Could the REAL Saints supporters please stand up?

Remove this Banner Ad

You ever been in a 44 year Premiership Drought?

No?

Then you don't.

I suspect Copeland was referring to losing consecutive GFs, which we have done before as well. It hurts like a bastard.

If you want to get technical, the drought before your first flag was longer than 44 years....sometimes footy can suck.
Saints will still be a force with guns like roo and Goddard running around. Not much development needed to go a step further.

I've got five older siblings plus a mum and dad. That's seven people who follow other teams and had the oppurtunity to steer me toward a different club. Yet when my old man took me to my first VFL game in 1976 at Moorabbin I was a Saint from that day on.

One thing Saints supporters should become better at though is to be more demanding. For some near enough is good enough.

If there's one thing Maslthouse does better than Ross it is giving his youngsters a go. Ross, this group have now had three shots at it and we haven't got the job done. Do the trades that are required and play the bloody kids.

I love the St.Kilda Foootball Club. That is REAL.

Definitely need to give some of our talented youngsters more of a go. Geary, Steven, Stanley, Armitage (if he stays) should all be regulars next year.

Can't wait to see the Stanley Knife next year after another pre-season in the gym, he will be unstoppable.

yesterday nobody cept goddard turned up... evident from the first attempt at goal

everyone just seemed happy to be there.... and 1 goal 8 in a half of footy.. especially when over all youve probably had the better of the half(bar scoring)

and its over in anyones books couldve easily been 7 goals 2 behinds with how easy most the shots were... roo twice under what shouldve been no pressure... gilbert 3 times in pretty easy circumstances schnieder after the siren... milne dropping a bread and butter mark infront of goal

we killed ourselves early then collingwood finished the job

but in saying that ill buy my membership again.. watch every game cheer when we win... be sad but optimistic when we lose and ride the coaster again

this squad has the ability to win the flag (shown by 09gf and gf1 this year)
but its window will be shutting fast now as we start to age(in 06-07 our team was stilll young just needed guidance) and with up and coming teams

ie freo melbourne richmond etc.

No doubt yesterday was bitterly disappointing. We're not all here angry because we were expecting a flag, its just disappointment for the players and the long suffering fans. Everyone is extremely proud of the boys for giving 2 of the best grand finals ever seen, but to go out like that yesterday hurt more than any other loss. And I only say that because we all know what this group is capable of, we all know that players like Riewoldt, Goddard and Hayes deserve to have premiership medals around their necks.

Would also like to say to Brendan Goddard you have well and truly announced yourself as close to the best player in the league. When everyone was missing yesterday you weren't. And what stood out the most to me was how BJ is made of some seriously good shit. He has shown as much heart, determination and pride for our jumper as I have ever seen.

Make no mistake, I am as upset and disappointed as anyone, because we all wanted it so bad and know that we are capable. The boys played this season through all sorts of adversity and have given 2 of the best grand finals ever seen. This isn't the end, they will fight with everything they have and I will be there again next year through every game supporting the club I love. And when we aren't up the top, just like 99-03 and other tough times, I will still be there through every game.

Devastation is still fresh, but I still wore my Saints jumper to the shops this morning (with a massive hangover). GO SAINTS!!!

Obviously it is disappointing for us as supporters but what really upsets me the most is that our players deserve to be premiership players, particularly the likes of Hayes, Goddard, Riewoldt and Fisher, along with all our other long serving players.

To see tools like Didak and Harry O'Brien, who were pathetic last week when the heat was on and only played well when they got on top yesterday, with premiership medals around their necks, while champions like Hayes and Goddard miss out, just makes me sick.

I can only hope the players have it in them to rebound from this and win the premiership they deserve.

Im a sainter, rain hail or shine

We lost the grand final...so what? Do you guys remember the 80s when we were barely off the bottom, think back to those days and then look at making the last 2 grand finals as an achievement and not a failure

FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS

Carn the saints for 2011

I suspect Copeland was referring to losing consecutive GFs, which we have done before as well. It hurts like a bastard.

If you want to get technical, the drought before your first flag was longer than 44 years....sometimes footy can suck.
Saints will still be a force with guns like roo and Goddard running around. Not much development needed to go a step further.

Losing back to back Grand Finals suck.

Losing them when you have 1 Premiership hurts more.

