List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 58 and 62 are well and truly unders for Hickey, 25 is slightly overs. So unless Swans pull another pick out after Alir leaves or something, in the 30-40 range, i doubt it'll be that straightforward. Pick 60 is at least worth 148 academy points so 60 and Hickey might work, if that's what they're chasing.

As for everyone constantly saying how we need X late pick because we HAVE to take 3 picks in the draft... can someone tell me why we can't just use our late late picks on draft night after everyone passes? Because i honestly don't know if that's realistic or not. The pick 91, 109, 127. Unless that's an error?

If the other clubs usually start passing between pick 65 and 75, can we not jump up with our trash late picks and start picking at that range?

Means we'll still have the required 3 selections, they'll just be later on in the piece. It's only really a small downgrade.

Pick 58 and 62 are well and truly unders for Hickey, 25 is slightly overs. So unless Swans pull another pick out after Alir leaves or something, in the 30-40 range, i doubt it'll be that straightforward. Pick 60 is at least worth 148 academy points so 60 and Hickey might work, if that's what they're chasing.

As for everyone constantly saying how we need X late pick because we HAVE to take 3 picks in the draft... can someone tell me why we can't just use our late late picks on draft night after everyone passes? Because i honestly don't know if that's realistic or not. The pick 91, 109, 127. Unless that's an error?

If the other clubs usually start passing between pick 65 and 75, can we not jump up with our trash late picks and start picking at that range?

Means we'll still have the required 3 selections, they'll just be later on in the piece. It's only really a small downgrade.

That's exactly what we can do.

Additionally, if we want to take a delisted or mature-age player (i.e. someone we were going to take in the SSP for instance) we could ask them to put a 1-year contract on their nomination form (as only 1st time draftees have the requirement of a 2-year deal - previously listed players can put their term down). Basically moving a post-draft selection into the actual draft for the purposes of meeting a minimum requirement.

The other option would be to move JJ onto the main list, along with Edwards and only taking 1 'live' pick. If we snag 25 from Sydney and keep 34 - then potentially bundle those 2 for a higher pick to a team chasing points.

That's my understanding. You effectively have an unlimited draft picks at the end of the draft to fill list spots

While you are at it ask him which Clubs have spoken to him, he got a late call up to the State Combine so some Clubs would have nominated him for the screening.

You don't get an invite with out multiple Clubs requesting you.

So that would indicate that he has interest.

Would be curious as to who.

Couldn’t really get much much out of him. He said he’d prefer to go to whoever gave him the opportunity, so anyone. And I asked who was interested and he said a few clubs but he has to wait until trade periods over to know for sure. Said he couldn’t really tell me which clubs they are so basically got no new information just that some clubs are interested

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t really get much much out of him. He said he’d prefer to go to whoever gave him the opportunity, so anyone. And I asked who was interested and he said a few clubs but he has to wait until trade periods over to know for sure. Said he couldn’t really tell me which clubs they are so basically got no new information just that some clubs are interested

And so they should be.

Make it happen before so the don't ask for that pick.

I can imagine Brisbane holding out for this.

They might need to act first because the BODE may well need to have the pick that they will get, via Brisbane - for Nika Cookatoo sorted , as part of, either the Missy Higgins or Cameron trade.

Bottom line is that from our point of view how long it takes for the Hickey deal really doesn't matter, we are in no hurry, as it stands he is a required player until the Swans make us an offer that rewards us adequately enough to move him on.

NO trade ..... no big deal he is a required player, we are not an eager seller in this trade, but we will look at it IF the picks stack our way otherwise ..... No Deal.

The Hickey trade is a classic sellers market.

Sounds like he doesn’t like you very much 🤷‍♀️

Just jokes, thanks for the info

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both trades were completed last week, Eagles just waiting on Stocks to finish his puff pieces on each player and pick involved.

“Hailing from an AFL head office spreadsheet, Pick 58 always seemed destined to play AFL football fill a list space at West Coast. Blessed with the uncanny ability to fall down the draft order, Pick 58 shapes as the ideal replacement for club favourite Tom Hickey - with them both highly unlikely to play a key on field role for the Eagles in 2021.”

"Immediately after retiring from a remarkable career at Subiaco, revered midfielder Kyal Horsley has joined the Eagles as a development coach."

"Immediately after retiring from a remarkable career at Subiaco, revered midfielder Kyal Horsley has joined the Eagles as a development coach."

Could he be the BBMWBLW?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back