List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Darling doesn’t need the cleanest forward entries but he needs quick entries. Our stagnant ball movement didn’t just dry up our forward entries but it helped the oppo defence to set up and actually be able to cover off him and JK. In that burst against Dee’s he looked backed to his best and was threatening. Even against the lions he looked good.

It's less pages if you ignore everyone he fights with

Nup, ignore list is for cowards and those with a below average peen.

There's a cutla real melons on here, Figure09, Alphy, SGIO, Smotie01, Smotie02, Smotie19, Fivey, Thorne, but you just gotta roll with it and give them a platform to say their peace.

Gets too boring and we run out of memes otherwise.

I'm not excited by either SPP or SPS. They've nominated us but that doesn't mean we're obliged to act on it.

I'd be guaranteeing SPS that we take him in the preseason draft if a trade can't get done. It might force Carlton into taking 30 cents on the dollar for him. The bloke is talented.

As for Brander I'd like to keep him. New assistant coaches might finally settle him into a role. But if he wants to go, could we get some interest out of Brisbane? Maybe him and pick swaps their way for Robertson? They need more tall forwards with Hipwood out and McStay and Daniher underwhelming.
SPP has nominated us?

There's a cutla real melons on here, Figure09, Alphy, SGIO, Smotie01, Smotie02, Smotie19, Fivey, Thorne, but you just gotta roll with it and give them a platform to say their peace.

Wait 'til you have kids (at least average peen confirmed 💪) and you'll realise when you're time poor you do not want to waste an extra hour each day reading the opinions of dropkicks

Blessed to not get included in Sharts list

If we could’ve gotten Logan McDonald from Barrass and another pick id 100% do that.

Draft Andrew and bazzo and next flag tilt ruck/spine is set as McDonald, Allen, Hedwards, Bazzo. Then we can truely bottom out and take top 5 draft pick mids in the next few years as our tall timber develops.

Andrew mcdougall manages SPP and was just on 6PR talking about him being traded to WCE as if it’s still a live thing 🤷‍♂️

Emphasised that to get done it would have to be mutually beneficial for both clubs but he put it out there without being asked specifically about Powell-Pepper

So perhaps not quite as dead in the water as it appeared

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And pour one out for Hungry. We lost a real one when he departed.

Trash and you all know it.

Blessed to get included 🤣

Andrew mcdougall manages SPP and was just on 6PR talking about him being traded to WCE as if it’s still a live thing 🤷‍♂️

Emphasised that to get done it would have to be mutually beneficial for both clubs but he put it out there without being asked specifically about Powell-Pepper

Interesting. Managers and used car salesmen?

Bloody hell that’s harsh.

Thorne’s alright isn’t he?

Interesting. I want him playing for us and I think he adds something we don't have, but conversely I cannot get a read on our list and I'm not sure if we're a genuine shot next year.

It'll take a second round pick to pry him loose, and there are genuine options available that might be 10 year players if we are not going to make top 4 next year.

Really unsure about whether we should take our draft hand to the draft or continue to plug holes for a tilt.

I mentioned last night that Daniels tweet that it was a "long shot" and the Eagles not interested "currently" made it sound like it's still a possibility and we're basically just talking down his value

This confirms it even further imo

Interesting. I want him playing for us and I think he adds something we don't have, but conversely I cannot get a read on our list and I'm not sure if we're a genuine shot next year.

It'll take a second round pick to pry him loose, and there are genuine options available that might be 10 year players if we are not going to make top 4 next year.

Really unsure about whether we should take our draft hand to the draft or continue to plug holes for a tilt.

You are right, he does add something we don’t have, turnover merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back