Losing a Grand Final isn't the worst thing you will, and probably have already experienced as a Saints supporter.

Those who are saying they're done will be back by round 1 next year anyway.

Im sticking by the boys and the supporters. I want to feel what it's like to one day win this illusive premiership as a real supporter not a bandwagoner.

Im not going anywhere! We will have our time, but only if we stick by the club. Nothing worse than effing bandwagoners who jump off when things dont go our way, but invariably come crawling back when things are looking up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more proud of the boys then I am disappointed. Yeah its always disappointing and shattering when you lose a grand final, but we could have quite easily thrown in the towel when it got tough this season, but we battled it out and it took the best side in the competition 8 quarters to beat us. I'll sign up as a member again, I'll be back, BRING ON 2011. GO SAINTS!

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone

I would love to hear an MCG full of st. Kilda supporter's sing this.

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
You'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone

I would love to hear an MCG full of st. Kilda supporter's sing this.
why - it is not Anfield!

I love the St Kilda Football Club and will always be Red White 'n' Black.
I'd mostly like to see the club grow but sadly it seems our supporter base has gotten weaker after every stadium move (Moorabin to Waverly to Docklands)... or maybe we're just softer cause we been winning.
I know our supporters don't go to the 'G' in the H&A anymore... too comfortable with the controlled indoors of the dome, it's embarrasing as a Melbourne club!

Part of me tends to believe we are cursed in some way, we have had great players and teams over the last 20 years... a part of me believes if we were wearing Carlton or Essendon jumpers we would have 3-5 premierships... 91, 92, 97, 04, 05, 09, 10 all opportunites wasted.
We have been premiership favourites at some stage of a season more times then any other club since 97 (97, 98, 99 after we knocked of Essendon, 04, 05, 06 opened as favourites, 09 and 10).
Thats 8 seasons where we were considered the most likely to win the flag and not once have we converted.

We need a priest or some New Orleans Voodoo healer to cleanse the place... we don't have much luck, take a look at all the odd bounces that went Collingwoods way throughout the finals, from Browns Goal against the Cats to The bounce that dodged Milne.

I have supported our club for over 40 years, was there in the 80's week after week, my family paid the club money so our club would not die as it means so much to us.
But yesterday after the game, i took my saints gear off in shame and disappointment, which i have never done before.
I just expected us to show some heart and not be made to look second rate.
As has been said previously it hurts more when i watched the scums down hill skiers with medals, when i have watched our boys show real heart and get nothing.

Obviously it is disappointing for us as supporters but what really upsets me the most is that our players deserve to be premiership players, particularly the likes of Hayes, Goddard, Riewoldt and Fisher, along with all our other long serving players.

To see tools like Didak and Harry O'Brien, who were pathetic last week when the heat was on and only played well when they got on top yesterday, with premiership medals around their necks, while champions like Hayes and Goddard miss out, just makes me sick.

I can only hope the players have it in them to rebound from this and win the premiership they deserve.

What a pity it's not an individual sport then Plugger... Maybe Hayes and Goddard would have medals around their necks!

Just gotta ask as well fellas... Anyone heard from Jeff or The Fireman lately? Would love to have a chat... :thumbsu:

Just gotta ask as well fellas... Anyone heard from Jeff or The Fireman lately? Would love to have a chat... :thumbsu:

They don't even post here.

They don't even post here.

Just save all their bullshit for the main thread do they? Ahh well.. Guess we won't be seeing them for a while.

Bad luck for yesterday guys. I know how had it was for me in 02 and 03 so I know how you feel. Good luck for next year. :thumbsu:

my wife and i , got to sit among the saints cheer sqaud yesterday.i can not speak more highly of the people we met.thank you guys, you were fantastic.

may i ask how you got there?

im part of the cheersquad and you are right there are some really nice people in there. the minority of the cheersquad who cheered all day even though he were getting spanked must have impressed you as most team would just shutn up.

Live in the Moorabbin area, was surprised but heartened to see a fair few still wearing their colours out and about today - great stuff.

Reckon this will burn more than last year for the players, so you'll be back there next year - no doubt. :thumbsu:

That was a pea-hearted effort. I'll be very disappointed if they don't bring some youth into the side next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the REAL Saints supporters please stand up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back