously bad take.

Why give them anything for Robertson? Wait 12 months and pick him up for free via PSD. Have some f***ing gumption and some patience. We don't need Dev Robertson in 2025. We arguably don't really need him at all. Another list clogger. But if we are going to take him let it be for free in 12 months time. He isn't going to get a game at Brisbane unless they get a flood of injuries. He will still be looking to leave in a years time.

More like DFA in 12 months… and it may well be career over.

I wish him the best, but barring an injury crisis at the Lions he won’t play much AFL in 2025. And if he has a bad year with injury other teams may well avoid him even if free.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why give them anything for Robertson? Wait 12 months and pick him up for free via PSD. Have some f***ing gumption and some patience. We don't need Dev Robertson in 2025. We arguably don't really need him at all. Another list clogger. But if we are going to take him let it be for free in 12 months time. He isn't going to get a game at Brisbane unless they get a flood of injuries. He will still be looking to leave in a years time.
Yeah fine with that, give Clay Hall, Harvey, Hewett opportunities if fit and whoever we draft this year.

Disappointed in Jakovich taking the party line with the Baker trade. But he is repeating the same lines as the club in the same coded language - it is all about putting a floor under things in 2025. But they have justified to themselves that isn't really costing us anything. It is a deep draft so pick 12 is as good as pick 3. No difference. That seems to be logic they trying to convince themselves of.

It is a deep draft so pick 12 is as good as pick 3. No difference. That seems to be logic they trying to convince themselves of.
Don Pyke has conceded that we likely won’t get as good a player at 12 than we would’ve at 3.

Richmond’s draft hand now:

1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 23, 24, etc…
They won't use them all this year, will definitely want to trade some into next year.

Otherwise, they're starting down the barrel of 5 highly rated blokes all coming out of contract at the same time. If they're not getting opportunities, they'll start looking elsewhere, same if they don't get the money they want.

They'll need to stagger them out, otherwise the other Vic clubs will pick their carcass, just like they did the expansion sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a god awful trade, we are correct to be melting and we should be protesting outside of MRP for this shi*ty a*s trade.

The only stupid logic I can see the club making such diabolical decision is the club really really wanted L.Baker and PSD is not an option because Richmond finished below us and plus Baker wanted Richmond to be well compensated otherwise he would've either stayed or go to Freo and the club feels like it doesn't want to miss out on Baker. With Owies, he should've been taken as a DFA but the Blues probably told the club that he was going to resign so the club likely failed to see the bluff so it gave it's two 60s picks (Maybe WCE_Phill can correct me).

As they said, they believe the draft from 3-15 is even is what motivated the club to trade pick 3 otherwise it may have settled with pick 3. IF the top 3 are even and 4-15 are perceived to not be up to the level of the top 3 which isn't the case in this scenario. The club wanted a short term rebuild which is fine UNFORTUNATELY TASSIE WILL COMPROMISE THE DRAFT if the team continues to bottom out, it will not have picks to draft top talent which will force the club into long term bottoming out which could result in H.Reid wanting out if nothing improves.

For those who think M.Owies is Zac Langdon 2.0, Owies is a much better player than Langdon and he will be a great replacement for Cripps and a middle ground for Ryan and Long. Hopefully we don't roll over in the Barrass trade by getting peanuts for a CONTRACTED player to put another layer of sh*it on this trade.

I can respond publicly this evening and explain this then.

If you were talking about 2024 it would be odd to say he couldn't get a game since he was getting games. He was delisted because we bought in a heap of depth [which I'm fine with btw] so 2025 was the right midfield to talk about in this context, as that's the one he won't be playing in.

Anyway just for the record shitting all over the guy just because you think we're mates or something is piss poor. I was barely aware he was on the list until he got a call up, thought people were being a bit harsh on him so took an interest and pumped the guy up a bit because why not. Unlike you, I haven't mentioned him since the season ended. I had a feeling he was going to be delisted because right around that time I saw him down the local pie shop and I figured that was not a good sign.

I'm currently hoping Luke Edwards is retained so if you want to pay out on a different young player who doesn't deserve it he'd be your target, we can leave Zane Trew now in peace I think.
I didn’t say he wasn’t getting games, I said he was our defensive mid. Which implies playing, because…you know. He played.

Anyway it’s all moot now. I wouldn’t shit on him cause of some confused alignment with a poster on here, I shit on him cause he’s an awful league footy player (who we stuffed around majorly and didn’t give the chance to succeed, but the way some people carried on like he’d solve world hunger for us was laughable). Great state league calibre talent who could well win a Sandover now, wish him well.

Another year of Dev hypotheticals coming up!

It's in both parties best interests to find a deal here, really. Lions don't want Dev getting salty and playing reserves behind their star studded midfield, and another Ashcroft coming in, and we need some mature talent in that early 20's bracket and midfield depth to boot.

F3 should get this done, IMO. Don't really see why the Lions wouldn't want that tbh.

Don Pyke has conceded that we likely won’t get as good a player at 12 than we would’ve at 3.

He and others connected to the club have also said multiple times that the slide from pick 3 to pick 12 is not very big because this years draft is so deep. They are convinced we are going to get a great player with pick 12 despite our recent history of total failure with picks in that neighbourhood.

Disappointed in Jakovich taking the party line with the Baker trade. But he is repeating the same lines as the club in the same coded language - it is all about putting a floor under things in 2025. But they have justified to themselves that isn't really costing us anything. It is a deep draft so pick 12 is as good as pick 3. No difference. That seems to be logic they trying to convince themselves of.
We shall see.

It's in both parties best interests to find a deal here, really. Lions don't want Dev getting salty and playing reserves behind their star studded midfield, and another Ashcroft coming in, and we need some mature talent in that early 20's bracket and midfield depth to boot.

F3 should get this done, IMO. Don't really see why the Lions wouldn't want that tbh.
They want more points in this years draft.
Their recruiter was just on air stating that to them points this year are worth more than points next year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back