Game Day Crows V Eagles - All hail King TEX

Predict our three midfielders at the opening bounce

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was over at quarter time last week.....

At least our guys thought it was.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
And therein lies the game.

I was there.

After Milera's goal from probably our best ball movement all year, I could actually see the heads swelling and the complacency set in.

Infuriating.

First win of the day, Kelli is far far away calling Bris/Haw 🙌
Tbh I never paid much attention to her commentary but I started actually listening more carefully and she's every bit as bad as people say. Underwood has no feel for the game at all. I'd rather listen to Daisy fivehead. At least she understands the game.

Those stats are hard to read, but I don’t see how you arrive at the conclusion that Tex compares favourably. Plus Jack is a 300 game player with 3 premierships to his name. Reckon Jack has a couple of AAs as well, not sure Tex has.
Just looking at Tex's ave stats comparisons .....goals per match pretty equal

Should premierships determine an individuals entry to the "Hall of Fame" ?

No.

Should Martin Pike get in ahead of Roo?

Absolutely not---Not the Texan's faul that surfer boy, Charlie, Lever, etc... all skedaddled

And prior to that the deal/trade nonsense with Tippett

Should have had at least 1 and probably 2 in an alternate reality

6-8 goals should be the minimum. We have our best midfield quartet in, but whether or not they can get through the whole game is another story 🤦‍♂️

Our defence is completely decimated. Against one of the best forward lines in the comp… Big trouble awaits!
I hope the Eagles allow us to celebrate Tex's 250th today with a big bag, like how we did last year for JK's final game.:thumbsu:

Absolutely not---Not the Texan's faul that surfer boy, Charlie, Lever, etc... all skedaddled

I still dream of what Tex and Tippo could have been.

Now the hope moves to a 10 year partnership between FOG and TT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does pretty much equal end up as favourable. And yes, i think flags form part of an individuals record. Any comment re all Australian selections? Or have you blocked that out?

Last edited:
No.

Should Martin Pike get in ahead of Roo?

did anyone suggest it should be the sole determinant? Martin Pike did nothing outside 4 flags, near 250 games though, but that doesn't qualify for HoF. Roo, 1 flag, 1 Brownlow, 300 odd games, club captain, club b&f, heaps of AAs. It all counts towards the player's career. Tex is a HoF of our club, but no way he's HoF of the AFL. Jack is 3 AAs and 3 flags ahead and a 300 gamer, but I wouldn't think he's a monty. Tex is a little way back compared to him.

How dies pretty much equal end up as favourable. And yes, i think flags form part of an individuals record. Any comment re all Australian selections? Or have you blocked that out?

Think Tex fell victim to the AA selectors VIC bias in that debate to be honest.

2012 - Tex kicked 63 from 19 games. Riewoldt 65 from 22.
2015 - Tex kicked 59 from 23. Riewoldt 54 from 22.

Tex should have definitely got the nod in 2012 & 2015 and it was criminal to exclude him in 2017.

how were we going to beat richmond, we weren't up to it with those guys you listed anyway. And the camp was still going to happen, so those guys leaving did not cost anybody any flags, we were still on a path to self destruction. And like it or not, team success does form part of the picture when it comes to assessing players.

Last edited:
Think Tex fell victim to the AA selectors VIC bias in that debate to be honest.

2012 - Tex kicked 63 from 19 games. Riewoldt 65 from 22.
2015 - Tex kicked 59 from 23. Riewoldt 54 from 22.

Tex should have definitely got the nod in 2012 & 2015 and it was criminal to exclude him in 2017.
It sure helps to be at a Victorian club.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their midfield is gonna give them the opportunities, it's probably better than ours, which is terrifying in its own way, but suspect we'll have enough on the counter that the Eagles won't be able to stop us from getting a few runs on here and there.
I don’t think you’ve watched the Eagles this year. Shuey has played with Kelly and Sheed and they still sucked. I’m sure they will get clearances fine, but they they have no structure and no key defenders.

Back