Game Day Crows v Cats

Final Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ben
Hard to get enthused about this one.. let's just get through unscathed and re-load for the Showdown. Looking forward to seeing what Davis can bring to the big time.

Cats by 35.
LOL, I don't think I've been more excited about a game all year. Our guys really setting themselves to knock off the league leaders at a ground where we haven't won for over 15 years on the big stage of nationwide Friday night televised footy. Dry conditions with the northerly ensuring it shouldn't get too dewy although it may be a bit breezy. All the makings of an epic, with us getting to see a new debutant in Ben Davis. What is there not to get enthused over? Go you Crows. If we bring our best in intensity and don't make too many clangers we might just sneak an upset. Expect both teams to throw their bodies on the line like there is no tomorrow.

As long as we defend as well as we have done for most of the year we will be right in this one.

Would be the youngest forwardline we've played in a very long time, outside of the skip and Eddie. Murphy, Berg, Davis, Gooch..... good to see.

Let's get at them

Perfect opportunity to make a firm statement tonight in where we want to be heading come September. Losing JJ at the peak of his powers this year isn’t ideal, but then hopefully we see a hungry Berg. Also can’t wait to see Davis, about due time!

I reckon the Cats are going to feel the heat. With top spot and playing at home, coming after a loss last week, everyone’s expecting them to bounce back. The Crows with some new youngsters, historically have been deplorable at Geelong, but with winning momentum against 2 genuine Finals contenders. Should set this up for an epic contest!

Crows by 20.

Hard to get enthused about this one.. let's just get through unscathed and re-load for the Showdown. Looking forward to seeing what Davis can bring to the big time.

Cats by 35.
Really easy to get enthused about this game for myriad reasons.

But Davis? I've tried. I've watched. I've been positive. I just don't see it. (actually hoping to have the reverse effect like my prediction years ago about slow plodder ten goal Tommy Lynch:$, and calling McKernan a total spud last night moments before he played probably the best game of his life...the spud)

Crows can win this for sure depending on which of their mindsets turns up.

No injuries please

I feel to win we need to play the same game we did against Freo. Slow and dour.

We lose at that ground as we try to match them in a shootout and their HBs just mop up our shallow F50s.

Sydney play well there as they know the ground being narrow you can use congestion more and slow the game down. That is what we need to do to win.

Make it ugly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Geelong will come out seething after their debacle against the Power. I wonder if we will still be on bye during the 1st quarter and not rock up till the 2nd.

Game could be blown away inside the first 15 minutes. Pyke needs to have game plan where we are close at quarter time at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ben
LOL, I don't think I've been more excited about a game all year. Our guys really setting themselves to knock off the league leaders at a ground where we haven't won for over 15 years on the big stage of nationwide Friday night televised footy. Dry conditions with the northerly ensuring it shouldn't get too dewy although it may be a bit breezy. All the makings of an epic, with us getting to see a new debutant in Ben Davis. What is there not to get enthused over?

No CEY Milera & Lynch. Plus the combination of Geelong coming off a bad loss and us not being very good. Call me pessimist but those concerns plus our record at that stadium does not fill me with confidence.

No CEY Milera & Lynch. Plus the combination of Geelong coming off a bad loss and us not being very good. Call me pessimist but those concerns plus our record at that stadium does not fill me with confidence.

Plus no Jenkins which has been great as Version 2.0 since his comeback.

Tex will command the best defender tonight as well. They could even double team him as well.

Really easy to get enthused about this game for myriad reasons.

But Davis? I've tried. I've watched. I've been positive. I just don't see it. (actually hoping to have the reverse effect like my prediction years ago about slow plodder ten goal Tommy Lynch:$, and calling McKernan a total spud last night moments before he played probably the best game of his life...the spud)

Crows can win this for sure depending on which of their mindsets turns up.

No injuries please
Davis was excellent in a recent SANFL game. His running and marking has improved. Even if you can’t see it, just think why hasn’t he been delisted but instead given a contract extension?

I really wish this guy to do well. He deserves a few games in the least after waiting so long in the SANFL.

No Jenkins hurts us, wouldn’t have thought that 6 weeks ago.
Hopefully Gibbs can play well and the level we know he can allowing Sloane plus the Crouch brothers to also dominate.
ROB winning the ruck could also be handy.
Eddie Betts needs to play well as he could prove our point of difference up forward.

Cats by 3-4 goals unless our midfield can beat theirs.

You’re looking purely at the outcome. Even if we lose, there can be a lot we can take out of tonight’s game and to see how much of a genuine threat we are this year.

Berg, ROB, Gooch, Davis all know they have to continue to play well to keep being selected. Even guys like Gibbs and Dougie are no certainties for spots. Entirely different situation to last year’s.

Tex would want to play well or will once again he will cop it.. Friday night lights, Australia watching and that parasite step son of Tony Mcguiness watching waiting for Tex to have a bad one and no doubt will tweet something or have a whole double page spread on how poor Tex played...

If we don't give a free kick away at the first bounce of the game and don't miss our first set shot I think we can win.

Avoid those usually inevitable 'tone setters' and we're a sniff :)

Tex would want to play well or will once again he will cop it.. Friday night lights, Australia watching and that parasite step son of Tony Mcguiness watching waiting for Tex to have a bad one and no doubt will tweet something or have a whole double page spread on how poor Tex played...

Geez i remember hearing that once. I didnt realise there was some truth to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows v Cats

Back