D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway swinburne won not on there ability just on norths errors which probaly cost them the week before as we no thats footy u just need a bit of luck at the right time just like the goal from a free kick in the last minute which was a point mind u and swinny got the luck, but in saying that nth have only themselfs to blame!!!! doubt swinny will get close to monash and im sure monash were releaved after the game knowing they are only playing swinny not nth:D good luck and i hope it buckets down with lighting/hail storm u name it cause ill be nice and relaxed watching the races :thumbsu: Monash for the daily double both games 39+ get on know norm short $1.95 each of 2:rolleyes:[/quote]

Isn't winning because of another teams errors mean you have better ability? (because you didn't make said errors?)

Originally Posted by Plugger28
Good luck to BOTH teams - Im not in to beating up on teams - but my opinion is the Gryphons will be too good on the day. The injuries that MtL seemed to be serious - is there any news on Rhodes? How bad is the knee?

I'm told that Rhodes, Pullka both didn't train last night as they both have done acl and will have knee reco. Hooke has a busted hand so I guess he'll be running water.[/quote]

What about Thorne? Fruitloop, didn't really reappear after quarter time.

Who will play CHF, Rhodes is a huge loss, was your best player in the semi final I thought.

rosejam maybe the nth brunswick person was having ago at ur dog player vjay singh as he has prevented a person from playing football ever again due to his head high hit if we had umpires would have gone for 10weeks, thats the issue palying 2nds players think there tough as when there own umpires controll the game and do what they want and then when its down to the buisness end go soft:eek::eek: saying that would have been the first time the nth person has been seen him since that round i noticed he didn't play in the 2nd semi probably to scared.

A single act on a football field is not a reflection of a mans character. Vijay Singh is an excellent golfer and a terrific bloke. M.Lloyd didnt mean to kill Brad Sewell in round 22 last year.

Punctuation however is an excellent indication of intelligence. Broken keyboard? Or do you just hate fullstops and commas.

Burn in hell redneck.

I'm told that Rhodes, Pullka both didn't train last night as they both have done acl and will have knee reco. Hooke has a busted hand so I guess he'll be running water.

Who will play CHF, Rhodes is a huge loss, was your best player in the semi final I thought.[/quote]

I'm sure Thorne played most of the game, Rhodes will be tough for the club to replace as will be Hooke + Pullka who came 1 + 2 in the b&f last year and who were playing just as well now

Who will play CHF, Rhodes is a huge loss, was your best player in the semi final I thought

I'm sure Thorne played most of the game, Rhodes will be tough for the club to replace as will be Hooke + Pullka who came 1 + 2 in the b&f last year and who were playing just as well now

It's a real shame, no one deserves to miss a final because of injury, especially a grand final.

Who am I thinking of then, long sleeves, tall, lanky guy who plays in the backline. Is that Hooke? Was a good solid contributor the time we played you earlier in the year but can't find a name in the record. 28 I think, but might be wrong which may be what's throwing me.

Johnny's love child Tom Wall will need to have a huge game, as will Sean Gibson now. Both were good against the Cobras

Anyway, I'm starting to get bored of 2010 with my team out, so I've started a D4 2011 thread for anyone interested.

Who am I thinking of then, long sleeves, tall, lanky guy who plays in the backline. Is that Hooke? Was a good solid contributor the time we played you earlier in the year but can't find a name in the record. 28 I think, but might be wrong which may be what's throwing me.

I think that'd be Byrnes? Runs his mouth a lot (naturally), but is lightning quick and can play.

Monash will win easy Saturday. The mountain men are underdone, they are slow starters and have a number of serious injuries. Not to mention there terrible back-line.

Monash will win easy Saturday. The mountain men are underdone, they are slow starters and have a number of serious injuries. Not to mention there terrible back-line.

been watch closely knock chops, slow start last week and allowed 3 goals in down back, obviously at the wrong game saturday:confused:

fruitloop(u r obviously a mountain man) The cobras were no chop at all... My veiw is concerning when they have previosly came up against Monash.

fruitloop(u r obviously a mountain man) The cobras were no chop at all... My veiw is concerning when they have previosly came up against Monash.

live in cbd but yeah a mm....have beaten Monash once which means our backline did better than their's on the day...who knows maybe again..here's hoping

Fruitloop is the rumor true that Pullka is playing Saturday? I didn't think it was possible after doing an ACL

Hello All,

Fantastic game in the two’s last week with Swinny getting over the peanut factory workers and Lilydale disposing of a Manningham side that didn’t fire a shot.

2’s review

The conditions did not seem to worry either team on the day as the skills of both sides would have held up against most senior sides outside the top 5 – Or were we watching the seniors? Who knows, but it was certainly an enthralling hit out none the less. Conditions in the peanut factory must have been bad during the week as the brunny boys rubbed salt into their own wounds with numerous red cards and send off’s. Fella’s keep your industrial disputes off the footy field for god sake – Number 9 the message is clear, outsource your labour from India or China as these fella’s are no good.
1’s review

Lilydale did it comfortably over Manningham which surprised me to be honest! The bigger bodies of Manningham told me that the wet conditions would play to their favour but they showed no physical presence on the day. The mountain boys were too good on the day: Stewart, Gower having their best games for the year and Wall and Gibson putting on a great show.

Good luck to all at the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who people will be barracking for or who people will be tipping?

Monash in both grades. Only one more game for each grade for my prediction from earlier in the season to become a reality. Depth of talent and numbers have got them to this point but they won't be resting on their laurels. They will be ready to fire this Saturday. Looking forward to both games and singing the song (twice).

good luck to the monash gryphons seniors as they vie for their first ever vafa premiership.

