Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

my point is the media has scared the Australian population so bad over something thats not much worse than the common cold and yet we have absolutely f’ed ourselves for the next 10-15 years and destroyed the economy

My daughter is an ED nurse & has seen a bit, her daily work wear alone suggests she is very wrong IF you are right.
EDs have entitled people filling the space always.

Ffs are you that dense? You have the sum of the worlds knowledge contained and accessible at your fingertips.......

Majority of fatal COVID-19 cases had existing health problems
Tom McIlroy
Tom McIlroyPolitical reporter
Jun 24, 2020 – 4.19pm

Save

Nearly 70 per cent of Australians who have died from COVID-19 had chronic health conditions, including hypertension, dementia and diabetes, new data shows.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/co...ia-had-pre-existing-conditions-ng-b881588009z

Coronavirus crisis: Most people who died from COVID-19 in Australia had pre-existing conditions
Rebecca Gredley
PerthNow
June 24, 2020 10:35AM
TOPICS
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Australia
Nearly 70 per cent of people who have died from coronavirus in Australia had pre-existing conditions such as hypertension, dementia and diabetes.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday released data looking at coronavirus deaths until the end of May, when 89 people had died.

The statistics show there were more male than female deaths, in line with international data.

I don't understand your point? They deserve to die? Most old people will have various diseases they live with.

Its funny how all you idiots are looking at numbers of recoveries and deaths whilst we are all under some of the harshest restrictions, social distancing, lockdowns this planet has ever seen.. Have you ever stopped and thought what those numbers may look like if we wernt?

Even in stage 3 we were averaging close to 50 or 60 covid admissions a day alone under these measures.

Hospitals are almost breaching year in year out anyway without covid.. This isn't just about death's this is about being able to have a sustainable Healthcare system. ICU would be breaching in the matter of weeks without restrictions that's a absolute fact. It wouldn't be just covid deaths you'd be seeing it would be people that are under the curve - chronic illnesses, acute illnesses, trauma patients that would all die because they wouldn't be able to get a bed not to mention our aged care sector being completely decimated.

I've been a registered nurse for a decade but surely you don't need to be that experienced or educated in healthcare to have a light bulb moment like this? Surely?
You might want to read what I was responding to.

You might want to read what I was responding to.
My reply wasn't directed to you sorry. It's directed to the people that keep pointing to the numbers and screaming they're low.

The only 2 arguments for and against lockdown are

-need to lockdown because millions of people will die and we don't enough about this virus.
-need to open up because we'd rather millions die than the world go through a great depression.

Any other argument is basically just political b.s.

Yeah sure, making excuses and blaming others for your short comings leads to much better outcomes.
I have a feeling we've been here before. You have a set of ideas that are impervious to evidence and reason.

Well we have attenuated it by government actions

Other countries havnt - lots are dead
even in the U.S the deaths are like 0.003 % of there population. The country with "the worst outbreak" has such a small amount of there population that has died with covid and in any case alot of deaths that could be heart attack or something else has being labelled as covid because they had covid at some point before dying, those facts are incorrect and not labelled properly. The flu is way down this year because everything is labelled as covid, its all BS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, now imagine 19 million people got it instead of 19,000. What do the numbers look like then?
And its worse than the the basic maths. As numbers escalate, a point would be reached where hospitals would be totally overwhelmed. We’ve seen instances of this in places WITH hard restrictions. There would be an infection threshold beyond which there would be carnage.

And its worse than the the basic maths. As numbers escalate, a point would be reached where hospitals would be totally overwhelmed. We’ve seen instances of this in places WITH hard restrictions. There would be an infection threshold beyond which there would be carnage.
you really think hospitals are getting full?

Yeah because that worked so well in sweden

You're not real good at maths are you?

Refer to 'Chance of NOT dying of Covid 19'..

Was he wrong? Death rate as a % of positive tests is 1.79%, when you factor all the people who have the virus but are either asymptomatic or don't register a positive test, it WOULD be 1%!

Care to correct your statement above?

1598084824803.png

Was he wrong? Death rate as a % of positive tests is 1.79%, when you factor all the people who have the virus but are either asymptomatic or don't register a positive test, it WOULD be 1%!

View attachment 942289

Is this from a pamphlet someone handed to you?

View attachment 942289
and apparently anyone reporting these stats is crazy, i think id rather take my chances and live a normal life than be fear shamed into staying home forever because theres a 0.44% chance ill test positive to corona

No, because into your equation you have included active cases that have not yet had a result.
If you want to include these figures one could correctly conclude that those who contracted the virus only have a 76% of recovery.
So yes, he was, as are you, wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back