List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be it, good way to ingratiate yourself with your new teammates "gee some good players in our midfield.................................................................NOT" 3:43

To be fair, Richmond's midfield was/is also absolutely terrible. Worse than ours even.

Taranto, when he's on the park is a total butcher, Hopper is even more injury prone and never around. Aaaaaaand that's it.

Yeo, Kelly and Harley aren't great, but is a legit improvement for Baker.

Listening to Bakes on Goss and Fatty, says he doesn't really know where his spot will be. Too many good mids and forwards so maybe backline? I want to be angry at him but the call has really humanised him to me as I have no idea where he plays either.
Good mids? You mean the collective that get pantzd most weeks?

blinking trailer park boys GIF
Blinking The Office GIF

I’m not potting you guys, but Richmond have more and better mid aged depth than you guys, to see them through their rebuild.

They’re going to lose Lynch and Prestia, and will need to draft some tall forwards, who will take 5 years to develop, but they will have a higher floor than WC in two years and a higher ceiling after this draft.

WC will lose McGovern, Sheed and Yeo soon, and won’t have the same number of high end draftees in to the club as Richmond will.
Richmond's talls are putrid whereas ours are pretty solid (bar the ruck) and already have years of development (if not already established). If they can't trade experienced talls in, then they're in for North Melbourne levels of pain.

They're also behind us in the midfield. This year's recruits will take 3 seasons to be full time performers (if they're lucky).

Good mids? You mean the collective that get pantzd most weeks?
What do you want him to say?

“Yeah great to be coming home, the club’s mids are dogshit and me and Jack are heaps better haha cheers”

Richmond's talls are putrid whereas ours are pretty solid (bar the ruck) and already have years of development (if not already established). If they can't trade experienced talls in, then they're in for North Melbourne levels of pain.

They're also behind us in the midfield. This year's recruits will take 3 seasons to be full time performers (if they're lucky).
They’ll get at least a couple that will perform at a reasonably high standard from day 1

To be fair, Richmond's midfield was/is also absolutely terrible. Worse than ours even.

Taranto, when he's on the park is a total butcher, Hopper is even more injury prone and never around. Aaaaaaand that's it.

Yeo, Kelly and Harley aren't great, but is a legit improvement for Baker.

Can we all just agree that he's right, they are all better midfielders than he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty bad look for the Hawks here to be courting a guy all year, giving him a contract, and then thinking they could get him for a bag of chips in a trade.

If he's as valuable to your premiership chances as you think he is then pay up.

Though I'd take the future first and second and get it over with. We won two games without him this year.

Pretty bad look for the Hawks here to be courting a guy all year, giving him a contract, and then thinking they could get him for a bag of chips in a trade.

If he's as valuable to your premiership chances as you think he is then pay up.

Though I'd take the future first and second and get it over with.
I’d say getting Battle in for nothing changed their thinking

It’s a business, they’ve played it well. They owe Barrass nothing

Except they've made the offer to Barrass, and forgotten that because he's under contract, his existing club has to be happy with the terms being offered. If not, then the deal can't happen.

Hawthorn shouldn't have chased him so hard if they weren't prepared to pay overs as part of the deal.
doubt they've forgotten that. they very well may be willing to pay what we want but it's obviously in their best interest to wait it out to see if we fold.

“No movement” aka the AFL want it to be done 5 minutes before the deadline so they can justify a week long trade period and add to the theatrics of the last day streaming

Absolutely nothing is coming out at the moment.

I’d say getting Battle in for nothing changed their thinking

It’s a business, they’ve played it well. They owe Barrass nothing
If they don't get barrass they traded their pick 14 for nothing .

Going to the draft with pick 33 only and 2 x future 1sts that could end up in the early 20s next year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back