Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually pretty poor from both of them - especially considering they are meant to be leaders of the club (Sloane in an offical capacity).

For the club Captain, who has been injured all year, to not bother attending a preliminary final is really poor form. He's the CLUB Captain, not the Captain of the AFL team only.
He should be there supporting the young kids. He should be encouraging and engaged.

It's actually terrible.
Used to see Tex at the SANFL games all the time, so I won't judge him there. Never seen Sloane at a SANFL game, may just be he wants to spend time with his family when he can. Never saw VB at the games either.

sloane is captain of mens team only not the club

he is not captain of the womens nor the sanfl team

once upon a time captain of the club might have meant something but it doesnt in todays context
Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way.
In terms of the Women's program, sure. But the SANFL? They are his teammates. Yes he's not SANFL Captain, but I still think he is obligated to be there.

Maybe I'm just a fossil and it doesn't work that way anymore.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way.
In terms of the Women's program, sure. But the SANFL? They are his teammates. Yes he's not SANFL Captain, but I still think he is obligated to be there.

Maybe I'm just a fossil and it doesn't work that way anymore.
i would have liked to see him there too but I guess they are on their break before big pre season

Good read?

I gather there wasn't much on the camp that we didn't already know.
It was a difficult listen - would have been better if he’d narrated it himself. He clearly wrote it (don’t think there was a shadow writer, the language was pretty naive). Loved hearing his childhood memories. Hated hearing the ongoing racism that has plagued him. Disappointed by the Crows decision to not let him go public with said racism - particularly before Indigenous round. Clearly loved both our Club and Carlton. I struggled a little bit with the portrayal of “saint Eddie”, because I’m pretty sure he was a bit more of a ratbag, but this was underplayed. The camp was interesting. Certainly some aspects were shitty (the repeating of information disclosed confidentially to “councillors ” was unforgivable), but not one of them (staff OR players) put a stop to it. It wasn’t until afterwards that Eddie (and Anna) started to really question what had happened. After speaking with the brothers, Eddie decided that none of the indigenous boys would take any further part in the Collective Mind program. Three weeks later he wasn’t voted back into the leadership group and this crushed him. Now I can see both sides here - you can’t be a leader if you refuse to participate in something the rest of the team is doing. On the other hand I can see why they wanted nothing more to do with the bozos at CM!

Used to see Tex at the SANFL games all the time, so I won't judge him there. Never seen Sloane at a SANFL game, may just be he wants to spend time with his family when he can. Never saw VB at the games either.
Belinda is pregnant again too, so this could have had a bearing on their holiday opportunities?

Actually pretty poor from both of them - especially considering they are meant to be leaders of the club (Sloane in an offical capacity).

For the club Captain, who has been injured all year, to not bother attending a preliminary final is really poor form. He's the CLUB Captain, not the Captain of the AFL team only.
He should be there supporting the young kids. He should be encouraging and engaged.

It's actually terrible.

It's actually a distinction that they make to excuse overtly poor performing in a footy sense captains. They tell us it's not just game day, 95% of the captain's job is behind the scenes. Anybody that thought Sloane was anything more than an admin shill after his 'better father.......' bullshit should have realised the truth when it came out he was parroting CM's spiel. Not offering up the captaincy when it's obvious he's done is another and now there's this. It's just who he is, he's 100% about himself as soon as there's an element of self-sacrifice involved.

Tex doesn't bother me, he's not an official leader, is on year to year deals and is doing more than enough. Sloane skates buy on less than the minimum because he's a pure suckarse and was a golden boy. It's no surprise our team culture hit the toilet under his stewardship, he tries to please everyone, which isn't possible. But he does it because he doesn't want to risk losing his stature in the admin side of the enterprise.

Hird puts him name up for the Essendon job. What a shambles.
So predictable after Sheedy speech.

Get on Essendon for spoon next year as they self destruct.

What other club would welcome back someone who conducted an illegal drug program...

It's actually terrible.

Nonsense.

Just ridiculous nitpicking

After speaking with the brothers, Eddie decided that none of the indigenous boys would take any further part in the Collective Mind program. Three weeks later he wasn’t voted back into the leadership group and this crushed him.

That would certainly be a valid reason to stand him down as a leader. Though I suspect that leadership is not something that came naturally to him, it doesn’t for many people.

You can’t cause separation in a group, take a stand against common goals, and expect to retain such a post.

That he didn’t see that angle is perhaps what marks him out as not a leadership natural

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird's in the running because literally no-one wants to coach Essendon.

I'm surprised Sheedy wasn't talked into applying to be honest.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Bit of the chicken and the egg here, no one is interested because it's been obvious that Sheedy had been angling for Hird for a while.

Bit of the chicken and the egg here, no one is interested because it's been obvious that Sheedy had been angling for Hird for a while.
When a singular voice has more volume than many it can only end badly

We should know

Always knew John Lennon was a good bloke

FcqEfbYWYAEVnUA

Though why George has the rugby top on??

That would certainly be a valid reason to stand him down as a leader. Though I suspect that leadership is not something that came naturally to him, it doesn’t for many people.

You can’t cause separation in a group, take a stand against common goals, and expect to retain such a post.

That he didn’t see that angle is perhaps what marks him out as not a leadership natural

I view what he did as astounding leadership in the face of heavy opposition. Eddie v the better father, husband……. Sloane. I guess you could call Sloane’s parroting of CM marketing spiel on behalf of admin a form of leadership. But I’ll take Eddie as the better leader everyday.

I view what he did as astounding leadership in the face of heavy opposition. Eddie v the better father, husband……. Sloane. I guess you could call Sloane’s parroting of CM marketing spiel on behalf of admin a form of leadership. But I’ll take Eddie as the better leader everyday.

The playing group didn’t. They were the ones who voted him out

Yeah, but I think that was the “mob mentality” - your either with us or against us type thing. I think he was brave for standing up to the idiots.

well, yeah, a key part of leadership is being with your team, not against them.

The men who he was supposed to be leading didn’t find him very leader-y.

That’s all we know

Eddie left with few friends in Adelaide. Same with JJ. What does that tell you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back