List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
DREAM:
Pick 10: JHF
Pick 29: Finn Callaghan
Pick 35: Erasmus
Pick 68: MJ

Dream:
Pick 10: Ward/Hobbs/Erasmus/MJ
Pick 29: Hough/Knevitt
Pick 35: Bazzo/Angus Beef/Dittmar
Pick 68: Bailey Rogers

Biggest Melt: Mac Andrew @ pick 10
I’m still not completely opposed to Mac Andrew at 12 but he should be gone by then.

If that happened I would think strategy would change with more “ready to play” mids needed to be picked at 29 and 35. Be that a sheldrick/Bailey Rogers type.

squeeze out one or two more years with current crop while Andrew develops before bottoming out hard for a year or two to get the top line mids to put next to a ready to go Andrew.

What are your thoughts delaying a tall and taking Polson. Never going to be an A grader but could be a solid B grader at CHB or FB

I don't mind Polson, is he a 4th rounder or a rookie is the question. If we delay and go all smalls in the main draft I'm not against either Polson or Pegoraro if we want someone more developed but perhaps able to provide cover sooner.

DREAM:

Dream:
Pick 10: Ward/Hobbs/Erasmus/MJ
Pick 29: Hough/Knevitt
Pick 35: Bazzo/Angus Beef/Dittmar
Pick 68: Bailey Rogers

Biggest Melt: Mac Andrew @ pick 10
First dream is an absolute wet dream, the type where you need a new bed in the morning!!!

DREAM:

That’s going to require a lot of ⛺️ tents

I’m still not completely opposed to Mac Andrew at 12 but he should be gone by then.

If that happened I would think strategy would change with more “ready to play” mids needed to be picked at 29 and 35. Be that a sheldrick/Bailey Rogers type.

squeeze out one or two more years with current crop while Andrew develops before bottoming out hard for a year or two to get the top line mids to put next to a ready to go Andrew.

I see him as 3-5 years away to a decent playing weight, which is severely limiting. Nice skills, but a definite project unless we are playing him at wing...

Did anyone actually watch the vid on GWS and Erasmus?

All they said was GWS are one of a number of clubs that like him. No sh*t, I reckon 18 clubs would like him.

Also feels like GWS have been linked to 6-8 different players by the media at this stage. They're playing the game well.

That 35 will still have some quality to choose from. Matt Roberts would be very nice. Browne from WA, Tunstill, but 35 seems a tad early.

It seems a little early but if you’re only taking 3 or 4 players , the draft number doesn’t matter if you rate a certain player and who they think may be gone by Pk 68 ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be against offering 29 + Future second for Fremantle’s Pick 19 and see if they bite.

Would then love a combo of Johnson & Draper with 10 & 19.

Then maybe Dittmar/Tunstill/Jones later on
I'm sure they'll get a significantly better offer for the first pick of day 2

What about Noah Pegoraro?
Noah - I’ve seen bits on tv but not live this year as Joondalup is out of the way. Another interception KPD is low on my list, why I like Polson is he has great closing speed and can play both lockdown and intercept KPD. If we were needing an instant fill, maybe Noah but we have enough for now and can afford to bank a FB for the future

Noah - I’ve seen bits on tv but not live this year as Joondalup is out of the way. Another interception KPD is low on my list, why I like Polson is he has great closing speed and can play both lockdown and intercept KPD. If we were needing an instant fill, maybe Noah but we have enough for now and can afford to bank a FB for the future
Thanks mate...Gov may not be with us next year if the rumours are true. Food for thought?

Thanks mate...Gov may not be with us next year if the rumours are true. Food for thought?
That will be a well used $1 mln in salary cap.

I would back in Harry and Tom in Govs absence. Otherwise Allen as CHB and Williams as ruck/forward.

Wouldn’t be against offering 29 + Future second for Fremantle’s Pick 19 and see if they bite.

Would then love a combo of Johnson & Draper with 10 & 19.

Then maybe Dittmar/Tunstill/Jones later on
Brissy might be the likelier candidate for that trade - they need points for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back