This year I can't see either of demoted sides making it, so ladder as follows:

Elsternwick
Powerhouse

Westbourne/West Brunswick/Kew/Monash

La Trobe/Ivanhoe

Swinburne/Hawthorn (hopefully)

Bring it on.

Is Tibia alive?

What are peoples thoughts on players to watch this year from each club?

What about Scott Dishon from West Brunswick. Don't know if he can play but he looks like Brian Straun.

Any other good look alikes in D3 this year.

I remember playing against "The Sheminator" and "Wee Man" (the Giant Dwarf) at Syndal Tally Ho. Also the biggest Hair Lick in amateur football at Old Westbourne, I think his name was Gav something, can anyone shed some light on this blokes name?

Do you think that Wicks, OW, Ivanhoe and Gryphons could borrow some players from Kew and Powerhouse to make sure D3 has a reserves comp this year ? But will that steal another premiership from Kew ?

Based on past form Kew and Gryphons will field a reserves side without a seniors side rather than vice-versa

Word on the street is that Irving is torn between staying with his current club and playing with some mates that are with Kew due to the merger...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

The fact that you call him Irving shows you've got no idea you parrot!

I'm quietly confident Billy'll be a magpie in the coming season. He's gone AWOL a couple of times, sometimes for a week at a time, and he's moving house soon, but that shouldn't affect the situation.

If he did go to Kew they win a reserves flag for sure!

What about Scott Dishon from West Brunswick. Don't know if he can play but he looks like Brian Straun.

I remember playing against "The Sheminator" and "Wee Man" (the Giant Dwarf) at Syndal Tally Ho. Also the biggest Hair Lick in amateur football at Old Westbourne, I think his name was Gav something, can anyone shed some light on this blokes name?

Gavan Flower, aka Gavin Flour - scribe, comedienne, and cowlick extraordinaire. He made the Fonz look like an amateur in his day - I haven't seen him for nigh on 6 months, I wonder how the fringe is holding up with stage 3 water restrictions?

Welcome back Hunter,

Go Strachnie!

I'm not sure if this has been spoken about before, but now that STH YARRA are up and running for this season, what impact on players will that have at Powerhouse if any.

That's not the magpies I meant.
We're the real magpies, Ivanhoe will have to call themselves the Charlie Chaplins.

Port Adelaide V Collingwood? POssible merger between Brunswick Power and West Brunswick?

I wasn't having a shot at West Bruns about getting 50 on the track, RedGum. I was having a go at those who are claiming to have 50 on the track (i.e. Kew & Powerhouse). It looks like Sth Yarra HAVE had an effect on Powerhouse numbers - they have increased.

West Brunswick's list is far from Priceless

So should we all avoid watching those two games when they come up this year knackers 2 ?

Maybe go and watch Kew and Powerhouse .....if we can get a car park with so many players. And may have to take a cut lunch, unless they have a HUGE canteen ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide V Collingwood? POssible merger between Brunswick Power and West Brunswick?

I wasn't having a shot at West Bruns about getting 50 on the track, RedGum. I was having a go at those who are claiming to have 50 on the track (i.e. Kew & Powerhouse). It looks like Sth Yarra HAVE had an effect on Powerhouse numbers - they have increased.

Saint, most welcome to come down on Monday night and have a look for yourself - Stradbroke Park 6.15pm. We are one of the lucky teams who are able to train on their ground so at the moment numbers are good. Will let you know about quality once we play practice matches.

We are having Club 18 this year so we need to get plenty of numbers at this time of year

So should we all avoid watching those two games when they come up this year knackers 2 ?

Maybe go and watch Kew and Powerhouse .....if we can get a car park with so many players. And may have to take a cut lunch, unless they have a HUGE canteen ?

Are you saying that people from Kew / Powerhouse cut peoples lunch?

Are you saying that people from Kew / Powerhouse cut peoples lunch?

I read it that they don't cut people's lunches; hence the necessity to bring one's own lunch already cut.

Admittedly I am no teacher of the English language, so I am open to correction...

I read it that they don't cut people's lunches; hence the necessity to bring one's own lunch already cut.

Admittedly I am no teacher of the English language, so I am open to correction...

It was not my intention to suggest such a thing. that would never happen at a football club ...would it ?.......but come to think of it, I think that one of the before mentioned clubs may have a history of that?

Gavan Flower, aka Gavin Flour - scribe, comedienne, and cowlick extraordinaire. He made the Fonz look like an amateur in his day - I haven't seen him for nigh on 6 months, I wonder how the fringe is holding up with stage 3 water restrictions?

Believe he was spotted prior to christmas playing cricket and having a run in with a West Brunswick forward who was square legging at the time. Not sure of the state of the cow lick as apparently there was too much smoke coming out his ears to see it.

Cant see the forward in question getting to many favourable write ups this year

Believe he was spotted prior to christmas playing cricket and having a run in with a West Brunswick forward who was square legging at the time. Not sure of the state of the cow lick as apparently there was too much smoke coming out his ears to see it.

Cant see the forward in question getting to many favourable write ups this year

Name names.

A lot of talk about departures with a few names being thrown around, and plenty of posts suggesting OW are losing a fair few young blokes. Does anybody know who these young blokes are and if anyone is actually leaving OW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back