List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
It's really simple omg, idk why this thread is still going.

Pick 1 you keep and take Reid, you then trade TB to Sydney for their first, that way we dont need to split pick 1.

Look at ways to get another second rounder and then package our second rounder, ports, sydneys second rounder? for GC 1st pick

Done - pick 1 and 2 x top 10 picks. Not that hard.
That's not the problem from what I see . People just don't want to trade barrass unless we get Curtin

Personally I'm not a fan of spending high picks on interstate talls .

They won't want to stick around and develop in the 2nds . Its hard enough for young interstate draftees to move across the country but to stick it out in the 2nds and develop properly and not be playing afl would be tough .

At least if the developing tall is a WA lad he us still around his family and friends.

I would rather take Hardeman and Tholstrup TBH .

Like you I rate O'Sullivan higher I just don't think it works and we have a situation like brander were we are forced to change his position to get him AFL games ruining his development.

I don't think your point of 'not wanting to stick around to develop' is true. Bailey Williams spent most of his career in the 2s, up until this year. Small sample size but we've now got Barnett doing the same thing. I also think it'd be a toss between him and Bazzo for third tall if/when HEdwards returns.

To those in the know - is jake Rogers worth a look at the swans pick if we get that? He looks like a tough, busy and attacking midfielder going on highlights

Incredible talent considering his size, but the Suns will match that bid for him unfortunately. Lucky bastards are about to get 3 brilliant prospects

Incredible talent considering his size, but the Suns will match that bid for him unfortunately. Lucky bastards are about to get 3 brilliant prospects
They have been kissed on the **** since 2017 with draft picks, compensation picks, priority picks, academy rule changes, academy match at any pick picks, pre draft selections, zone rule changes etc.
And they apparently have another monster crop of academy talent coming in 2024 and 2025.

Any list with Day, Lukosius, Anderson, Rowell, Long, Swallow, Casboult, King, Hollands etc. has the core of a team that should win far more than it does. Add the 3 top 10 they'll get this year and it should start looking like a dynasty.

They’ll get the points to match all three? Even if they go at 2, 5 for the big bloke and 7 or whatever for Rogers?? That’s impressive!!

Why are some willing to sell the farm for Curtin?

If it doesn’t work with what we have walk away, and invest in bringing him home instead. We need to be better at getting our kids home. Objectively though is he more special than O’Sullivan, Sanders, Watson .etc? just because he hails from the best state in Australia.

Why are some willing to sell the farm for Curtin?

If it doesn’t work with what we have walk away, and invest in bringing him home instead. We need to be better at getting our kids home. Objectively though is he more special than O’Sullivan, Sanders, Watson .etc? just because he hails from the best state in Australia.
It seems that Curtin is the flavour of the year for 2023 and the blinkers are on for a lot of WCE posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woah… I guess it was true.

I’d be targeting 3 for Ryan and the pick we get for Barrass.

Ryan and 19 for 3

Or Ryan and the pick we get for Barrass for 3 and Brockman

He’s contracted, make them bleed

Ryan and 19 for 3

Or Ryan and the pick we get for Barrass for 3 and Brockman

He’s contracted, make them bleed

I’d love it, but it’s unrealistic considering his recent injury history and the fact his form hasn’t been very good for like 2 years.

I’d definitely try make them give up 3 though.

I don't think your point of 'not wanting to stick around to develop' is true. Bailey Williams spent most of his career in the 2s, up until this year. Small sample size but we've now got Barnett doing the same thing. I also think it'd be a toss between him and Bazzo for third tall if/when HEdwards returns.
Williams was a late 30s pick .
I'm willing to risk that .
I'm not will to risk a top 10 pick

They have been kissed on the **** since 2017 with draft picks, compensation picks, priority picks, academy rule changes, academy match at any pick picks, pre draft selections, zone rule changes etc.
And they apparently have another monster crop of academy talent coming in 2024 and 2025.

Any list with Day, Lukosius, Anderson, Rowell, Long, Swallow, Casboult, King, Hollands etc. has the core of a team that should win far more than it does. Add the 3 top 10 they'll get this year and it should start looking like a dynasty.

They're going to be stacked with talent. I can see why they are changing coach to get ready for a sustained finals run.

They’ll get the points to match all three? Even if they go at 2, 5 for the big bloke and 7 or whatever for Rogers?? That’s impressive!!
The problem GC have is they can only take as many picks into draft night as they have list positions .

So any trade of multiple picks for their first will have to be on draft night .

We should be ok to take more picks than we require to draft night

No no way in this lifetime the blokes worth pick 3. He would be a seconded rounder at best..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And nobody has said he’s worth pick 3

No no way in this lifetime the blokes worth pick 3. He would be a seconded rounder at best..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I did not say he was worth 3, I said we should trade the first we get from Sydney for Barrass which will be in the 6-9 range + Ryan for 3.

He’s still one of the best smalls in the competition when he’s on, but I’m aware his value right now wouldn’t be that high due to injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back