Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You've really signed up to the fear campaign haven't you.

nah, i am capable of independent thought and basic maths, something you apparently struggle with.

BTW remember when I told you the covid death rate in Australia was 2% and rising and you laughed, well guess what, today it is 3%.

nah, i am capable of independent thought and basic maths, something you apparently struggle with.

BTW remember when I told you the covid death rate in Australia was 2% and rising and you laughed, well guess what, today it is 3%.
hahaha 3% of what, the population or covid cases, i dont see 750,000 australians dying which is 3%. Might want to check your facts

Who's died with covid that wasn't either in poor health or had a compromised immune system.
Ffs are you that dense? You have the sum of the worlds knowledge contained and accessible at your fingertips.......

Majority of fatal COVID-19 cases had existing health problems
Tom McIlroy
Tom McIlroyPolitical reporter
Jun 24, 2020 – 4.19pm

Save

Nearly 70 per cent of Australians who have died from COVID-19 had chronic health conditions, including hypertension, dementia and diabetes, new data shows.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/co...ia-had-pre-existing-conditions-ng-b881588009z

Coronavirus crisis: Most people who died from COVID-19 in Australia had pre-existing conditions
Rebecca Gredley
PerthNow
June 24, 2020 10:35AM
TOPICS
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Australia
Nearly 70 per cent of people who have died from coronavirus in Australia had pre-existing conditions such as hypertension, dementia and diabetes.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday released data looking at coronavirus deaths until the end of May, when 89 people had died.

The statistics show there were more male than female deaths, in line with international data.

You're including those who died 'with' covid.. those stats are bullshit, as confirmed by Brett Sutton himself.

Ffs are you that dense? You have the sum of the worlds knowledge contained and accessible at your fingertips.......

Majority of fatal COVID-19 cases had existing health problems
Tom McIlroy
Tom McIlroyPolitical reporter
Jun 24, 2020 – 4.19pm

Save

Nearly 70 per cent of Australians who have died from COVID-19 had chronic health conditions, including hypertension, dementia and diabetes, new data shows.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/co...ia-had-pre-existing-conditions-ng-b881588009z

Coronavirus crisis: Most people who died from COVID-19 in Australia had pre-existing conditions
Rebecca Gredley
PerthNow
June 24, 2020 10:35AM
TOPICS
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Australia
Nearly 70 per cent of people who have died from coronavirus in Australia had pre-existing conditions such as hypertension, dementia and diabetes.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday released data looking at coronavirus deaths until the end of May, when 89 people had died.

The statistics show there were more male than female deaths, in line with international data.

Not sure why you are bothering Kranky, it isn't going to pay attention or care.

So they should be doing something about people's eating options and encouraging them to get outdoors/ gym to exercise.
Definitely.

Tax sugary soft drinks? More public spaces? Better housing? Better education?

Definitely.

Tax sugary soft drinks? More public spaces? Better housing? Better education?

Individual responsibility. Fat being unhealthy is not a new phenomenon.

Obese not only put themselves at risk for all sorts of reasons of dying young but they cost the country a shit load.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my point is the media has scared the Australian population so bad over something thats not much worse than the common cold and yet we have absolutely f’ed ourselves for the next 10-15 years and destroyed the economy
the common cold doesn't have a mortality rate of 5%.
If a section of society (if the hat fits) took this virus more seriously we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

Yeah it is puzzling. There certainly seems to be an understanding that COVID is highly infectious and they dont want it in their state. But then they are taking in international students who are apparently being quarantined in Mt Gambier. The seems an unnecessary risk given as you said majority of deaths in Vic are traced back to two people and 99% of Australia's Covid cases have been from quarantined international arrivals.

Its also somewhat hypocritical, considering noone from Vic can enter SA currently, not even people who live in Vic but often have to travel into SA for work, and vice versa.

The states would want to be careful with their rhetoric towards Vic and draconian announcements of 'indefinite' border closures - its becoming sanctimonious and tiresome.

Getting Aus going again economically is best addressed by States with borders closed.
By now we should be able to run a quarantine & international students are more likely be less entitled/more responsible (e.g the Aussies returning from Wuhan thru Christmas Island).
Good on SA for trying to move forward when the rest of us dont know where we are going.

Individual responsibility. Fat being unhealthy is not a new phenomenon.

Obese not only put themselves at risk for all sorts of reasons of dying young but they cost the country a sh*t load.
What about reality?

There are plenty of studies showing poor, overworked, under educated etc people have worse health outcomes, costing society but also hurting their families.

Every man for himself attitude does more harm than good.

If a section of society (if the hat fits) took this virus more seriously we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

You mean that section in the North West of Melbourne who are spreading it like wild fire?

Careful, someone will accuse you of racism soon.

What about reality?

There are plenty of studies showing poor, overworked, under educated etc people have worse health outcomes, costing society but also hurting their families.

Every man for himself attitude does more harm than good.

Yeah sure, making excuses and blaming others for your short comings leads to much better outcomes.

let me dumb it down further for you

18,460 people have recovered from covid
485 didn't

3%
Its funny how all you idiots are looking at numbers of recoveries and deaths whilst we are all under some of the harshest restrictions, social distancing, lockdowns this planet has ever seen.. Have you ever stopped and thought what those numbers may look like if we wernt?

Even in stage 3 we were averaging close to 50 or 60 covid admissions a day alone under these measures.

Hospitals are almost breaching year in year out anyway without covid.. This isn't just about death's this is about being able to have a sustainable Healthcare system. ICU would be breaching in the matter of weeks without restrictions that's a absolute fact. It wouldn't be just covid deaths you'd be seeing it would be people that are under the curve - chronic illnesses, acute illnesses, trauma patients that would all die because they wouldn't be able to get a bed not to mention our aged care sector being completely decimated.

I've been a registered nurse for a decade but surely you don't need to be that experienced or educated in healthcare to have a light bulb moment like this? Surely?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back