Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Edwards

Surpised this has not been discussed more. Is starting to show good signs as a mid for Richmond, accuumlating possessions and generally using it well. AFC was keen on him prior to being drafted.

Hurn is the most obvious early trade favourite in my opinion. Very strong ties to home, would be an asset, but not sure how we work this without losing pick 12.

Djekurra would be worth a look too.

This one has probably been mentioned, but I've heard it a few times, it is Knights for Angus Monfries.

I'd prob consider that and if Knights is gonna walk anyway we may as well take what we can get. If we lose a player of Knights quality for nothing I will be fuming

If Richmond end up with pick 8, thats what they would probably need to part with to get Knighta if he decided thats where he wanted to play.
Surely one pick isn't enough for Knighta? If it was top 5, then definetley, but pick 8 can be a bit hit and miss at times (Meesen.....:eek:).

Just listening to Knights on 10 news then, I can't see him leaving. Unlike Bock, this guy doesn't seem to mess around, and said he is in negotiations for a new 2 year deal, hoping to be finalised soon. If he had just sprouted off the token line 'I want to remain a one club player etc etc', I'd be a little more worried, but to be specific about the contract length makes me think Knighta is staying put.:thumbsu:

Just listening to Knights on 10 news then, I can't see him leaving. Unlike Bock, this guy doesn't seem to mess around, and said he is in negotiations for a new 2 year deal, hoping to be finalised soon. If he had just sprouted off the token line 'I want to remain a one club player etc etc', I'd be a little more worried, but to be specific about the contract length makes me think Knighta is staying put.:thumbsu:
Tend to agree...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the sounds of it we are chasing Pav again. Reported tonight on 10 news that we have been in discussion with his management. Triggy met his manager personally, so sounds like we are ready to have a big crack at him.

don't the players choose the captain? the club can't promise anything in terms of captaincy, especially when the current players haven't even played football with him yet.

Players put forward a recommendation of their preferred captain to the club to be approved not exactly choosing the captain themselves, having said this I reckon it would be very dangerous for any club to attach the captaincy to recruitment plans.

By the sounds of it we are chasing Pav again. Reported tonight on 10 news that we have been in discussion with his management. Triggy met his manager personally, so sounds like we are ready to have a big crack at him.
As much as I would love to have Pavlich play for the Crows I cannot see why we would want to be chasing him now with Tippett and Walker on our list along with the rest of our forward line.

To be honest i'd be disappointed giving up players and high draft picks to recruit Pav. We dont need him anymore, our forward line is looking its most promising potential wise in our history. He is reaching the twilight of his career and we need young, fast gun midfielders.

Tippett to the Ruck ;)
It seems there is a solution to everything. :D

Tippett sorts out our ruck problems.
Walker gets his main position at FF.
We gain a AA CHF who can play further up the ground if required + bonus leadership qualities.

It's a win/win/win situation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back