Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

You got shown up and proven wrong. Be better than young Reid! Own up to your error and try and improve for next time.

Mate, in the same way paying taxes doesn't mean you get to order Police around or yell at your child's teacher. Paying a membership doesn't mean all of a sudden you pay a player salary. So juvenile

Are you always so autistically literate?

I believe the word you’re looking for is literal.

If you’re a club member, you are contributing to player salaries, the same as if you’re a tax payer you are contributing to solider salaries. Doesn’t mean you get to coach the players, doesn’t mean you get to order soldiers around, but if you claim otherwise you’re just wrong. No need to bristle at it being pointed out to you.

I believe the word you’re looking for is literal.

If you’re a club member, you are contributing to player salaries, the same as if you’re a tax payer you are contributing to solider salaries. Doesn’t mean you get to coach the players, doesn’t mean you get to order soldiers around, but if you claim otherwise you’re just wrong. No need to bristle at it being pointed out to you.

Quite obviously. My vocabulary is fine - well done for resorting to such juvenile responses. This is the internet where phones finish words and I didn't check it thoroughly enough.

The portion is so ridiculously small it's not worth mentioning. The whole point is so goddamn juvenile that isn't worth responding. Broken bloody record.

Quite obviously. My vocabulary is fine - well done for resorting to such juvenile responses. This is the internet where phones finish words and I didn't check it thoroughly enough.

The portion is so ridiculously small it's not worth mentioning. The whole point is so goddamn juvenile that isn't worth responding. Broken bloody record.

If you’re going to insult someone, you wanna get that shit right.

You’re the one who brought up the topic of your contribution in cents, no one else. Sorry it didn’t turn out how you thought it might.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you’re going to insult someone, you wanna get that sh*t right.

You’re the one who brought up the topic of your contribution in cents, no one else. Sorry it didn’t turn out how you thought it might.

You knew my intent, you would know how phones work and I'm sorry you may not know that being gainfully employed means you might not have unlimited time to proofread everything you write ever. Enjoy the boost to your welfare whilst it lasts.

You knew my intent, you would know how phones work and I'm sorry you may not know that being gainfully employed means you might not have unlimited time to proofread everything you write ever. Enjoy the boost to your welfare whilst it lasts.
Get out of here while you still can. So many Carlton supporters in here it should be on the Carlton board. /s

Wait so Kennedy plays one half decent game at the age of 23 and now he’s not a bust? Looked better as a forward last year but don’t think that’s a long term option. If he’s one of your starting over the next few years you will struggle big time
Why we are happy with him is that he's got much fitter, worked hard and fought back into the team by a couple of bog's in the 2nds scratch matches and then played well when elevated. That's what you want to see as a supporter

Rationalising your insecurity with fantasy has nothing to do with me or reality. You do realise that right?

It seriously shits me this talk of average age. Simpson and Betts alone being in the side skews the age bracket to the higher end. And who cares about the average age? We have so much young talent coming through plus the kids on the list currently playing in the side that we actually need the older players to help them out. I'm sure we all remember when the dees a few years ago into their rebuild went FAR too young. Getting smashed week in, week out. fu**, we were the same a few years ago as well. You cannot possibly have every player under 25 on your list. It just doesn't work. We have the likes of Marchbank, Charlie, JSOS, Fisher, Dow, O'Brien plus the young kid we picked up 1st last year (his name escapes me) and Philp all waiting in the wings. I have no worries in regards to bringing in youth to cover for anyone on the list.
Also, the players we have on our list haven't played together as a whole for as long as the doggies players have. Bringing in Betts, McG, Newnes, Martin and Pittonet (almost a quarter of the team on game day) who have played approx 6 games together playing so well is a testament to the coaching abilities of our coach (who is also under 20 games total as senior coach) and the playing list. I'm not getting ahead of ourselves- we still have a LONG way to go. But just remember where we were in 2018. Dead last. Poor %. Laughed at by all and sundry. Looked hopeless. Come 2019 we improved greatly upon that with the help of more senior players in the team and a coach who allowed the freedom for the players to play a more natural, free flowing and attacking game. 2020 has shown that with a healthy mix of age and talent we can match it with the best.

Arithmetic mean as a descriptor of central tendency is almost meaningless in a football team context.

Arithmetic mean as a descriptor of central tendency is almost meaningless in a football team context.
If you assume players retire or slow down at 30, then a fairer picture would be to make each player 30+ count as 30 towards the average.

That way the Burgoynes, Kades and Garys dont skew the numbers.

Dustin Fletcher and Boomer too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Carlton be a serious contender in this random season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back