D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very close Icebergs. The man who the greyhound is named after is making a 'one-off' appearance (depending on his form). Tony 'Crana' Carter will be lining up at FF in the magoos.

Can confirm that B.***** is back in the ones after proposing to his lovely GF during his week in Sydney last week. Congratulations Cocksy!:p

Very close Icebergs. The man who the greyhound is named after is making a 'one-off' appearance (depending on his form). Tony 'Crana' Carter will be lining up at FF in the magoos.

Can confirm that B.***** is back in the ones after proposing to his lovely GF during his week in Sydney last week. Congratulations Cocksy!:p

Mrs. *****

Its very juvenile I know... but

can also confirm that there is a 24 year age difference between the two!
with mr ***** being 43 and mrs ***** only 19!!!!!!!!!!

Well now that we are nearing the half way mark in the season what are everyones thoughts on how it's shapeing up? Any teams surprising with their results and any shocks???
Top 4-5 teams are looking fairly even which is really good for the competition! :thumbsu:

A couple of interesting result this week, with La trobe getting their first win, and Hawthorn smashing the JOC's. Honestly tho I expected Willy to win by more.

Dogmat - I was out at Eltham for the first time, interesting place. The Ground is large (MCG size did I hear?) but good surface, Eltham are a seriously good team, wouldnt be surprised at all to see them get promoted again this year. They have a lot of quick midfields and agressive strong bodies. Number 22 is just about the quickest bloke I have seen in D3 Football. #15 Tyson played a great game, dont think he was manned up all day by Monash and he killed us.

Coach H didnt play, which I guess was lucky for us, they seemed to have our measure all day long, with the other Gerrard looking dangerous up forward.

I feel that only Williamstown are realistic chances to beat Eltham at home, the Turtles have a decent home field advantage. Having said that I rate Monash a chance to beat them on the return game, and I would fancy other teams feel the same way.

Not that that the Umpiring effected the result of the game at all but what I witnessed on Saturday was pretty poor umpiring. The young kid looked as if he was hungover and not interested in being out there - He wouldn't get a job in the NAVY as a Signalman thats for sure.

I did feel that the Turtles were a little undeciplined and its something that Coach H may want to look at come finals time, number 7 blaming the umpires for him being dragged after giving away a clear 25 metre penalty.

Willy twos still streets ahead of the others.

Iceberg

Just letting every1 know that our galiant scribe nikkoteen will not be able to post for a little while he is still in hospital undergoing surgery on a broken leg. It was caused from a courageous marking effort in the uni high 2s win over powerhouse. All at uni high wish him a fast recovory

In some ways, I guess, you cannot argue with a 90 pts+ win, but the Willy v Swin game was a very scrappy affair for the most part. I am in no way being patronising when I say that the final margin did not reflect how well Swinburne served it up to Willy, especially in the first half. Alas, I cannot say the same for their 2's, who are really struggling. Thanks to those Swinny boys who hung around for a beer after the game.
I am glad Iceberg mentioned the umpiring. I think the Swinburne boys will wholeheartedly agree with me when I say that it was a very poor performance from the officiators at the Fearon on Saturday. The umpiring was so random that the players would literally have no idea which way the free-kick would go when the whistle blew...and the groans of frustration in the crowd told the story all day.
Last but not least, the Gasometer was amazed to be penalized 25 metres for disputing a free-kick decision against Cys, particularly when I was watching the game from the other side of the boundary. The ump blew his whistle, pointed to me, and said "25 metres against the crowd!" (Note that I did not swear or abuse the ump...I criticised his decision only with a "You are joking!!") Honestly, if this is where umpiring is heading in the Ammos, God help us all!

It's not too often you can win by almost by 100 points and be unhappy with the peformance ... personally I think the guys were still a little bit flat after a bruising affair with Monash ... Willy definitely not at their best this week and kudos to the Razorbacks for sticking to the task

Eltham won by the margin I predicted ... Ice, I agree with you re the fact that Eltham will be hard to beat at home. They seem to be the only team in D3's with a decent sized ground and if they play it well, with the speed of their midfield, will be a hard proposal for any of the D3 teams

St Johns disappointing again, Elsternwick dropped one that might hurt them and Uni High coming through the other highlights over the weekend

The Willy Magoos looking forward to their top of the table clash against UHS this week, which will go a long way in telling us whether anybody can put pressure on Willy in the 2's.

Surely UHS have been weakened by the broken leg injury to Nikoteen ...

ps - Chapelli who umpired the seniors on the weekend struggled ... but a classic piece of theatre when he revesered a free kick and angrily snatched the ball from one of the Willy players and hand it to Swinburne ... gold!!!

Been observing this post for a while now and would like to here a little bit about the players from each team. For something different, can people inform of the players they believe are vital to their sides hopes for the flag and who needs to be stopped from other teams, particularly seein the top 6 sides are all still in contention for the flag! Also who do people think would be polling well for the league b'n'f!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been observing this post for a while now and would like to here a little bit about the players from each team. For something different, can people inform of the players they believe are vital to their sides hopes for the flag and who needs to be stopped from other teams, particularly seein the top 6 sides are all still in contention for the flag! Also who do people think would be polling well for the league b'n'f!!

This forum is for lies, half-truths and unsubstantiated rumours. Take your facts elsewhere pal.

