Game Day Crows V Cats, Cats weren’t Robbed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I don’t think the Mods would merge a thread just so those who block me won’t be able to read it, well maybe deaneus might

Pros:
Amusing

Cons:
Requires doing something

Outcome:
Play on!

We're setting the budgets with the CEO today so i'll be on a conference call with Perth practically ALL DAY... so i'm not likely to want to do more stuff.

What's this "Cats were robbed" in the thread title?

I'm all for cryptic in-jokes that alienate noobs and elevate my internally-perceived social status at the expense of others, but I don't know what this is?

Compare the Pair:

GrandioseAdmiredBasenji-max-1mb.gif
vs
giphy.gif

Pros:
Amusing

Cons:
Requires doing something

Outcome:
Play on!

We're setting the budgets with the CEO today so i'll be on a conference call with Perth practically ALL DAY... so i'm not likely to want to do more stuff.
It defaults to whoever posted first too

What's this "Cats were robbed" in the thread title?

I'm all for cryptic in-jokes that alienate noobs and elevate my internally-perceived social status at the expense of others, but I don't know what this is?

Compare the Pair:

GrandioseAdmiredBasenji-max-1mb.gif
vs
giphy.gif
Rory O'Brien?

ROBbed maybe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither do Geelong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hawkins can take a contested mark much better than Tex and JJ. Dangerfield when isolated I50 can take a strong mark as well.

Sometimes Tex and JJ remind me of when Carey played for us. His shoulders were stuffed and couldn’t raise his arms over his head

Gov gave us a real option up there. We have to fix this soon

Gov gave us an unpredictable nature up forward coupled with Cameron. Organized chaos in the forward line. Those two players were getting like the 4th or 5th best defenders.

I wish we had the ability to have kept Gov and Cameron for a fair price.

Hawkins can take a contested mark much better than Tex and JJ. Dangerfield when isolated I50 can take a strong mark as well.
They havent had key defenders like Talia, Hartigan or Keath to contend with.

Jenkins and Tex have taken as many CMs as them this year. And that is against better defenders.

Forward contested marking is not a strength for either team.

Hawkins is over rated. Danger is a threat.

This game shows where we are at, no round 1 excuses, no round 2 blowing out cobwebs. Are we actually serious about having a crack this season? Our selection policy indicates we are, is it going to be backed up with onfield performance.

Well put.

After tonight we will know if we are a contender or a team that will fall into the 8, just.

In any case, our team as it is is a few levels down from matching it with the Eagles and Pies.

A good test. Geelong have a similar.defensive set up to Hawthorn.

It took three quarters to adjust for that game. Need to come out and take the game on from the first bounce.

Time for ROB to stake his claim as the future long term Ruck for this club.

Wait... Geelong has a defensive set up ?

Mind you I haven't seen too much of Geelong this year, but last year they bled goals.

From what I saw of them last year they were a side that only ran one way and while they were a good attacking side that could score quickly, they weren't very strong defensively.

Melbourne having such a massive amount of inside 50s makes me think that Geelong still might have issues defensively when they don't have the ball.

I am not yet convinced that they're any better this year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows V Cats, Cats weren’t Robbed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back