List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Bit off topic here
But how did the old father son system work prior to the points system ? Did the club just sign said player if they were eligible and agreed to join the eligible club?

For example did we sign Ben pre draft or did we have to match bids/ use draft picks ?
It was pre draft up until the late 90s then you had to use a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Then the point system came in.

Former Top 10 pick with 60-70 games under his belt.

Just about to hit his prime. I’d certainly hope so, at the bare minimum

Guys who are just about to hit their prime don’t usually get dropped repeatedly and played out of their preferred position for a whole season.

Former top 6 pick who has stagnated to the point he can't get a game for a bottom 6 team .

I'm not talking about Richard tambling either

Ya sorry mate but you aren't going to get a lot of interest in anything close to that range for SPS on this board.

There's been basically no interest in SPS until this point on this board at all and anything more than pick 49/52 is going to be met with derision. Fortunately it looks like the club feels the same way.

On what he's produced so far it would be a speculative acquisition of a player who's out of favour and going home, nothing about this is in Carlton's favour. Could walk to the draft and I doubt Freo would touch him, much like Martin.

Shitty for Carlton but it happens, might be a poor pick or botched development, regardless that's where he's at now. We have our own in Brander who we might lose for nothing.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we pay between 30-40 for SPS. I also reckon we’d say that’s about his value if the tables were turned, it’s really only the nominated club element that lowers his perceived value past that point IMO. People here assumed we might get a second rounder for Brander.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we pay between 30-40 for SPS. I also reckon we’d say that’s about his value if the tables were turned, it’s really only the nominated club element that lowers his perceived value past that point IMO. People here assumed we might get a second rounder for Brander.

Dunno man. Has Carlton even offered him a contract? I don't think they have. Looks like they're cutting their losses.

Reckon 52 and maybe a pick swap will get it done.

And on Brander I think most of us are resigned to losing him for nothing. Certainly appears the club is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is trade week fortnight though?

Don't miss a minute of the action, such as

• Trade speculation.
  • 2 plebs talking about a clubs list.
  • More trade speculation.
  • A late pick swap.
  • What MIGHT happen.
  • And don't forget.... ADVERTS.

It's riveting as hell. But then you get up to put the kettle on, and miss the news that the Magpies have handed over pick 41 for Kreuger and also received the Cats' pick 55. ****!

Where he went in the Draft has no relevance to his current value.

Or are we meant to pay more because Carlton have a poor recruiting team?

End of the day his value is dictated by his performance thus far and your clutching if you think that is 2nd round Territory.

Mick Foleys son going to be a good player in 3 years.
bang-mick-foley.gif

Absolutely no Chance with pick 35,
He’s a fringe player at a struggling club
He will likely be 6th/7th/8th option at west coast and no guarantee game time!
Theres a lot of good talent in this draft, would much rather take a punt at the draft with 35 then spend it on a non best 22 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back