Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not making the finals for the first time in six years has really brought these out early this season, so rather than having a new thread every time someone hears/makes up a trade rumour, they should all be posted in this thread.

Some ground rules:

1) Every trade rumour should go here. Any trade-related hearsay, including radio accouncements, will be considered a rumour until there is something written in printed media, or on the AFL website. Posting rumours outside of this thread may result in an infraction.
2) Non-Crows supporters are invited to post rumours, but you must spell out up-front whether the rumour has a particular source or if it's just coming from the recesses of your mind. Repeatedly offering up ridiculous trade suggestions will be met with an infraction.
3) Please do not use this thread as a place to suggest fifty different possible trade options. Preferably, it will be used for actual rumours rather than suggestions, but the occasional suggested trade is alright.
4) Feel free to discuss rumours raised in the thread in as much detail as you like, but please try to leave the "ironic terrible trade" joke posts out, as they add nothing and drown out actual discussion.

I'll reiterate the rumour I heard Tuesday.

Walker is not enjoying his time at the club. He and his family keen to see him stay in Adelaide.

Walker to the Power.

Source: work colleague heard it from his brother who is mates with Walker's old man.

Challenged him again yesterday on whehter he was just pulling my leg or was seriously passing on what he thought was true. He confirmed he obviously doesn't know for sure but that he does believe Walker isn't happy at the Crows but would like to stay in Adelaide based on conversations with the above sources.

Personally - can't see it happening but worth a post.

Yep, Taylor a big Crow fan.. Seems crazy (not simply cos of that).. Still young, be surprised he makes a decision like that so quickly based on not being a best 22 lock yet..

IF it's true, IF, he must be having the flair restricted is the only reason you'd think :confused:

Eh, hate this time of year.. 99.9% is rubbish but that 0.1% slips through that you doubted all along but was true lol

I don't believe this one will happen.. Next year he will secure the spot and be loving it i think..

Wasn't Walker a strong Crows supporter growing up? Surely he'd hate the Power as much as any other Crows supporter?

Probably a bit different once you actually get inside the systems mate. Can't really hang your hat too much on your favourite club growing up - you're very lucky if you get there and will need to 'move on' in your new environment.

Also - if the rumours are true he hates the environment at the Crows *shrugs* I don't find it hard to believe you grow and mature through that to lose 'bias' against any particular club when you have other factors at play.

hey look - I hope its totally wrong - and suspect it is - just reporting the 'rumour'.

Yeah, no problem man, just putting in my two cents is all :) Walker is a bit of an exception to the normal rules of the system because he was able to pick and choose which club he wanted to go to courtesy of the NSW Scholarship Program, so he never had to go through the process of mentally preparing himself to go wherever he's drafted and try to make a name for himself there. Still, as you say, now that he's been in the system for almost three years, it could certainly change. I'm reminded of the fact that Scott Thompson loved Port and hated the Crows shortly before he decided to come here.

For what it's worth, I heard as recently as midway through the year that Walker loved the environment at the club. Haven't heard since around round 12ish or so though so perhaps it's changed since he got dropped again?

Your sources stabby? (because I want to believe!)

Yes, I should probably follow my own rules :eek:

One of the support staff at the Crows. He's often pretty negative about the club but has always said how most of the young guys enjoy working with Craigy. Said Walker is a loudmouth but a hard worker and loves the system, or something to that effect.

Mind you, he also told me in 2008 that it would be Goodwin's last season so take it with a grain of salt :eek:

Cheers for the info mate.

Walker did seem to enjoy the pre-season stuff I got along to. Especially when he got to trade elbows with Goody - LOVED that.

Let's see how it unfold - no doubt he's probably more annoyed than at the start of the season given recent events.

These Walker rumours are typically started by those so far removed from not only the Adelaide Football Club, but how any football club works.

These Walker rumours are typically started by those so far removed from not only the Adelaide Football Club, but how any football club works.

