D3 2009 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the two's got beat by a more hungrier side on the day, a bit rich to say they played awful. A good standard two's game of footy to watch though.

Well the gryphs got up, but are still relegated. what a bitch ! how close of a season has it been 2 games separated playing finals and being relegated.

2's unlucky, played awful, 1's had half their side out to prepare for the 1st week of finals. All credit to the House, they came to play, we didn't.

Same old line - we played crap. House would not beat us if we played well or had a full side - heard it 30 times yesterday when they were 6 goals down, 50 times in round 5 including during the after match speeches and it continues on in Big Footy. Yeah, you said all credit to the House but look what you said before it.

Seems to be a few decent blokes there (I suspect you're one of them Sniper) but on the whole, maybe Bentleigh could learn something from a side like Power House who lose gracefully. But hold on, Bentleigh haven't beaten Power House this year!!!!!!

For the record, House injuries have been well documented and had a stack out of both teams again yesterday.

Couldnt agree more Vegemite...what a bunch of moron's down at Bentleigh...starting with the coach who gave the umpires a good mouthful after the game??? Not sure how the umpires would have changed a 9 goal result.

From what i heard Bentleigh rested 5 players on saturday against the House..who cares!! SOFTEST bunch of blokes i have ever seen play footy. Didnt like to get the hard ball, wouldnt lay a tackle for fear of getting hurt..they played like scared little boys. Resting 5 players doesnt say much except they knew the House would come out fired up after their previous match and Bentleigh were scared....

What happened to the Bentleigh ruckman who deliberately fixed up Dave Burnside last time????? hiding in the stands....?????

Also interesting to see how many Bentleigh boys went into the clubrooms after the game?? I could probably count it on one hand...!! Pretty ordrinary sportmanship really...pretty much sums up their club..arrogant bunch of morons who think they are better than everyone else.

Good luck to the teams that play Bentleigh in the finals...Tip for you: go in and get the hardball and put on physical pressure and you will win easily. Bentleigh hated it and ran around the ground scared. They are massive frontrunners who wont play hard football!!

Congrats to the 2s at the "house"....they had too much desire. Good job from their 2s coach, who played into the hands of their various Irish internationals (who were quiet impressive) by kicking the ball off the ground at every opportunity, saved them from actually having to put there heads over the football.

Couldnt agree more Vegemite...what a bunch of moron's down at Bentleigh...starting with the coach who gave the umpires a good mouthful after the game??? Not sure how the umpires would have changed a 9 goal result.

From what i heard Bentleigh rested 5 players on saturday against the House..who cares!! SOFTEST bunch of blokes i have ever seen play footy. Didnt like to get the hard ball, wouldnt lay a tackle for fear of getting hurt..they played like scared little boys. Resting 5 players doesnt say much except they knew the House would come out fired up after their previous match and Bentleigh were scared....

What happened to the Bentleigh ruckman who deliberately fixed up Dave Burnside last time????? hiding in the stands....?????

Also interesting to see how many Bentleigh boys went into the clubrooms after the game?? I could probably count it on one hand...!! Pretty ordrinary sportmanship really...pretty much sums up their club..arrogant bunch of morons who think they are better than everyone else.

Good luck to the teams that play Bentleigh in the finals...Tip for you: go in and get the hardball and put on physical pressure and you will win easily. Bentleigh hated it and ran around the ground scared. They are massive frontrunners who wont play hard football!!

Agree it is very poor effort not to attend opposition rooms after the game and share a drink and congratulate an opposition team that really wanted to win.Thought there were some Bentleigh blokes who were bigger than that. Now let's see if they can get the monkey off their back and actually win a flag? Yet to win a flag in the Ammos after 10 years of trying.What is the news on Burnside?

I think the two's got beat by a more hungrier side on the day, a bit rich to say they played awful. A good standard two's game of footy to watch though.

I agree, especially in the first quarter. PowerHouse's midfield were on top & we played catch up footy all day. Having said that I think we got back closer enough to pinch it, but you need to play more than 1 good quarter of footy to win.

But I love how everyone is writing our club off, might play into our hands I think. If someone was to tell anyone that both their club's 1s & 2's would be 16-2 for the year they'd take it. Oh and playing the "softest brand of football one has ever seen", to achieve only 2 loses (what would that say about the rest of the comp);)

p.s. Thanks Vegemite, I rarely get called a decent bloke :thumbsu:

Just a quick congratulations to Matt Collins on the winning the Hawks B&F last night. A super year by him and he will only be better next year once a couple of injuries are seen to. He should be in with a show for the comp. B&F? Who else do you think will poll well?
Results:
M Collins 164
J Shapov 55
D Pritchard 51
Two's
M Tyson
D Quamil
Well done also to Chompy on winning the two's B&F.