& also to the monash gryphons reserves as they have another crack at the big one.

i remember being at jack barker reserve in cheltenham in 2006 for the bentleigh v south melbourne districts d3 seniors grand final & when the gryphs as a club were last in a grand final, they held a 5 point lead (leading all day) against kew.

at the 34 minute mark, a ball-up ensued in the kew forward line, a kew player climbed over the pack, grabbed the t w & snapped truly for a 1 point lead.

the ball went quickly back to the middle & as soon as it was bounced (yes, BOUNCED - remember that??), the siren sounded... HEARTBREAKING!!

Belated congrats to both the tax dodgers and wailing banshees. 2 best teams all year by a fair margin.

For what it's worth, I reckon most will be happy to see the blue and yellow farck off. (had to put that in - you would all be disappointed if I didn't!)

Here's a couple of things to ponder;

If the drought has now broken, will the blue and yellow ground / sludgepit be under water for the 2011 season? IMHO, keeping players will be difficult as who wants to play at a substitute ground or on an oval 10 inches under water every second week? Not to mention the off-field $$$$ to keep things "afloat" (pun intended)

Best wishes to all in the GF and looking forward to 2011 already!

Preliminary Final Preview

Rams over Cobras by 9 Pts (The 5th of June was a key date in this season for two reasons. Firstly, Round 9 was arguably played in the wettest conditions of the year, and secondly it was the beginning of Manningham’s push for finals. On that particular day, they went to St James’ Park and destroyed The Razorbacks in such conditions that may seem benign compared to this weekend. I smell an upset on the cards if the Cobras can play the sort of tough football that has so epitomised their brand this year. Still, the fact remains that The Rams have had the better of Manningham on three occasions already and all have been with relative ease. The two sides may be brought closer together with the inclement weather; but my head tells me that Mt Lilydale will have their noses in front at the final bell. Coonan and De Vercelli to keep the Cobras in touch but Wall and Stuart to be too good).

Prelim Review

1/1 (74/93 cumulative)

It seems many of us over-rated the Cobras chances as they were ultimately disappointing when it counted. The question is however, How depleted were Manningham? And how good are the Rams? I’m not sure we’ll find out until this weekend but the likes of Al Stewart, Mark Gower and Tommy Wall really stood up when the pressure was on. Even though the game was technically still a contest until three quarter time, the writing was on the wall far earlier and it was clear who the superior outfit was. For the Cobras, a fine improvement in 2010 indeed, and they can certainly take pride in their achievements. However, they will have to recruit a couple of quality backs, both key position and running, if they are to go one better in 2011. Congratulations to Mt Lilydale for being promoted to D3 as they have proven all year they are at least the second best side going around and just maybe the finest…

Congratulations are also in order for the Razorbacks whose season has had some major setbacks, but are looking to salvage something in the heroics of their reserve eighteen.

Grand Final Preview

Gryphons over Rams by 41 Pts (Let me be clear. The two best sides of 2010 are contesting the Grand Final and this is a positive, however, when these two sides met two weeks ago, Monash won in a canter. I for one expected a closer contest on that day and was overwhelmed by the Gryphs dominance at every level. It is for this reason primarily, that I see a similar scoreline eventuating at the weekend. Just where are The Rams going to win it? Lee Wells, Dan Baxter and Luke Wilson will mitigate their forwards and run off at will, exposing Mt Lilydale’s lack of pace in the forward line. Similarly, expect the on-ball division of McConville, Leeton, Rutherford and Mackie to get first use of the ball in the guts. Add to the mix a forward line boasting the likes of Wills, Allen, Flowerday, Malloy and Pocock and the East Caulfield boys look unbeatable. The Rams best chance will be to win the toss and kick with the predicted strong breeze, taking many chances to play on, in order to get the ball to Justin Roberts in a one on one contest with Harry Madden. If they can get an early lead, we will have a contest for at least three quarters and you never know, it may result in an upset. Of course, the Rams will also look to Tommy Wall and Al Stewart for inspiration, but I’m sure the Gryphons will look to tag them. I wish I could envisage a classic but I fear not. Matt Fletcher to win the A.K. White Medal for best afield).

Gryphons over Razorbacks by 18 Pts (Expect a much more even contest in the curtain raiser, but Monash should have the answers when it counts. Ben Rose to be best on Ground).

Good luck to all

Quasi

good luck to the monash gryphons seniors as they vie for their first ever vafa premiership.

& also to the monash gryphons reserves as they have another crack at the big one.

i remember being at jack barker reserve in cheltenham in 2006 for the bentleigh v south melbourne districts d3 seniors grand final & when the gryphs as a club were last in a grand final, they held a 5 point lead (leading all day) against kew.

at the 34 minute mark, a ball-up ensued in the kew forward line, a kew player climbed over the pack, grabbed the t w & snapped truly for a 1 point lead.

the ball went quickly back to the middle & as soon as it was bounced (yes, BOUNCED - remember that??), the siren sounded... HEARTBREAKING!!
ressies were down all day in that game stewie. only hit the front with a few minutes to spare. I remember it well, and still have nightmares over the final result!!!

ressies were down all day in that game stewie. only hit the front with a few minutes to spare. I remember it well, and still have nightmares over the final result!!!

So do I;)

Have the DVD if you ever want to borrow it:)

Good Luck to you guys on the weekend and especially to JOHNNY!!!

Hopefully you can get the Gorilla off your backs!!

The question is however, How depleted were Manningham? And how good are the Rams?

Severely, but although the final score may have changed I don't think the result would have.

The Rams are good, but suspect that they are (were) 4 goals better than Manningham (the game at the neutral venue was the best example of the two teams in good form playing each other to compare results). I suspect that Monash are a 4 goal better team than the Rams.

From the above, and knowing the significant injuries already disclosed to the Rams, I suspect Monash will win reasonably comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back