List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes . 3 flags and a cleanout before the aged are more off park than on and even all australians form fall off a cliff . I would take it in a heartbeat
It is hard to believe that there are people in this thread dumb enough to be saying "Would you rather be in Richmond's position?".

Of course we would. It is a moot question now because we refused to trade any of our ageing players out for draft picks when they still had trade currency and that moment is gone now. We were going to "transition", not rebuild. Pffftttttttt. Rebuilds were for losers is what they told us. But that is exactly what we should have done.

Wait, I’m confused here. Are we ok with F1 and F2 for Barrass so long as we give nothing else? Didn’t Hawks get F1 and F2 for Pick 14. The same Pick 14 they offered to us on its own for Barrass?

Goodness me I hope we stand our ground here for 2 x F1’s and maybe with an F3 going back.
It’s simple

Blues offer 12 & 14 for pick 3

We say no

Blues offer 14 & 12 for pick 3

We say yes

Hawks offer 14 for TB

We say no

Hawks split pick 14 for F1 & F2

Hawks offer F1 & F2 for TB

We say yes

Think About It GIF by Identity

West Coast recruit Liam Baker responds to Eagles fans’ reaction to his trade from Richmond Tigers, I dont think the fans have any issues with the players we brought into the team its the way the club went around it. They know they stuffed this draft so far, The drafting team should be sacked. If you dont melt over what they have done so far you aren't a true supporter​

Contacting on instagram etc not ideal for Liam to cop though .
Passionate supporters , you embrace the new players though regardless .
Stuff ups happen , Hawthorn made it very difficult .

The only stupid logic I can see the club making such diabolical decision is the club really really wanted L.Baker and PSD is not an option because Richmond finished below us and plus Baker wanted Richmond to be well compensated otherwise he would've either stayed or go to Freo and the club feels like it doesn't want to miss out on Baker. With Owies, he should've been taken as a DFA but the Blues probably told the club that he was going to resign so the club likely failed to see the bluff so it gave it's two 60s picks (Maybe WCE_Phill can correct me).
The moment a potential target says something like that we should run a mile. The AFL is a sporting competition but it's also a business. We should only be concerned with getting the best deal for ourselves. Baker should've been asked what a re your priorities? Your existing club or your potential new club?

? Don would have had to sign off on it. So there is no throwing him under the bus here, that infers no responsibility on his part. He is complicit. No walking away from that one and blaming one of the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
At a certain point leaders need to back in their staff and if Clarke was insisting that's how it had to be then he can't completely ignore that in the moment. It's like a coach refusing to criticise players who screw up in a game at the presser afterwards - it doesn't mean it won't be addressed behind the scenes when the dust settles.

Again, the trade was overs but not half the catastrophe it's being made out as - Freo were effectively offering 11 for Baker so like it or not it was market value. There is no Harley Reid that we are missing out on at pick 3 this year, if the pick was 8 and we got 17 to give to Richmond we would have probably accepted this all and moved on. The way the draft is odds are decent at 12 we get an equivalent player we would have taken with that pick 8. The draft is a crapshoot at the best of times and to add to all of that there are clearly red flags on some of the top end for us.

I don't love it either but we need to calm down just a bit.

Richmond have a massive amount of good draft picks, but don't forget it's because they won the spoon and have half a dozen senior players deserting them.

Do we prefer to be in Richmond's position? Genuine question.
I’m not potting you guys, but Richmond have more and better mid aged depth than you guys, to see them through their rebuild.

They’re going to lose Lynch and Prestia, and will need to draft some tall forwards, who will take 5 years to develop, but they will have a higher floor than WC in two years and a higher ceiling after this draft.

WC will lose McGovern, Sheed and Yeo soon, and won’t have the same number of high end draftees in to the club as Richmond will.

Last edited:
Good luck to Baker, he's clearly going to have to buck the trend of recruits having disappointing first seasons at WCE or the pitch forks will be out.

Maybe under Mcqualter things will change in that space.

That big dope Flynn and Brockman better ****ing show up to pre season fit and with the right attitude after career worse seasons last year.

Regarding Dev - Something to keep an eye on, have received info that the following is in play.

F3 to be offered by WCE for D.Robertson

Depending if Lions want more points this year, it will go to Richmond for 51 + 61 + 70, with those picks forwarded on.

Contingent on the T.Barrass deal - Hawks demanding that F3 at the moment.

If Tigers picks are involved, it only happens after S.Bolton and D.Rioli deals are officially complete.
Only way that happens is if it’s a draft night trade.

We currently don’t have enough vacant list spots to take the picks we currently hold to the draft.

A future 3rd is valuable to us for next year’s academy kids.

I’m not potting you guys, but Richmond have mid aged depth than you guys, to see them through their rebuild.

They’re going to lose Lynch and Prestia, and will need to draft some tall forwards, who will take 5 years to develop, but they will have a higher floor than WC in two years and a higher ceiling after this draft.

WC will lose McGovern, Sheed and Yeo soon, and won’t have the same number of high end draftees in to the club as Richmond will.

Sheeds been missing since that grand final so you can’t really bring him into the conversation.

Good luck to Baker, he's clearly going to have to buck the trend of recruits having disappointing first seasons at WCE or the pitch forks will be out.

Maybe under Mcqualter things will change in that space.

That big dope Flynn and Brockman better ****ing show up to pre season fit and with the right attitude after career worse seasons last year.
Every player needs to show up and put in, not just the select few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm scared that we are too stacked heavily in the forward line leaving out the youngins to get games into then. Hope to see some versatility in who we try on the centre.
Want to see Brockman, Dewar and Hutchinson have good goes at it.

I’m not potting you guys, but Richmond have more and better mid aged depth than you guys, to see them through their rebuild.

Hence the melts from the "the bedwetters bedwetting", as alleged by others on this board who ascribe to the following Club motto:

1729052729130.png

Sounds to me like you're suggesting Harley needs to stay back and do extra sessions to show he's committed and not a lazy POS..

Is that correct?
Bloody oath Dark Sharks!🤣 Harley can lead from the front.
Ryan is well known as shit trainer too.
If everyone in the team trained as hard and worked on everything as much as Waterman/Hough we’d be a whole lot better.
I’m hoping McQualter will really try to enforce standards from day dot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back