List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Connor’s seemed to be less than impressed with how the barass deal went down but anyway hopefully we can make some pick swaps and cull a few more deadwood not sign them ie Rotham, Culley, witho. And get a couple of smart delisted free agents like Jason prior to improve our list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So a summary of the period:

Out: Pick 3, Barrass, F4
In: Pick 12, Baker, Graham, Owies, F1 (Hawks), F2 (Hawks), F3 (Hawks)

It's really not that bad when you look at it like this - just spewing we don't have a top 10 pick anymore, we paid more for Baker than Bailey Smith, and get overs for Barrass. What could have been.

On the flipside - could be a masterstroke if Hawks fall in shit heap and drop to bottom 6

BigFooty playing silly buggers so apologies if this has been posted.

In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies (plus Graham)

Not a home run by any means, still loathe that we moved off Pick 3, but we certainly have options now and have lifted the floor.

12, 26 this year.
F1, F1, F2, F2, F3, F3 next year.

In the end, its not melt worthy, phew!

Can look at it as:

Barass for Baker and F3

Pick 3 for 12, F1 and F2 ... which is what carlton paid for pick 3 basically... that's a 20-30 pick point upgrade for those who care for such things

Smart trading by the hawks, they effectively got carlton to part pay for tommy

I hope people are ok with it.

Clarke was ready to fold and Hawks were ready to walk. (He was sent out before negotiations got back underway)

Bit of shenanigans but we got the hawks to come up twice. I have no issue with Clarke managing contracts and money but he should never be a part of negotiations. Apologies it's not the 2 firsts for Barrass and our future second.

Will see if we can't bring some of that currency forward before I sign off in a few weeks.
So he is as bad as we’d suspected. Wonderful.

BigFooty playing silly buggers so apologies if this has been posted.

In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies (plus Graham)

Not a home run by any means, still loathe that we moved off Pick 3, but we certainly have options now and have lifted the floor.

12, 26 this year.
F1, F1, F2, F2, F3, F3 next year.

Surely we go into this years draft with more then 2 picks ??

How many list spots do we have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner is twice the player Kelly is to start with. And you have to understand that you can get crap in the draft even with top picks. Warner will have a good 6-8 years if we can get him.
If he wants to come home it is a no brainer to try to and get him.
Chad is a beast. Imagine having Chad, Harley, and Draper/FOS/Smith in the middle, with potentially Ginbey and Hewett. With OO, Waterman, Long, Hough. A few in and they'll be good, and drag Chesser, Maric and some other dues with them. We could start target recruiting at KPDs and line-breaking, elite disposal and decision making HBFs.

If we use our two firsts on Chad next year, we're probably going to need to try get a top tier mid the year after. Are we going to have a top 5 pick, though?

I can’t see why people are melting with a Full Draft Hand for Barrass. (4th Rounder’s will be pretty worthless next year)

If those 3 picks in theory net us Warner for Barrass would you call that a win?

I was actually talking to my wife about instant gratification this morning and I think it’s on full show. People just don’t want to wait, they want there shiny new toy now.

If that shiny new toy is Warner in a year well I don’t think people will be melting then. (He’s will also be cheap seeing as he’s OOC)

I find it odd they sent Jacob Brennan out of the room during negotiations.

Apparently he wanted to add in Waterman along with Barrass as a sweetener.

Last edited:
Can we just not treat this as fact lol. Imagine being in crazy negotiations and heading to bf 5 mins after for validation

"Clarke was getting a bit heated so I recommended he take a break by leaving the room to cool off and leave the negotiating to me.

After he was gone I slammed my fist down on the table, asserting my alpha presence and looked Sam Mitchell in the eye and told him what we'll be taking or we walk. He immediately yielded, and then his hot assistant said she wanted to make babies with me so we left in my harrier jet parked on the roof and flew to my private island where we had chicken tendies and made love all night."

I can’t see why people are melting with a Full Draft Hand for Barrass. (4th Rounder’s will be pretty worthless next year)

I was actually talking to my wife about instant gratification this morning and I think it’s on full show. People just don’t want to wait, they want there shiny new toy now.

If that shiny new toy is Warner in a year well I don’t think people will be melting then. (He’s will also be cheap seeing as he’s OOC)
I get the sentiment but picks, 18, 36, 54 aren't getting Chad.

12 & 26 in a bumper draft. Good going.. didn't think our list management could get any worse but there you have it. Clarke & Pyke can't hold a spoon to Rohan O'Brien's & Trevor Nisbett.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
In response to a question about great haul for next year.

Clarke said we wanted a strong draft hand for this year and next year. I had a ****ing chuckle

I hope people are ok with it.

Clarke was ready to fold and Hawks were ready to walk. (He was sent out before negotiations got back underway)

Bit of shenanigans but we got the hawks to come up twice. I have no issue with Clarke managing contracts and money but he should never be a part of negotiations. Apologies it's not the 2 firsts for Barrass and our future second.

Will see if we can't bring some of that currency forward before I sign off in a few weeks.
I was resolved with f1 +f2 so f3 was a bonus

Baker was OOC. He wasn't cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back