The problem is that people often assume that any kind of dissatisfaction means a footballer will immediately pick up and leave. I haven't always been happy with my place of work, and at times outright furious at the decisions of those in charge, but it doesn't mean I'm just going to move away. There are plenty of other factors to consider - your relationships with your current workmates, the promise offered by your other opportunities, the stress involved with having to uproot yourself and move out of your comfort zone, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that people often assume that any kind of dissatisfaction means a footballer will immediately pick up and leave. I haven't always been happy with my place of work, and at times outright furious at the decisions of those in charge, but it doesn't mean I'm just going to move away. There are plenty of other factors to consider - your relationships with your current workmates, the promise offered by your other opportunities, the stress involved with having to uproot yourself and move out of your comfort zone, etc.
Generally it takes a lot for a player to move clubs, Bock's offer for example was just too great an offer to refuse, if it wasn't for the GC concession then I have no doubt he would be playing for us next year. But that's how it goes these days I guess. Walker is only 20 and I think no player should think they deserve a walk up start into a sides best 22 even if they are. It will take more than getting dropped at the end of the year for Walker to suddenly request a trade. If he does actually request a trade then it will be for more than just getting dropped, there would have to be a bigger underlying reason for it.

Which is why I'm sure he will stay.

That, and in any work place or football clubs disagreements frequently happen, and are resolved within 15 minutes.

The fiction that people are creating where football clubs are permanent happy places without momentary friction and disunity is absurd.

Every club in the competition would go through things like this on a monthly basis!

Since he is under contract the crows wont trade him unless they get an offer to good to refuse, however walker would still have to agree to it.

Ive heard many times Griffin wants out. I dont have a source except with whats been floating around different forums. He did the same thing last year. I think he is just wanting to the crows to committ to him. I dont think he wants to go but he wants opportunity and wants to give the crows an option to trade him.

If I was the crows with Moran and Sellar still on the list I would possible ask Griff to see if he is keen on the Gold Coast. see if they can snare one of coasters many first round picks. They may be keen to trade highly for a ruckman if they cant snare one through the concessions.

Since he is under contract the crows wont trade him unless they get an offer to good to refuse, however walker would still have to agree to it.

Ive heard many times Griffin wants out. I dont have a source except with whats been floating around different forums. He did the same thing last year. I think he is just wanting to the crows to committ to him. I dont think he wants to go but he wants opportunity and wants to give the crows an option to trade him.

If I was the crows with Moran and Sellar still on the list I would possible ask Griff to see if he is keen on the Gold Coast. see if they can snare one of coasters many first round picks. They may be keen to trade highly for a ruckman if they cant snare one through the concessions.

First rounder for griff... dreaming!

Besides, hes out of contract, could walk for free.... AND we dont want the GC claiming him as the uncontracted player- then Bock goes via the psd and we get compo on a shithouse ruckman.

So lets keep this thread on topic and perhaps off Taylor Walker.

So Jamo came on the ABC and mentioned he has been told by his Richmond Recruiting officer friend (i think this is correct, anyone who listens to ABC can verify) that Knights is a monty to be back in Melbourne and Griffen is a monty to be at Adelaide.

from memory he didn't mention draft picks.

So lets keep this thread on topic and perhaps off Taylor Walker.

So Jamo came on the ABC and mentioned he has been told by his Richmond Recruiting officer friend (i think this is correct, anyone who listens to ABC can verify) that Knights is a monty to be back in Melbourne and Griffen is a monty to be at Adelaide.

from memory he didn't mention draft picks.

There's definitely plenty of noise about Knights going to a vic club but i doubt it will be for Griffen, i'll quote a person involved in griffen-wbd negotiations "the deal will get done"

I think if Knights goes to WBD you would be looking at:
Minson, Everitt but that's pure speculation.

Walker going to power every crows supporters worst ****ing nightmare

Will boycott every home game if he ever left

I think I would actually change my allegiances to support the GC as my first team if this were to happen. :eek:

They've already got a number of 200cm+ blokes on their list, Zac Smith (I think his name is) who I watched last time I was up on the Coast looks like a deadset gun. Massive leap, 204cm tall, moves really well etc. They may look at Griff, but I doubt they'd pay very much for him.

There's definitely plenty of noise about Knights going to a vic club but i doubt it will be for Griffen, i'll quote a person involved in griffen-wbd negotiations "the deal will get done"

I think if Knights goes to WBD you would be looking at:
Minson, Everitt but that's pure speculation.

Pretty sure I heard the Crows say that about Bocky, don't believe anything until the pen has left the paper.

I've heard a couple of rumours over the weekend... The first being of a trade involving us, Freo and the Bulldogs. Basically Griffin to Freo for a draft pick and that draft pick and Knights to the Dogs.

The other one is that Moran won't be on the list next year as he doesn't think his knee is up to footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back