Game Day Crows V Eagles - All hail King TEX

Predict our three midfielders at the opening bounce

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tex fell victim to the AA selectors VIC bias in that debate to be honest.

2012 - Tex kicked 63 from 19 games. Riewoldt 65 from 22.
2015 - Tex kicked 59 from 23. Riewoldt 54 from 22.

Tex should have definitely got the nod in 2012 & 2015 and it was criminal to exclude him in 2017.

agree 100% re comparison with Jack, but there's no way that'll be taken into account if it came down to choosing between the 2 if there was only 1 spot available. Just checked 2017 and the 3 tall forwards selected ahead of Tex did average more goals than him, but as per the other 2 years above, that cant be the sole factor.

Last edited:
agree 100% re comparison with Jack, but there's no way that'll be taken into account if it came down to choosing between the 2 if there was only 1 spot available. Just checked 2017 and the 3 tall forwards selected ahead of Tex did average more goals than him, but as per the other 2 tears above, that cant be the sole factor.

Absolutely - Jack gets the nod overall. Longevity does play a part.

But 2017 was an absolute joke. Tex was right up there with goals (equal 6th in the coleman), but was also the #1 player in the AFL for Goal Assists that year with 33. Not to mention he was the captain of the team that won the minor premiership.

He was 100% totally robbed in 2017.

But 2017 was an absolute joke. Tex was right up there with goals (equal 6th in the coleman), but was also the #1 player in the AFL for Goal Assists that year with 33. Not to mention he was the captain of the team that won the minor premiership.

2015 and 2017 Tex should have absolutely made AA, it’s criminal that Dixon has one from the compromised 2020 season.

how were we going to beat richmond, we weren't up to it with those guys you listed anyway. And the camp was still going to happen, so those guys leaving did not cost anybody any flags, we were still on a path to self destruction. And like it or not, team success does form part of the picture when it comes to assessing players.
Camp never happens under different head coach…whom we lost tragically

You don’t know the Richmond game doesn’t play out differently

The original question was should Tex lose hall of fame for lack of premierships

I merely pointed out he had no control over much of what occurred from beginning of career to today

Think Tex fell victim to the AA selectors VIC bias in that debate to be honest.

2012 - Tex kicked 63 from 19 games. Riewoldt 65 from 22.
2015 - Tex kicked 59 from 23. Riewoldt 54 from 22.

Tex should have definitely got the nod in 2012 & 2015 and it was criminal to exclude him in 2017.
2012 was down to a couple of dangerous tackles which saw him suspended for 4-5 weeks, was a lock if he played out the year

Franklin, Daniher and Kennedy all kicked more per game and I think that getting a handful of goal assists more isn't all that meaningful, but it should factor. He was also 4th for score assists, with Buddy the only KPF ahead of him. But looking at just goals, there's 4 KPFs ahead of him. I'm not sure that he was 100% totally robbed, I think there's an argument that he could have gotten a guernsey though.

Camp never happens under different head coach…whom we lost tragically

You don’t know the Richmond game doesn’t play out differently

The original question was should Tex lose hall of fame for lack of premierships

I merely pointed out he had no control over much of what occurred from beginning of career to today

that was 2 and a half years prior. And you mentioned the loss of those players, who were with us on GF day 2017. Tigers win 2 of the next 3 flags anyway and we still have the camp. Players form part of a team and team success, ie premierships, forms part of a players overall record and how they're viewed by the industry. Are club B&Fs all equal?

Chayce Jones warming up with the stoppage group

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin, Daniher and Kennedy all kicked more per game and I think that getting a handful of goal assists more isn't all that meaningful, but it should factor. He was also 4th for score assists, with Buddy the only KPF ahead of him. But looking at just goals, there's 4 KPFs ahead of him. I'm not sure that he was 100% totally robbed, I think there's an argument that he could have gotten a guernsey though.

More than a handful. Led the whole AFL for goal assists which is remarkable for a key forward who was 6th in the coleman race.

Franklin - 24 games, 73 goals, 19 goal assists
Daniher - 23 games 65 goals, 11 goal assists
Kennedy - 19 games, 69 goals, 10 goal assists

Walker - 23 Games, 54 goals, 33 goal assists

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows V Eagles - All hail King TEX

Back