Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that we've offered Griffen 120K more than the doggies, but it's yet to be confirmed where this source came from....

Vader, Griffin for Kerr? Even an injured Kerr.... we'd be charged with rape.

I think Griffin and our 3rd for their 2nd would be great.

Who knows though...

Kerr is an interesting one on past performance you'd immediately say yes, but problem with that is, it's PAST performance, certainly would be a risk 27/28 yo, now injury prone and didn't he have an alcohol problem ?? (although if I was an AFL footballer they'd label me as having an alcohol problem :)) or some alcohol fuelled binges ?? can't see NC going for it.

Would we consider a trade for Shane Edwards (Tigers)?

Not sure what would be reasonable to give up. But he is still only 21yrs old and is a reasonably quick, evasive, skillful outside midfielder/forward.

Maybe,

Chris Knights + pick 12 = Shane Edwards + pick 6?

Would we consider a trade for Shane Edwards (Tigers)?

Not sure what would be reasonable to give up. But he is still only 21yrs old and is a reasonably quick, evasive, skillful outside midfielder/forward.

Maybe,

Chris Knights + pick 12 = Shane Edwards + pick 6?

What is the concensus re draft talent pool.

If there is a huge drop off past pick 6ish this may be worthwhile, but otherwise i think Richmond would do well from this.

I know he has improved but i wouldn't think Edwards has huge trade value though he is the right 'type' for us. Maybe Nason instead and I'd do it.

Obviously pick 6 be more appealing to Bulldogs if we go for Griffen.

So essentially we would give up Knights and 12 for Griffen and Nason...I'd do it but I dunno how Tigers/Dogs would feel?

Kerr is an interesting one on past performance you'd immediately say yes, but problem with that is, it's PAST performance, certainly would be a risk 27/28 yo, now injury prone and didn't he have an alcohol problem ?? (although if I was an AFL footballer they'd label me as having an alcohol problem :)) or some alcohol fuelled binges ?? can't see NC going for it.
Let's just say that my pet nickname for him is "the Ketamine Kid".

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Nathan Djerrkura is leaving Geelong because of lack of opportunity .. any interest?

I'd be interested for sure, at the right price of course, and i think if Geelong haven't given him opportunity they shouldn't quibble too much on price. Not quite a King sell-off but similar principle.

I'd be interested for sure, at the right price of course, and i think if Geelong haven't given him opportunity they shouldn't quibble too much on price. Not quite a King sell-off but similar principle.

Apparently his skills arent great. But, if he had could evasive ability, speed, good in traffic etc I'd have a crack for a cheapish price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we would use a promise of future captain to get Griffen here? And if we somehow succeeded, how long before the (C) appeared next to his name?

If there is a huge drop off past pick 6ish this may be worthwhile, but otherwise i think Richmond would do well from this.

Being a Richmond supporter i'm obviously biased, but that isn't a good trade for us. Edwards is on his way to being a very handy player for us, I rate him over an injury prone Knights.

don't the players choose the captain? the club can't promise anything in terms of captaincy, especially when the current players haven't even played football with him yet.
Yes but I believe that if Griffen did end up at West Lakes (imho unlikely, but if he did) then he would instantly become our best player and on top of that, someone with some real leadership about him. It wouldn't take him too long to overtake VB as a favourite for the captain.

At $550K I think he would be worth every penny. Lets remember the kid is only 23 and already an absolute star. His best footy is well ahead of him. By the time he hits 29, he would be at a truly elite level.

Being a Richmond supporter i'm obviously biased, but that isn't a good trade for us. Edwards is on his way to being a very handy player for us, I rate him over an injury prone Knights.
Look, without being biased at all, Knights is 150x the player Edwards is.

Straight away he'd be your second best player behind Riewoldt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back