Game Day Crows vs Saints, Rnd 9, Happy Mother's Day mothers

Remove this Banner Ad

By pure numbers per game, we are pretty even as centre clearance teams, and just better at stoppage clearances

They have more guys that consistently impact at the coalface though in Crouch/Steele/Ross/Marshall, all average four a game or more. Only Laird does for us (Dawson just misses out, if you count his games since being moved into the middle)

Laird and Dawson need to have blinders

no we're not. We're equal last on clearance differential with west coast.

66AEB6C3-6182-4A71-9ED1-5FEA054A8CBF.png

I want to see TT, Rankine and Rachele all playing mainly forward and being threatening.

They have been sucked up the ground too much last few weeks.

We need Rankine and Rachele to become gun midfielders. We're at risk of our midfield batting only 4 deep and including Keays, Sloane and Laird as key ingredients.

I think we can win - so much that I have us in the Lock game

I do believe we can kick more at goal than the Saints - its just a matter of which side of the post it goes

I dont like the timeslot - feels like my morning has been rushed. I do like a slow coffee and toast then a leisurely stroll to the couch to watch - but this time I am heading into the ground and I am discombulated

Crows by 17

First 10 minutes is gonna be critical for me. We've started particularly well in most games this year, but have left a lot of goals out on the park, particularly in the losses.

Nothing irritates me more then dominating the 1st quarter and coming in less then a goal in front, or worse. Need to start making better use of a good start.

Was going off pure numbers per game rather than differential, so we’re both correct

That differential stat is very concerning, either way

the differential is pure numbers, just much more meaningful than gross numbers. What's very stark is our primary mover Laird is ranked 51st for mids. Dawson is our only player ranked inside the top 100 based on their position, he's 12th overall. Rankine is next at 101 overall, then Laird at 108th. Sog and Jones are ain the 100-200 range, good for kids. But Sloane eating up minutes and Laird (10th outright last year) underperforming as 30+ year olds is what's holding us back.

Happy Mothers day to my fellow mums (and those dads that do both roles).

Looking forward to this…my last game on Aussie soil for a while. Hope I can get access while in Europe. Go you Crows! ❤️💙💛
Watch AFL app. Can do weekly and monthly subscriptions:

Those smarter than me can advise if you can cast to a tv or connect with a HDMI cable from a laptop if you’re taking one. Am sure I’ve done it before (taken a HDMI cable and plugged my laptop into the hotel room tv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am completely convinced that it's the second, not the first, Sunday in May because it gives all the dads and husbands time to say 'oh s**t, it's May, so it's Mother's Day next week' and organise something. Father's Day is the first in September because mums and wives are seen as more organised.

I thank God for Bigfooty, otherwise Id have completely overlooked this important event.

All we have to do against St Kilda is break their structure. They don't have any players capable of individual brilliance to win the match, it's all down to the Ross Lyon way. Similar to him at Fremantle although St Kilda's squad is clearly worse than peak Freo.

They looked pretty awful last week and have looked bad when denied their style.

If we allow them to strangle us up forward and set up from their defence we aren't much chance. So our forwards will need to complete much better than they did last week

Anyone know how many times we have played on Mothers Day btw over the journey? Really is “exceptional” how many times we are “randomly” drawn to play Mothers Day and Easter Sunday..together with York Park, Ballarat, Hobart, Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs….

Randomly? You still think it's random?

It's a called a fixture.

the differential is pure numbers, just much more meaningful than gross numbers. What's very stark is our primary mover Laird is ranked 51st for mids. Dawson is our only player ranked inside the top 100 based on their position, he's 12th overall. Rankine is next at 101 overall, then Laird at 108th. Sog and Jones are ain the 100-200 range, good for kids. But Sloane eating up minutes and Laird (10th outright last year) underperforming as 30+ year olds is what's holding us back.
What do those rankings consider? Is that based on clearance impact or just overall midfield impact

It's a called a fixture.

It's a called a fixture.
See the strong use of quotation marks above 😂. Sadly we all know it is FIX…thus the Pies havent played in Tassie ever, Richmond never play in Ballarat, Essendon dont play in Launie….

A
Watch AFL app. Can do weekly and monthly subscriptions:

Those smarter than me can advise if you can cast to a tv or connect with a HDMI cable from a laptop if you’re taking one. Am sure I’ve done it before (taken a HDMI cable and plugged my laptop into the hotel room tv.
anyone know if it’s possible to be a bit dodgy and watch it in Aus?

In 1912, Anna Jarvis trademarked the phrase "Second Sunday in May, Mother's Day, Anna Jarvis, Founder", and created the Mother's Day International Association.[26] She specifically noted that "Mother's" should "be a singular possessive, for each family to honor its own mother, not a plural possessive commemorating all mothers in the world."[27] This is also the spelling used by U.S. President Woodrow Wilson in his 1914 presidential proclamation, by the U.S. Congress in relevant bills,[28][29] and by various U.S. presidents in their proclamations concerning Mother's Day.[30]
"Jarvis Toyota" Mother's day sponsorship would be appropriate..

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows vs Saints, Rnd 9, Happy Mother's Day mothers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back