Game Day Crows V Eagles - All hail King TEX

Predict our three midfielders at the opening bounce

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex unfortunately had his injury problems, which impacted his career

Jack Riewoldt is considered a monty to be a "Hall of Fame" player .....yet looking at averages, Tex compares favourably

View attachment 1708570
In fact he’s leading in Average HO’s

Taylor Walker 0.4
Jack Riewoldt 0.3
Jeremy Cameron 0

Their midfield is gonna give them the opportunities, it's probably better than ours, which is terrifying in its own way, but suspect we'll have enough on the counter that the Eagles won't be able to stop us from getting a few runs on here and there.

Think we win by 3-5 goals. 35K attendance. Tex to kick 3. Closer than people think today. West Coast have their best midfield of the year, but no backline.
Yep I reckon people are dreaming that this will be anywhere near 50+. Even if we do come out the blocks we have a habit of thinking the jobs done and going to sleep.

People getting carried away with the minimum margins stuff. West Coast's losses against teams competing for the 8 this year include 41 points to Freo, 63 points to Melbourne, 47 points to Geelong, 40 points to Port Adelaide, 50 points to Essendon and 63 points to Collingwood. They are a poor side but a comfortable win is a perfectly acceptable result.
Agree.
People who are predicting a 60+ win have the right to be optimistic. I'd love that.
6 - 8 goals is realistic.

I want them to start sharply a la Carlton and increase their lead, quarter by quarter.
That'd do me, with our Champion Tex getting a bag of at least 5 goals.

Last edited:
Those stats are hard to read, but I don’t see how you arrive at the conclusion that Tex compares favourably. Plus Jack is a 300 game player with 3 premierships to his name. Reckon Jack has a couple of AAs as well, not sure Tex has.
Similar to the Walker vs Hawkins comparisons, the average stats are basically the same. All three average around 2.3 goals per game, with Walker getting slightly more of the ball. So that's the 'favourable' aspect.

A big driver is that Walker didn't have a lengthy period where he was being carried in the seniors but not kicking goals, which Riewoldt and Hawkins did. Riewoldt had 65 goals after 50 games, Hawkins had 66, Walker had 105. The other two kicked on and became Coleman winners, and won AA selections and multiple flags while Walker did not, and their peaks as goalkickers are higher as well, even if the career averages end up the same. Walker's knee obviously didn't help there, never really reached the same heights again after 2013, though he's obviously forged a very good career regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to the Walker vs Hawkins comparisons, the average stats are basically the same. All three average around 2.3 goals per game, with Walker getting slightly more of the ball. So that's the 'favourable' aspect.

A big driver is that Walker didn't have a lengthy period where he was being carried in the seniors but not kicking goals, which Riewoldt and Hawkins did. Riewoldt had 65 goals after 50 games, Hawkins had 66, Walker had 105. The other two kicked on and became Coleman winners, and won AA selections and multiple flags while Walker did not, and their peaks as goalkickers are higher as well, even if the career averages end up the same. Walker's knee obviously didn't help there, never really reached the same heights again after 2013, though he's obviously forged a very good career regardless.

Carried in the seniors? Those clubs identified talent and developed it where it belonged.

View attachment 1708715
Highlights how bad our mids have been lately. Most ground ball stoppages, worst contested possession rates there and outscored heavily from contests last week.

Not a surprise given who we are playing in there

My bet is that we'll find a way to turn this into an arm wrestle but we'll still end up winning by 6 or 7 goals.
My fear also.

Eagles at AO - Port got up by 'only' 40.

They've probably had more injuries since then but Eagles were able to contain the damage to a degree.

We have to massacre them full stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows V Eagles - All hail King TEX

Back