To my fellow powerhouse lads in the two's fantastic effort to knock of the top side!

Just wanted to give the thumbs up to a couple of posters that have mentioned that bentleigh were a bunch of arrogant blokes. Couldn't be more accurate! The coach walks the sidelines like a spoiled five year old lad carrying on like a two bob watch. Huffing and puffing shaking his head, his body language was pathetic. He was simply out coached!!!! Does he always blame the umpires after a loss? Our supporters thought it was hilarious :)

The so called full forward they have that is leading the league in goals is soft and selfish. Did not like the hard ball one bit and will not put his arms above his head to take a grab. Totally outplayed! Number 46 and 22 are both sooks, 79 you are as soft as butter, 25 would have to be the laziest footballer I have ever played against, just wont man up. Bentleighs backline had horrible skills constantly turned the ball over under pressure, don't know whether they have the class to hold up come finals. Our midfield dominated centre clearances throughout the day and will be a big force through our finals campaign. Look out WB & SMS!!

However, a mention has to go to bentleighs ruckman, played a great game and comes across as a great lad as well. Pity a few of their other players don't take a page out of his book. I don't know whether it was a case of being sore losers but hardly any guys in the room after the match from either ones or twos.

To that guy in an earlier post that mentioned kicking the ball of the ground is being soft... wake up to yourself buddy!

To all the teams participating in the finals, good luck and may the best side win.

Go Housers!!

Good luck to those teams who made the four in the ones and twos. Any more club B&F results from yesterday?

To my fellow powerhouse lads in the two's fantastic effort to knock of the top side!

Just wanted to give the thumbs up to a couple of posters that have mentioned that bentleigh were a bunch of arrogant blokes. Couldn't be more accurate! The coach walks the sidelines like a spoiled five year old lad carrying on like a two bob watch. Huffing and puffing shaking his head, his body language was pathetic. He was simply out coached!!!! Does he always blame the umpires after a loss? Our supporters thought it was hilarious :)

The so called full forward they have that is leading the league in goals is soft and selfish. Did not like the hard ball one bit and will not put his arms above his head to take a grab. Totally outplayed! Number 46 and 22 are both sooks, 79 you are as soft as butter, 25 would have to be the laziest footballer I have ever played against, just wont man up. Bentleighs backline had horrible skills constantly turned the ball over under pressure, don't know whether they have the class to hold up come finals. Our midfield dominated centre clearances throughout the day and will be a big force through our finals campaign. Look out WB & SMS!!

However, a mention has to go to bentleighs ruckman, played a great game and comes across as a great lad as well. Pity a few of their other players don't take a page out of his book. I don't know whether it was a case of being sore losers but hardly any guys in the room after the match from either ones or twos.

To that guy in an earlier post that mentioned kicking the ball of the ground is being soft... wake up to yourself buddy!

To all the teams participating in the finals, good luck and may the best side win.

Go Housers!!

Gaelic Amateur, lets just concentrate on West Brunswick this week and hopefully we'll get another chance to touch up Bentleigh in the finals.

Might not be great blokes (in general), but they obviously can play as their 16 - 2 record suggests - that needs to be respected.

Once again - the Bentleigh match is over. Lets focus on West Brunswick and no further.

How is the Bentleigh bloke who was involved in that 'car crash' at half forward in the 2s? - hope hes OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach walks the sidelines like a spoiled five year old lad carrying on like a two bob watch. Huffing and puffing shaking his head, his body language was pathetic. He was simply out coached!!!! Does he always blame the umpires after a loss? Our supporters thought it was hilarious :)

The so called full forward they have that is leading the league in goals is soft and selfish. Did not like the hard ball one bit and will not put his arms above his head to take a grab. Totally outplayed! Number 46 and 22 are both sooks, 79 you are as soft as butter, 25 would have to be the laziest footballer I have ever played against, just wont man up. Bentleighs backline had horrible skills constantly turned the ball over under pressure, don't know whether they have the class to hold up come finals. Our midfield dominated centre clearances throughout the day and will be a big force through our finals campaign. Look out WB & SMS!!quote]

Wow Gaelic, signed up to Big Footy today just to slag off Bentleigh did we. Yet another to write us off, keep these kind of posts coming, I'm enjoying it!

It seems you've got our team worked out in the 2's (coming off your 110 point loss to us in Round 5)...granted you had players out, but who doesn't on any given Saturday. You singled out player 46, who "sooked," apparently but basically turned the game on its head, playing on Warde Elliott, in the last quarter. Maybe, just maybe, the House after being 6 goals up at 3 qtr time, don't the legs to run out the games;) just my opinion.

