List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Retain Yeo. Play him solely at half back. He can’t go midfield anymore, not for extended time anyway.

If the Roos get picks 1 and 2 for McKay we should riot. Look at our percentage. We are 100% a worse team than them, we’ve been belted by 100+ 5x this year. No way they deserve pick 2 as compensation for losing a player like McKay. He’s not even that good, and if he was, they should be trying to retain him rather than get the AFLs secret herbs and spices to bail them out.
Spot on.

Rewarding them with Pick 2 only ensures they'll be terrible for a while to come by losing a KPD in the sweet spot, age wise. Incentivises them to give up (or at least not fight to keep) players who will make them better now, instead of in another 4 years. It also incentivises them not to actively pursue other free agents on the market who would make them better now, as they'd lose their compo if they did. System is complete dog shit.

Collard has been invited to the National Combine, so there’s plenty of interest in him. Hopefully he interviews badly. I hope we can find a place for him if satisfied he’s got the application to make it because he’s very damaging and would bring a new dimension to our forward line.

Livingston invited to the State combine so not as much interest in him. I just don’t see it with him. Goes well at colts level with his big frame but was ineffectual at the champs.

Big game from WCE NGA prospect Tyler Senge in WAFL colts on the weekend, and he has really improved through the season. Keen colts watcher Futbolista is a big rap for this kid. I wonder if he’s under consideration. He hasn’t been invited to any combines (as far as I’m aware) so, if the club is keen, they’re keeping it on the down-low.

Wow, we're now powerbrokers!

Pat on tha back everyone.

Lol.

We are The Eagles Big Footy Power Brokers.

Power Rangers 90S GIF

National Power Rangers Day GIF by Power Rangers

And Don'tT forget it.

Collard has been invited to the National Combine, so there’s plenty of interest in him. Hopefully he interviews badly. I hope we can find a place for him if satisfied he’s got the application to make it because he’s very damaging and would bring a new dimension to our forward line.

Livingston invited to the State combine so not as much interest in him. I just don’t see it with him. Goes well at colts level with his big frame but was ineffectual at the champs.

Big game from WCE NGA prospect Tyler Senge in WAFL colts on the weekend, and he has really improved through the season. Keen colts watcher Futbolista is a big rap for this kid. I wonder if he’s under consideration. He hasn’t been invited to any combines (as far as I’m aware) so, if the club is keen, they’re keeping it on the down-low.

There's no way Norf should get access to Sanders if we can't get access to Collard and co.

It was suggested we were trying to get this all approved in lieu of a PP request in months gone by, so I hope it's all done and dusted and will be announced in the weeks ahead.

He makes a good point about the Suns and then ruins it by saying North haven't had any help.
Meh, the point about the suns is stupid. Every Victorain club was raiding the suns every year. The AFL realised and gave them the academys so they could develop local players and retain them easier. Like Sydney they have refined their academy and are now cranking out players. It's a good thing.

North a just a minnow in the Victorian club pool, and have had a half decade of shambolic management and coaches. They deserve what they get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had forgotten how bad North are. They finished 2nd last in 2020, then back to back last finishes in 2021/22 and this year they'll either be last or second last.

Contrast to Crows who missed the 8 in 2018 and 2019, last in 2020, bottom 4 in 2021 and mid table last 2 years (should be playing finals this year if the umps hadn't robbed them twice).

Meh, the point about the suns is stupid. Every Victorain club was raiding the suns every year. The AFL realised and gave them the academys so they could develop local players and retain them easier. Like Sydney they have refined their academy and are now cranking out players. It's a good thing.

North a just a minnow in the Victorian club pool, and have had a half decade of shambolic management and coaches. They deserve what they get.
More like it, they dont deserve what it looks like they will get.

He makes a good point about the Suns and then ruins it by saying North haven't had any help.
Every time I read about the Suns and Roos and propping them up, I think of James Brayshaw as Norf President and the wasted opportunity to relocate to the Gold Coast and be the Northern Roos. It would have saved millions in propping up money and with half the draft concessions and every second match played in Melbourne, the Northern Roos could probably have won 2 or 3 flags by now.

We can always settle for pick 3.

Then Trade Gaff, Sheed, Darling, Waterman, West, Oneill and any other spud for North's Pick 1. Massive Salary Cap dump, Nth get some senior players to replace Ziebell,Cunnington & McKay etc.

So we get pick 1 Harley Reid & 3 Curtain
Reverse Eberting North. Reverse thinking

Sorry few cans in 😜 Just over this Vic bias s**t all of sudden Norf get gifted everything, While supposedly we are the worst team since Fitzroy......
Are you even mildly surprised?

the worst team in history deserves no assistance because they've been successful in the past while North should get...
Priority access to a top 10 player (Sanders) as an allowed academy match (while WC don't have that right until outside pick 40)
Band 1 compo for McKay, regardless of where the offer sits,
A priority pick somewhere.

Ideally for North they would end up with Pick 1 (Wooden spoon), pick 2 (McKay compo), pick 8 (match Sanders) and pick 17 (Ports pick).
And that's without additional PP compo.

And we get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back