Boy are you lost......!!!

[ps - Chapelli who umpired the seniors on the weekend struggled ... but a classic piece of theatre when he revesered a free kick and angrily snatched the ball from one of the Willy players and hand it to Swinburne ... gold!!![/quote]

I agree, Dogmat, it was the highlight of the day! The only thing Mick the ump (Chappelli) didn't do was consume about 30 beers then sleep in his car like he used to when he visited Williamstown. He must be getting old! Ah, the good old days!!

Posters,.

I ventured out to the Fearon Reserve on Saturday to see the all conquering Willy Boys strut their stuff against an insipid Swinburne Pigs outfit.

Let's make no mistake here, the Pigs were embarassing. 3 goals up to 3/4 time was woeful and their fitness dropped off dramatically when Willy stepped it up another notch in the last stanza.

Willy's win was a great team effort with contributors across all lines. I have seen them a couple of times this season now and they are still clearly the team to beat.

Speaking of team efforts, The Zoo boys were fantasic as a unit in defeating the Lakers comfortably. After an even first quarter, the Zoo Boys went up a gear and left the Lakers struggling for answers. The one man goal machine that is Paul Edwards continued his good year kicking more than 50% of the House score booting 5 goals out of their 9 total.

Worrying signs now for the House as the gap starts to widen between them and the top 3 or 4. Also interesting to note is that despite the great Eddo, the House have the second worst attack in the competition (after Swinburne).

As for the Zoo boys, they are about where they should be at this point of the season.

The Hacks easily accounted for a disappointing St Johns outfit. The boys from Doveton don't like travelling and this may ultimately cost them a top 4 finish come September.

The Hacks continue to astound and are sitting pretty in 3rd place arrogantly thumbing their noses at the rest of the sides struggling below them.

The Indians failed another test against a big opposition when they fell short by 19 points against the Turtles. The game was close all day but the injury struck Turtles just had enough in the tank and held the Indians at bay.

Despite their much publicised big build up and recruiting drive, the Indians are falling off the pace...

And in the upset of the Round, The Drunks got over the Bowls Club in what was a high scoring and entertaining shoot out at the Postage Stamp Oval. Latrobe showed it could match some of the sides in the competition if everything falls their way and they surprised a cocky Bowls Club finishing strongly to win by 7 points.

The facts might show that Elsternwick have a worse last quarter record than Fremantle and the veterans might live to regret the one that got away.

The loss puts the Veterans "down among the dead men" while the Pigs and the Drunks might see a potential light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm Dee Three...that's my take.

Boy are you lost......!!!
I thought these posts were meant to be about footy for the footballers, anyways, ill leave it to you dee three your the man with the knowledge:thumbsdown:. I don't spend my w/ends going to watch d3 games i play in them so don't call me lost, keep up the good work dee three, sorry that should be Caroline Wilson.. haha

I thought these posts were meant to be about footy for the footballers, anyways, ill leave it to you dee three your the man with the knowledge:thumbsdown:. I don't spend my w/ends going to watch d3 games i play in them so don't call me lost, keep up the good work dee three, sorry that should be Caroline Wilson.. haha

dont worry bout him too much mate, anyone can read the results on the vafa website write a 2 line description based on that info whilst substituting in 'witty' names for each team and think theyre great. but it is a bit on the boring side these days, would much prefer a synopsis from rooster or marching.

dont worry bout him too much mate, anyone can read the results on the vafa website write a 2 line description based on that info whilst substituting in 'witty' names for each team and think theyre great. but it is a bit on the boring side these days, would much prefer a synopsis from rooster or marching.

Is any1 willing to have a stab at this weeks games then

UHSOB V WILLY: Im going to have to go uni by 7points
LATROBE V POWERHOUSE: Going for Latrobe by 10points
ELSTERNWICK V HAWTHORN: Elsternwick by 15 points
SWIN V MONASH: Monash by a fair bit
ST JOHNS V ELTHAM: Taking st joins by 5points

Is any1 willing to have a stab at this weeks games then

UHSOB V WILLY: Im going to have to go uni by 7points
LATROBE V POWERHOUSE: Going for Latrobe by 10points
ELSTERNWICK V HAWTHORN: Elsternwick by 15 points
SWIN V MONASH: Monash by a fair bit
ST JOHNS V ELTHAM: Taking st joins by 5points

Clearly you are drunk!

Bigwaz, where you been hiding? on the spaceship that landed on mars?? Some shocking selections there mate. I am not going to comment on your Willy vs Uni High selection as that would be unfair, but selecting Elsternwick to beat Hawthorn who had 48 scoring shots last week and St.Johns to beat Eltham who have been the only team to show something against Willy is rediculous!
Any thoughts on a half-way team of the year?

Bigwaz, where you been hiding? on the spaceship that landed on mars?? Some shocking selections there mate. I am not going to comment on your Willy vs Uni High selection as that would be unfair, but selecting Elsternwick to beat Hawthorn who had 48 scoring shots last week and St.Johns to beat Eltham who have been the only team to show something against Willy is rediculous!
Any thoughts on a half-way team of the year?

I think both Elstenwick and St johns are both very hard to beat at home the only thing that would stop them is injuries because both have no depth at all especially St johns. Im always going to pick uni high. Also think Latrobe are a huge chance to have another win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back