Your midfield did dominate - but for only for 2 & 1/2 quarters
Our backline which "has horrible skills" has only had an average of 7 goals a game kicked against it..:confused: hmmm
Also not sure if our coach complains to the umpire every time we lose, its only happened twice this year!

So keep posting Gaelic, I'll enjoy them for a little bit of light humour & good luck for the 1st Semi against West Brunswick. I just hope for PowerHouse's sake they've extended the visas with Australia's immigration dept or I think they might be in trouble

Gaelic Amateur, lets just concentrate on West Brunswick this week and hopefully we'll get another chance to touch up Bentleigh in the finals.

Might not be great blokes (in general), but they obviously can play as their 16 - 2 record suggests - that needs to be respected.

Once again - the Bentleigh match is over. Lets focus on West Brunswick and no further.

How is the Bentleigh bloke who was involved in that 'car crash' at half forward in the 2s? - hope hes OK.

Ah the lid is back on at Powerhouse, now:rolleyes:, sadly it might be the 1st & last we hear from Gaelic if Vegemite narrows it down to who it is (shouldn't be too hard).
Will be a tough game for them against WB. Might even walk down & have a look

I saw him Saturday night & he seemed fine, although not as boistrious as usual for obvious reasons after feeling a little sore

Loving it guys. The passion is great.

Good luck to all the finals contenders this year. Great effort Bentleigh to be 16 and 2.
And St Marys who have obviously had a great year as well.

Looking forward to a very competitve finals series - as the results have shown in the last few weeks the competition has evened up a little towards the end of the year.

All things said it is great to play finals so all those who have worked to get there - Good Luck and enjoy!

How did that number 1 go? Taylor I think his name is. Good player.
Did Edwards win by much?

It was pretty close - Darren Baker was 2nd and Jake Whelan and Paul Sosic shared 3rd.

Tayls missed too much through injury, although I'm pretty sure he polled well against you guys 2nd time around despite getting injured in the 3rd quarter.

I just hope all of PowerHouse sake they've extended the visas with Australia's immigration dept or I think they might be in trouble

No worries Snipe we have some good conatcts in immigration. They are even supplying translaters for the finals so we can understand them for a change.

Only one question - why didn't you guys come up for a beer afterwards?

Its about time things livened up a bit on here..... keep it going, loving it!!!

Should be some cracking games this weekend in both the 1's & 2's!!!

No worries Snipe we have some good conatcts in immigration. They are even supplying translaters for the finals so we can understand them for a change.

Only one question - why didn't you guys come up for a beer afterwards?[/quote]

No idea bemused, it does seem a little rude. Personally I was coming down with the flu, so went home to get out of that wind. (Yeah I know already been told that a good remedy is: to take half a teaspoon of cement & harden the f**k up). Can't speak for the rest of the club I'm afraid

Its about time things livened up a bit on here..... keep it going, loving it!!!

Should be some cracking games this weekend in both the 1's & 2's!!!

Did the Saints take the Uni Boys too lightly?? The loss has cost them dearly (no double chance)! In all my years of playing footy I haven't heard a longer/louder/nastier "bake" than what the SMS seniors got after the game. Man it was loud - dropped my *** when he started! Too their credit the Saints were in attendance at the after match.

Love some comments on the senior umps from the saints Griff - your opinion?

Just a side issue, had UNI known the Hawks seconds were going to down the Magpies we would have won the reserves but ... we didn't so we can suck eggs I guess!

Only one question - why didn't you guys come up for a beer afterwards?

Poor form shown by Bentleigh not sticking around. Having a beer, and putting money into the oppostion clubs is what keeps clubs afloat and is the spirit of Ammatuer footy. The sooner the Bentleigh boys realise that the better.

I have always enjoyed Powerhouses drinks up stairs overlooking the ground and the lake.

Uni Highs quizmaster awards was my favourite awards of the year.

why would you go for a drink in your clubrooms when you are probably the worst bunch of blokes.. you went into the game to hurt the bentleigh players. all you did was when you got the ball you kicked it quickly so you didnt get hit but then snipe our players behind the ball. biggest bunch of weak dogs and you should be ashamed of the way you played the game on saturday.

but seeing the way you play footy you can see why you are not in the finals and were trying to avoid relegation.. i just love after the game your players and pointing at the scoreboard. we are playing finals with a 16-2 record.

So to all the scum down at PowerHouse ill leave you on this
Have A Shit One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back