List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Ricky in the same post mentions we're one of the clubs interesting Steven Motlop
Ricky's off his head. What the **** do we need a flaky HF for?

Next year we have:
Willie
Ryan
Jones
Petch
Langdon
Cripps

All capable of playing a role.

Ideally it'd be Willi, Ryan, Cripps & Petch with Kennedy and Darling. For all the shit that Petch cops, he's still good for 20+ goals a year and has looked like improving when each time his hammies let him down.

We are a soft arsed team. The more players on the list that dig in the better.
1 we would need to create a list spot for SPP
2 we would have to give up a valuable pick when we need to refresh our list
3 we would need to pay him $300+

I would rather pay west 80k to play that role and draft a new kid

Apart for intent and tackling SPP is nothing more .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that always the way? GC don't have to give anything up but the AFL use a secret and highly dodgy/speculative algorithm to calculate what pick should be given to the club losing the player.
Pretty sure it just comes down to contract size and length.
The fact Richmond can't match probably means GC don't have to pay overs .
Chol is from QLD so go home factor may help GC get him for a decent rate

Im confused how do richmond get a compo pick for Chol whose a FA and not a RFA????

ANYONE?
How this shambles of a rule isn't causing more outrage is beyond me.

Use Joe Daniher last year as example.
- Essendon don't want him because he's taking a heap of cap space sitting on or behind the fence (literally).
- Brisbane want him but only for free.
- Essendon plays the 'oh he's still such a talent though and good luck to him, blah, blah, blah = Pick 8 or thereabouts compo.
- Everyone else get's punished by going back a spot.

Here we are working out a way just to get a Top 20 pick with all these unlikely scenarios but Essendon uses the system to its full advantage and gets an additional pick which normally you would have to sit through a pretty horrid year to get.

Band 1 compo (if that even should be a thing) should start at start of Round 2 at best.

I think the only distinction between FA and RFA is you can match the latter's contract offer to force a trade.

This is correct.

RFA status means 8 years service and top 25% paid player at the club.

UFA means 8 years service and bottom 75% paid player at the club, or 10 years service.

DFA means the club has given you the boot. You can go anywhere for whatever money is on offer, zero compo. Someone like Brander who is currently OOC can only become a DFA if we let him go.

1 we would need to create a list spot for SPP
2 we would have to give up a valuable pick when we need to refresh our list
3 we would need to pay him $300+

I would rather pay west 80k to play that role and draft a new kid

Apart for intent and tackling SPP is nothing more .
It's a moot point anyway by the sounds of it. Eagles have said they wont bring in any new players besides the draft.

How this shambles of a rule isn't causing more outrage is beyond me.

Use Joe Daniher last year as example.
- Essendon don't want him because he's taking a heap of cap space sitting on or behind the fence (literally).
- Brisbane want him but only for free.
- Essendon plays the 'oh he's still such a talent though and good luck to him, blah, blah, blah = Pick 8 or thereabouts compo.
- Everyone else get's punished by going back a spot.

Here we are working out a way just to get a Top 20 pick with all these unlikely scenarios but Essendon uses the system to its full advantage and gets an additional pick which normally you would have to sit through a pretty horrid year to get.

Band 1 compo (if that even should be a thing) should start at start of Round 2 at best.
I think they should make the compo come from the team receiving the player. That would stop everyone else getting punished and make it a bit harder to just load up on free agents.

What was the Turley mask thing? I was only 6 in 1991 and only have vague memories of that and 1992 GF.
The West had a centre spread with a turley mask. 40,000 at the ground expected with a Turley cut out head. Build up all week then Malthouse cracked it: don't bring it to the ground, pressure on Turley etc.

Just negative energy from malthouse.

The West had a centre spread with a turley mask. 40,000 at the ground expected with a Turley cut out head. Build up all week then Malthouse cracked it: don't bring it to the ground, pressure on Turley etc.

Oh yeah, didn't the West end up dropping the idea at the last minute and printing Eagles logo mask things instead?
I hope there's 40,000 Craig Turley masks preserved in a landfill somewhere, waiting to confuse the hell out of an archaeologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back