List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that effort to trade out of this draft and the AFL go tweak the bidding rules, thus forcing us back to the good end of the draft.
Genius plan worked a treat.
Pick 16 might be a stretch but we knew what we were doing.

Just wish we tried to keep a few picks in the 50s, 60s as they could have legitimately been turned into a usable pick with the rule change. Think we do the hickey trade differently if we knew this was gonna happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just wish we tried to keep a few picks in the 50s, 60s as they could have legitimately been turned into a usable pick with the rule change. Think we do the hickey trade differently if we knew this was gonna happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably true, but what can you do?

The AFL loves moving the goalposts so much that odds are the next rule change will be actual moving goalposts...

Had Hawkins not decked Schoey behind the play in our EF in 19, there's a fair chance they make the granny against GWS

Not convinced of that at all. They had the Tigers in a similar spot in the GF and still choked with Hawkins.

For anyone playing at home, the only one of our picks which has any points value is pick 62.

Which is worth a measly 123 points.

So there's not a whole lot of likelihood some spud team will hit us up to be involved in any late pick swap to get up the draft order.

IF that happens, it'd likely be a package deal for one of our picks next year.

How often has that happened? (I’m not suggesting it hasn’t I just didn’t know how often it had)

It definitely happened at least once in the first half against the doggies. Can't remember if it happened any more than that. He only played 3 games and fanfooty seems to suggest he finished the matches he played against the tigers and bobmers.

How often has that happened? (I’m not suggesting it hasn’t I just didn’t know how often it had)

Well 4 times since mid-2019 (actually round 15) Hutch has played less than 50% game time. In at least 3 of those he got injured during the match and cost us a rotation on the bench.

In that time he has played 8 games. (i.e. in half of his matches in the past year and a bit he hasn't had a TOG% above 50)

It's a small sample size - so is skewed by a few unlucky incidents - but the reality is if he can't consistently get on the park then he doesn't deserve a list spot. (mostly due to reduced list sizes sadly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It definitely happened at least once in the first half against the doggies. Can't remember if it happened any more than that. He only played 3 games and fanfooty seems to suggest he finished the matches he played against the tigers and bobmers.
^^ Yep you are right- 75% TOG for those 2 games. I know he went down in the Tigers game last year when we were belting them and he was doing a stellar job on Dusty. Went down in the 2nd quarter and Dusty got of the leash and we ended up losing after being about 7 goals up in the 1st quarter.

Does anyone not want Hutch to get another contract? Surely he is good enough to be on the list?

Ainsworth at times showed he was just as capable of playing the lock down role that Hutchings did, is younger and more durable.

If Hutchings had more strings to his bow than just being a tagger, he would have already had a contract by now.

^^ Yep you are right- 75% TOG for those 2 games. I know he went down in the Tigers game last year when we were belting them and he was doing a stellar job on Dusty. Went down in the 2nd quarter and Dusty got of the leash and we ended up losing after being about 7 goals up in the 1st quarter.

Went down in the Hawks game away last year as well.

Was doing a good job shutting down Impey who then got off the chain when he went off and was one of the driving forces of them getting back into it.

Ainsworth at times showed he was just as capable of playing the lock down role that Hutchings did, is younger and more durable.

If Hutchings had more strings to his bow than just being a tagger, he would have already had a contract by now.

I've been one of Hutchings' most ardent admirers on here over the years, but I think it's time. To Carbine Chaos's point, we've been stagnant for a couple of years now. I think that's more a matter of game plan and mental intent than it is the list itself, but shaking up the list by moving one or two blokes on the edges and trending down, like Hutch, makes a lot of sense to me.

If there’s one thing we know about West Coast, it’s that they telegraph their draft intentions well ahead of time.

That’s why we were linked so heavily to Xavier O’Neill and Callum Jamieson ahead of the last couple of drafts, and why they were already household names on here by the time the draft rolled around.
I havent seen anything of Neale but I know the club always takes the best available rather than what we need.

Do we need another project ruckmen? No. Will we find a good midfielder that late in the draft? Highly unlikely.

I would retain Hutch as midfield depth, mostly because I’d rather he be in there than Ah Chee, should it come to that.

Feel though we may have moved on from Hutch after he played a key role in 2018.

He’s a GOP, so it’s never a high reward scenario really.

I would retain Hutch as midfield depth, mostly because I’d rather he be in there than Ah Chee, should it come to that.

Hutch is a genuinely B22 midfielder when fit and firing. But his hamstrings snap at the slightest breeze. We could take him on for another year and he does a 4-6 week hammy in round 1... I think i'd rather take them gamble on someone fit that could possibly develop.

Hutch is a genuinely B22 midfielder when fit and firing. But his hamstrings snap at the slightest breeze. We could take him on for another year and he does a 4-6 week hammy in round 1... I think i'd rather take them gamble on someone fit that could possibly develop.

When your 2020 highlights get bundled in with Petrucelle's, you're in trouble.

I wouldn't be fussed if Hutch got another year. If the whispers about Yeo are true then Hutch has some value as an accountable/defensive mid who has a really good understanding of our role driven team and game plan.

He's a break glass in case of emergency, minimum wage type.

Get rid of both.

One has no impact, the other can't get on the park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back