List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
It could be that simple if we needed to dump salary, which we don’t. Or he’s out of contract at the end of the year, which he isn’t.

Liam Ryan is an All Australian and a wonderful kick of the ball. He was one of our most damaging players earlier in the year before he was injured and looked to be in top shape, despite what some say on here about his training.

He’s also young enough to be part of the next flag push in 5 or so years so unless trading him nets us a top quality youngster or picks that contribute to that there is zero benefit to letting him go.
I agree he’s a super talent and i’d love him at the hawks. But no club is paying anything in the top 20 for Ryan coming off basically a whole year off. What would you pay for Mitch Georgiades?

I agree he’s a super talent and i’d love him at the hawks. But no club is paying anything in the top 20 for Ryan coming off basically a whole year off. What would you pay for Mitch Georgiades?

Well Georgiades doesn’t want to come back west so it’s a moot point but IF he did want to return I would think an early second would be his value due to his age profile and the fact talls always get that little bit more in a trade deal.

However he’s coming off a knee reco, out of contract, has been dropped multiple times by Port and we have an axe to grind with Port over Rioli so it would have been more likely a late second or early third or PSD threat.

As for any club not offering up a top 20 for Ryan, if this is the case then I can’t think of one good reason why we’d ship him out, can you?

Well Georgiades doesn’t want to come back west so it’s a moot point but IF he did want to return I would think an early second would be his value due to his age profile and the fact talls always get that little bit more in a trade deal.

However he’s coming off a knee reco, out of contract, has been dropped multiple times by Port and we have an axe to grind with Port over Rioli so it would have been more likely a late second or early third or PSD threat.

As for any club not offering up a top 20 for Ryan, if this is the case then I can’t think of one good reason why we’d ship him out, can you?
Do you think Ryan is worth more than Izak Rankine? Because that’s what you lot are suggesting

I think you west coast lot are definitely overvaluing your own player as we all can from time to time. But I can guarantee you that you won’t be getting anything in the top 20 from us or anyone else.
If Ryan was theoretically available- What pick would you use to take him in this upcoming draft?

Haha sorry I saw the shot and took it 😂

But seriously do you lot think a 26 year old Ryan who has been injured all year is worth more than a 22 year old Izak Rankine?

Find one post that’s said that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha sorry I saw the shot and took it 😂

But seriously do you lot think a 26 year old Ryan who has been injured all year is worth more than a 22 year old Izak Rankine?

I actually agree that your future 2nd would be involved, but daresay we'd want someone else as well, maybe dogs pick and we send something later back.

Saying that I'd be surprised if the story is true.

I actually agree that your future 2nd would be involved, but daresay we'd want someone else as well, maybe dogs pick and we send something later back.

Saying that I'd be surprised if the story is true.
That is exactly what I said at the start and got shot down for it.

To be honest I also doubt it’s true.

Heard some Curtin news this morning, the appreciation from a certain club is at high levels and direct touching may have occurred.
No chance he lasts past 3 if a certain club has that along with 2.
Curtin seems like a very loyal type too, ultimate professional. Once drafted he wouldn't leave.

Who is this Hawks Kent taking snipes at our players and list?

Ryan, who is contracted, is worth more than a future second and some meaningless late pick swaps.

He is also not worth pick three.

Therefore, he value lies somewhere in between. Perhaps a very late first.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to lose him. Genuine gun when he’s on.

But you won’t because both us and you guys have a good relationship. Very very rarely do you see a club hold onto a player that wants to go.

I'm not sure it's the player that wants to go. It's more likely a trade could be mutually beneficial for both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back