List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Immediately after retiring from a remarkable career at Subiaco, revered midfielder Kyal Horsley has joined the Eagles as a development coach."

Don't mind that, one of those blokes who got the absolute most out of himself despite not being the most naturally talented player. Few on our list that could stand to learn a bit from him i'd reckon.

In 100% sure the hold up with Witherden deal is he needs to sign a new contract with the Eagles. He wants a extra year so we gotta figure out salary cap wise how that works

Unlike Collingwood, we dont really just take random ass guesses and then wake up on September and be like "sh*t we are stuffed"

I am yet to hear or read where either Witherden, or his manager have come out and said that he has requested a trade to West Coast.

All we have heard in skuttlebutt from various media sources.

West Coast and Brisbane have said diddly-squat.

Might happen .......... but at this point in time its all just mere speculation.

I am yet to hear or read where either Witherden, or his manager have come out and said that he has requested a trade to West Coast.

Might happen .......... but at this point in time its all just mere speculation.

If you cant agree a contract then you cant request a move, which is why he hasnt requested one

A player only requests a trade once a contract is agreed too. Can you imagine the embarassment of "I want to go to Sydney" then Hickey is like "Ah they asked me to take a pay ciut, can I come back?"

His manager was on trade radio yesterday. Said both clubs were keen to see a deal done, elite kick and will relish playing at Optus

2020 is ducked when Brayden Ainsworth gets a highlight package.

His manager yesterday said he was keen

If you cant agree a contract then you cant request a move, which is why he hasnt requested one

A player only requests a trade once a contract is agreed too. Can you imagine the embarassment of "I want to go to Sydney" then Hickey is like "Ah they asked me to take a pay ciut, can I come back?"

Conversely if you approach a player you generally have a budget in mind before you ask.

So what you are saying is that his manager is negotiating a contract....good luck his manager is Paul ( greedy ) Conners

Part two of that is WC would also need to have some idea of the trade capital it would require to satisfy Brisbane.

No point making an offer to a player if you cant satisfy the Club you want to prise him away from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Bit harsh - the guy won Most Professional at Gold Coast while Campbell Brown, Harley Bennell, Steven May, Charlie Dixon and Brandon Matera still walked those hallowed corridors.

Seriously though, who knows? It’s an assistant coaching gig, he could be an absolutely ripper.

Not to pile on Monocle here, his manager is Nick Geischen, not actually Connors himself, though he does work for Connor’s company. Was part of that whole Jerry Maguire Sports Agent shit fight from last year.

Conversely if you approach a player you generally have a budget in mind before you ask.

So what you are saying is that his manager is negotiating a contract....good luck his manager is Paul ( greedy ) Conners

Part two of that is WC would also need to have some idea of the trade capital it would require to satisfy Brisbane.

No point making an offer to a player if you cant satisfy the Club you want to prise him away from.
You’re making this sound like J Cameron is up for grabs. This is a fringe player who’s team sounds like they want to trade him out for list number or salary cap reasons. Highly likely this deal is part of the Hickey or Cockatoo deal which is why it’s being held up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back