Cyril Rioli second in the Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

My silly father in law (Hawks Supporter)...he thought Rioli would win it because he fed Buddy before his 100th goal...he thought that was what he needed to get him over the line....Silly man.... He dumpped $5k on him on sunday..... OUCH...

LOL.

Wish I had $5K to blow like that.

Congratulations to Junior Boy :thumbsu:

Considering he has only done 60% of his first preseason, I can wait til he gets a few preseasons under his belt and moves into the middle! Will dominate in a few years time.

Well done to Palmer who deserved the Rising Star
And well done to Cyril for comming second, has been a brilliant find for hawthorn:thumbsu:

Exactly.

Palmer is pretty useful by the way.

Yes, I know and so is Cyril....we're going to have some fun times in the future with the talent Junior has got...:thumbsu:

Yes, well done Palmer! Almost unanimous win as was Cyril's second place so clearly a two horse show.

Still wouldn't swap Cyril for any of the other contenders.

Cyril was robbed he uses the ball 10 times better that Palmer and is now up (for the 4th time) for the Mark and/or Goal of the year.

Haven't seen Palmer get one yet.
Anyway Cyril will be a legend and he will show them in the near and distant future why he should have won it.

Well done to Cyril. Palmer got the nod (and deservingly so), but I don't think any Hawthorn supporter would be too disappointed with the result (unless you put $5k on Rioli to win).

As far as 2009 goes, we will have the following players (that look capable) eligible for the rising star:

Cameron Stokes
Jarryd Morton
Brent Renouf
Josh Kennedy
Brendan Whitecross
Mitch Thorp

Well done Cyril :thumbsu:

Congratulations to Palmer. Lets face it, has to be a worthy winner to beat Cyril.

To be a creative competitor and play all 22 matches in your first year is an awesome effort.

So glad your at Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to all the boys who played AFL footy for the first time this year, magnificent achievement in itself.

Would have loved to have been good enough myself, but never was near it.

For the boys considered for the Rising Star you are already better than some established players in the game, amazing.

congrats to both boys, both teams would say that they wouldnt trade their player for anyone. cyril is a jem, has typical rioli skills and will be a serious player for the future.

rhys had a freak of a year, i dont care what people say 23 touches, 4 tackles and 0.5 goals a game for a first year player is as good as a first year player has ever played. his skills are underrated, he is as tough as nails and held up and afl midfield by himself. to say cyril was robbed i think is understating palmers season, if cyril had have played in the last three years he would have taken the award

:thumbsu:
Well done to Cyril. Palmer got the nod (and deservingly so), but I don't think any Hawthorn supporter would be too disappointed with the result (unless you put $5k on Rioli to win).

As far as 2009 goes, we will have the following players (that look capable) eligible for the rising star:

Cameron Stokes
Jarryd Morton
Brent Renouf
Josh Kennedy
Brendan Whitecross
Mitch Thorp

Beau Dowler:thumbsu::thumbsu:

:thumbsu:

Beau Dowler:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Unfortunately, he will just miss out based on the age restriction.:(

http://www.afl.com.au/Development/NABAFLRisingStarsProgram/NABAFLRisingStar/tabid/784/default.aspx
To qualify for the NAB AFL Rising Star nomination, a player must be under 21 years of age as at January 1 of that year, must not have played more than 10 games to the start of that season and must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season.
Dowler turns 21 on December 16, 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cyril Rioli second in the Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back