D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Penn, Chaddy came close today but I cannot see them getting over Eley Park next week so you had better PM me with your club so I can make good on my bet of 1 weeks ump fees on your bar.
Tugger

PS well done to Chaddy today,a creditable 11 point loss to Cobras,augers well for next year.

RC win both games down at Citation... A massive day! Both games were neck and neck till the end. Everyone was on the edge of their seats all day.

The twos were neck and neck until there was a too High freekick and an unexplainable!!!!!!!!!!! (big waz) 25 metre penalty which guaranteed a goal to put Richmond in front!!!

The twos were neck and neck until there was a too High freekick and an unexplainable!!!!!!!!!!! (big waz) 25 metre penalty which guaranteed a goal to put Richmond in front!!!
Good to see Waz contributing more now as an umpire than he did as a player towards their victorys . It will be interesting during finals when they aren't kicking with a three goal wind for the 4 quarters !!

Obviously this Fairbanks guy has been a pretty handy pickup! 2012 is looking like the year they finally grab a win.

A massive unit who doesn't get moved off the ball. If the Chad can find a way to get the ball inside their forward line he'll kick a heap of goals. Doesn't get outmarked, so if they can get a decent crumber to go with him they'll put a heap of pressure on.

I spoke to one of the SM players after the game and they agreed the 25m penalty was just. At the other end of the ground, your big blonde unit can't go near the contest without giving away a free kick. Every second tackle he made was high.

I spoke to one of the SM players after the game and they agreed the 25m penalty was just. At the other end of the ground, your big blonde unit can't go near the contest without giving away a free kick. Every second tackle he made was high.

the free kick was for the high contact.. fair enough, but what exactly was the 25m penalty for???

the free kick was for the high contact.. fair enough, but what exactly was the 25m penalty for???

come on guys we all know wat the 25m penalty was given for "2nd chance in finals"
wont matter any way with south losing by only a few points with the free kick count being 18-6 from waz i think that south will do the job on the day with neutral umpires!

Waz has been manipulating the results of close Richmond Centrals 2's games for years now.

Why has it suddenly become an issue, it is something the rest of the comp has just learnt to live with.

How is that a club as well located and successful in terms of participants hasn't been able to find a 2's umpire who isn't:
a) the president and b) the clubs most die hard fan.

Every other club seems to find one.

Maybe Waz doesnt want to relinquish any control.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting results from the weekend. The finals now appear settled, with only 4th position in the reserves up for grabs. It will be interesting to see how Nth Brunswick and SFX approach the game, will one or both teams stack to ensure they make it through ???

Seems as if bigwaz is copping a bit of stick on here. From what I have seen RC are a good enough team to be in the top 4, however it would surprise me if SM didn't have their measure in the second semi. RC have a couple of really good older players, however SM should get a few back from the seniors and get the job done.

I'm predicting an EP -v- SFX grand final in the seniors and an SM- v - Ep in the ressies. Let the fun begin.

Waz has been manipulating the results of close
How is that a club as well located and successful in terms of participants hasn't been able to find a 2's umpire who isn't:

I was impressed with Point Cooks ressies umpire on the weekend. If anything, he was too impartial and had the point cook bench screaming at him on a few occasions. I think though the best twos umpire this year has to be the bloke from SFX. Does a great job and uses both his eyes!

I was impressed with Point Cooks ressies umpire on the weekend. If anything, he was too impartial and had the point cook bench screaming at him on a few occasions. I think though the best twos umpire this year has to be the bloke from SFX. Does a great job and uses both his eyes!

Nth Brunswick reserves umpire by the length of the Flemington straight..............

Waz has been manipulating the results of close Richmond Centrals 2's games for years now.

Why has it suddenly become an issue, it is something the rest of the comp has just learnt to live with.

Nice and easy to kick a bloke for having a go, do you help out around your club? (And I don't just mean getting drunk and making d*ck jokes at functions). Can you play a game without an umpire (I'll answer that one NO) so surely the odd decision either way isn't a bad thing? If you are playing reserves footy in D4 amateurs I don't think the umpiring would be your biggest issue (massive lack of ability maybe) I would suggest that the players just like the umpires are just out there for fun.
I would expect that SM should easily account for Richmond in the finals but it will have more to do with the seniors going out in the first final than umpiring!!

I enjoy umpiring... I would do it for another team if I had nothing to do with RC.

I didn't get any complaints from the SM boys in round 1 when they were 15 goals up... Same umpire, most of the same players?

I enjoy umpiring... I would do it for another team if I had nothing to do with RC.

I didn't get any complaints from the SM boys in round 1 when they were 15 goals up... Same umpire, most of the same players?

Biggest complaint about umpiring is getting stick from your own players.
Second biggest is getting stick from opposition players.

Biggest joke is some blokes tickets on their own ability.

Was is a long way from the worst umpire I've encountered this year.

One admitted to me that he was cheating, another called imaginary free kicks whenever one of his team lost a contest. I had a free kick called against me for in the back in front of goal... when I took a mark in front of the opponent...

Some of the umpiring in the ressies is actually of a higher quality than what the VAFa put out for the seniors.

Anyway good luck to those in the finals, I'm tipping an SFX v SM ressies GF and SFX v RC seniors.

Good to see Waz contributing more now as an umpire than he did as a player towards their victorys . It will be interesting during finals when they aren't kicking with a three goal wind for the 4 quarters !!

come on guys we all know wat the 25m penalty was given for "2nd chance in finals"
wont matter any way with south losing by only a few points with the free kick count being 18-6 from waz i think that south will do the job on the day with neutral umpires!

South Mornington lost and are whipping out more excuses than a pregnant nun. You cannot blame the umpire you *****, RC had plenty of chances to finish you off at the end, you're fortunate that big Trojan couldn't kick over a jam tin!

Waz might make some bad decisions at times but all umpires do and he is by no means a cheat!

How about you realise RC had your measure on the day, be gracious in defeat and if you have confidence in your ability come out and beat them in the finals. Never heard so many blokes having a cry, you're all worse than a bunch of gay blokes watching the notebook!

Back to the future....

SFX v NB in the reserves this week... Will it be the seniors (or some of) of both sides running out in the early game? I'm guessing it'll be a very high standard! Notaro in the ressies this week?

Other games to watch...

SM v BHN - EP and RC will be dying to see a massive upset.
RC v PC - EP and SM will be dying to see an upset.

EP v Chadstone - EP will need to win by around 500 points to claim second spot.

SM v Manningham - I'm guessing a few SM seniors will be running around in the reserves to qualify for finals. This'll give the Manningham seniors a head start.

South Mornington lost and are whipping out more excuses than a pregnant nun. You cannot blame the umpire you *****, RC had plenty of chances to finish you off at the end, you're fortunate that big Trojan couldn't kick over a jam tin!

Waz might make some bad decisions at times but all umpires do and he is by no means a cheat!

How about you realise RC had your measure on the day, be gracious in defeat and if you have confidence in your ability come out and beat them in the finals. Never heard so many blokes having a cry, you're all worse than a bunch of gay blokes watching the notebook!

I'm tipping that you are either a RC player or die hard supporter ?? Strong words for the SM boys !

Its only 2s footy and in the end neither club will not get promoted on the back of a 2s premiership. A good thing for the players involved, thats it. All umpires get it wrong sometimes,as do players, coaches and supporters, some just standout more than others.

"Gracious",bit rich coming from RC.
Can't seem to recall Bigwaz has answered yet "what the 25mtr penalty was for"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back