List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

I’d love a poll here - does TB get traded today?
IMO no - The only motivation WC had to trade him was for pick 14. Now would only trade him for an exceptional deal to save face. Player manager won't be angry at WC, as we were going to trade him. He'd be Hawk already with a little more patience when WC realised pick 14 would of been better than anything we could of downgraded pick 3 for.

For the hawks, they traded out of one of the better drafts for a second round pick that possibly will be in the 40's next year and won't get their player. Why would we trade Tom for a Future 1st & 2nd, when Donald has been banging on about being competitive for next year, we literally traded the golden goose to do that.

I'm fairly confident that Warner will choose us, so much so I'd be trading our F1 for some picks this draft. Weaken our draft hand next season but Swans will have to deal with us. They'll still get some decent picks.
Our F1 will be in the top 4 so Tigers may well agree to our F1 for 10 and 18.

I would do that. Take to the draft 10, 12, 18 and 26 plus whatever we get IF we trade Tom.

Richmond's draft hand is just awe-inspiring.
Too bad we don't have a bunch of players wanting to leave us at the same time.

We got one, a decent one, and along with Darling then Gaff retiring that would've been enough to help us out this offseason.

The problem is our Inability to raise a suitable deal for him the way Tigers have methodically done for their players.

Listening to Bakes on Goss and Fatty, says he doesn't really know where his spot will be. Too many good mids and forwards so maybe backline? I want to be angry at him but the call has really humanised him to me as I have no idea where he plays either.

Dry sense of humour

I think people are incorrectly conflating “being more competitive” (as in week to week) with “competing” (as in for finals and silverware).

We’re still in for a slog, albeit should be less of one week to week.

TB deal will get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the Warner that the Swans board rides for being fantastic when things are going great, and disappearing when they aren't?

If it's that Warner, I'm suspecting he is worth more when playing for the Swans than he will be when playing for us.

The Warner playing for the Swans may be worth Oscar.

I'm not sure the Warner that will be running around in our struggling team will be.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I said earlier, all players at other clubs are over rated and never have much value. But our eagles are all champs with huge value.
Got to love BF

We got one, a decent one, and along with Darling then Gaff retiring that would've been enough to help us out this offseason.

The problem is our Inability to raise a suitable deal for him the way Tigers have methodically done for their players.
Too bad Norf didn't want Gaff anymore, and we gave Darling away for an empty chip packet.

Listening to Bakes on Goss and Fatty, says he doesn't really know where his spot will be. Too many good mids and forwards so maybe backline? I want to be angry at him but the call has really humanised him to me as I have no idea where he plays either.

Definitely spoke a lot better then at the Richmond b+f, he must of been hammered that night going off the latest interview

I don't really agree with this. In construction terms it's like a builder winning a project in a booming market when contractors are all busy. They ring around relentlessly and finally find someone who agrees they have the labour to help out.

When it comes time to sign on the line they try to haggle over the price and risk losing access to critical labour that is in demand on other projects already. Hot tip - next time that builder calls you tell them to **** off.

As the buyer in a trade, particularly for someone with so much contract still remaining, there is an onus on you to pay a minimum of fair market value, and generally an expectation you pay above that given the contract.

We don't need TB off the books, they are not saving us a salary we can't cover. We are not flush with KPD. They are not saving us from a surplus of tall backs.

The Hawks have already denied us instant rebuild gratification by not giving us a 2024 R1. To kick our rebuild down the road 12 months and then haggle over basically the same value as was originally tabled is pretty poor conduct. They might be high fiving internally and Hawks fans might think they have BSD energy but it will be a stain on their name if they cannot get a suitable deal done. It won't fill Tom with much confidence either that they have pumped up his tyres as being the critical missing piece who isn't worth paying up for.
but TB is obviously happy to go there with the contract they've offered. the hawks owe us nothing and are simply trying to get the best deal possible for their club. which is exactly what they should be doing.

As an aside, do they not whip up this WaLk tO THe PsD BS literally every ****ing year and then a heap of trades get announced after the deadline?
Some stupid rule as long as they are waiting to lodge paperwork its fine .

The tralor to dogs trade didn't have the salary aspect done till days after .

lol. Smith & Peatling might be walked to the draft yet we pay 14 for Baker…
If Peatling went to the PSD we should just grab him. He at least considered us at some stage for a fleeting moment right? If we can’t win any trades then go balls out and throw some spanners.

Hell take Bazlenka. He’d love getting his rig out on WA beaches. Back ourselves in for a year that he ends up loving it and stays. 2026 starting midfield of Harley, Chad and Bazlenka. Marketing dream

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back