Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would love to have Pavlich play for the Crows I cannot see why we would want to be chasing him now with Tippett and Walker on our list along with the rest of our forward line.

I was actually thinking Pav to play midfield or as stated Tippo to ruck and Pav to forward line. Or Tippo to ruck, Davis to CHF and Pav to CHB. The options are endless with Pav :)

Just listening to Knights on 10 news then, I can't see him leaving. Unlike Bock, this guy doesn't seem to mess around, and said he is in negotiations for a new 2 year deal, hoping to be finalised soon. If he had just sprouted off the token line 'I want to remain a one club player etc etc', I'd be a little more worried, but to be specific about the contract length makes me think Knighta is staying put.:thumbsu:

I hope that's the case. As much as it would be nice to land a big fish, I don't think we'd get close to market value for Knights right now and he is so good when on-song it'd be a tragedy to see him flourish elsewhere.

I was actually thinking Pav to play midfield or as stated Tippo to ruck and Pav to forward line. Or Tippo to ruck, Davis to CHF and Pav to CHB. The options are endless with Pav :)

And who knows, if he does decide to come home we could also have a Assistant coach in the waiting when his playing days come to an end....I can see many benefits of getting Pav home...:thumbsu:

No so much of a trade rumour, but considering our ruck stocks I would throw Josh Fraser a lifeline, if we could snare him from Collingwood relatively cheap then he would most probably be worth the gamble IMO.
I am not big on Fraser but at least he can play another position unlike Griffin and Maric which would be a semi bonus.

When is trade week? On a side note, I played indoor cricket against Fraser a while ago, and he is a great guy. Would fit in well. Rubbish cricketer though.

I just wonder if there is any point. Is he going to be around for our next flag? Will he fill a need?

Related question: don't suppose James Craig has grown this year?

Nah, he is a waste of space, rather play a younger waste of space.

He is markedly better than our current ruck stocks. Sellar is an absolute lost cause, we now have no Griffin and who knows what is happening with McKernan. We essentially have Maric and possibly Moran and that's about it.

I am not saying to sell the farm for him, but if we trade Griff for a draft pick maybe see what sort of price Collingwood would want for him and if we can get him cheap enough do the deal.

I just wonder if there is any point. Is he going to be around for our next flag? Will he fill a need?

He wont be there with our next flag, but we have no project ruckman on our list and while we are developing younger ruck strocks over the next couple of years someone experienced like Fraser would be a good stop gap to possibly help our younger midlfield

Just a thought, I heard the Lions will be letting Troy Selwood go, is this true? would it be worth throwing him a lifeline in the PSD? It would be nice to have a selwood on the list.

Just a thought, I heard the Lions will be letting Troy Selwood go, is this true? would it be worth throwing him a lifeline in the PSD? It would be nice to have a selwood on the list.

No. Offers us nothing we need aside from experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Jamie Charman? For memory when Brisbane tried to get Tippett off us a few seasons ago they offered us Charman for him?

Brisbane now have Leuenberger and Clark as their main ruck and with Fevola and Brown as key forward it does not leave much room for Clark to play as a forward. Considering Charman has had a few injury problems over the past couple of seasons I am not sure if he would be very high up in the list in terms of getting a position in the side. This means we should be able to get him much cheaper then I think we would be able to get compared to the likes of Fraser. In the past few seasons that they have both played the majority of games Charman has averaged about 4 odd hitouts more a game then Fraser but Fraser has about 4-5 more touches per game. They are both born in the same year so there is not much difference in age but I guess the real question is will they bring much more to the side then what Maric currently is? Or would getting one of these two because of the fact that we will be losing Griffin and possibly Moran which leaves us very low in ruck stocks.

I like charman, just not sure on his durability though. Worth looking into IMO

If Josh Fraser is the answer, then you're asking the wrong question. Do NOT want. :thumbsdown:

There is no answer, but now without Griffin we need another AFL ready ruckman especially to try and help our midfield development until we are able to develop another ruckman.

With Griff gone ruck stocks would be close to the worst in the AFL and if anyone really thinks that James Sellar is the future as far as our ruck division goes I would be really worried.

throwing a lifeline to a ruckman who will be 29 years old at the beginning of next year?
so, we'll get a couple years from him. i just don't see the worth in it.

our ruck stocks with Griffin/Maric were already the worst. with the loss of Griff, i don't see it getting any worse than it was before. IMO, having Maric on his own (with a backup ruck in Sellar/McKernan) puts more responsibility on Maric to perform, which is a good thing. what we need now is for that backup ruckman (Sellar/McKernan) to step up and actually do something around the ground worthy of calling them a backup ruck. we could not have continued with Griffin/Maric as our ruck combo next year.

No so much of a trade rumour, but considering our ruck stocks I would throw Josh Fraser a lifeline, if we could snare him from Collingwood relatively cheap then he would most probably be worth the gamble IMO.

no way, the reason why the Pies recruited Jolly was because they ranked last for hit outs for 3 straight season

adding another struggling ruckman is not the answer

David Noble on 5AA this morning indicated that the crows will primarily target midfielders in trade week.

Can I suggest a trade out of the box. Gibbs. He had an ordinary year and there was media pressure on carlton to drop him. He may be a little disgruntled and just maybe carlton might want to do some trading of their own and might want to free up some salary cap space to try and snare a big forward.

I doubt this will happen but I wouldnt say its impossible.

Spoke to Steven Trigg after the game in the crows shed last night. I asked him about Ryan Griffen. He said they'll try move 'half the world' to get him but it's very hard. He confirmed Griffen said he doesnt want to come :(

Hopefully he gets influenced by the $$$ or starts to warm to the idea.

Spoke to Steven Trigg after the game in the crows shed last night. I asked him about Ryan Griffen. He said they'll try move 'half the world' to get him but it's very hard. He confirmed Griffen said he doesnt want to come :(

Hopefully he gets influenced by the $$$ or starts to warm to the idea.
Let's hope a limp wristed straight sets exit from the Bulldogs helps him make up his mind

Would love to get Gibbs. Carlton's tall defenders are in a bit of trouble, so he's been playing back there to add a bit of height to the equation. I think he's still contracted though, but you never know.

Anything else of note in the interview?

Ruck situation?

Knights?

Captains?

Goalkicking woes?

Amount of draft picks we're after?

Cheers!

Said nothing about the rucks, except Griffen may stay but he may not have known exactly what trigg said.

Suggested Knights will stay but didnt indicate anything with trade week.

Captains, no

Draft Picks, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back