D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey HBB thx for today good luck for the season and as usual great turn up by Canterbury in the rooms.
Ramjets I have heard on the grapevine that Canterbury have lost quite a few from last season, so how did they compare to previous seasons and also what was the final results in the 1's and 2's ?. Thanks mate

Ramjets I have heard on the grapevine that Canterbury have lost quite a few from last season, so how did they compare to previous seasons and also what was the final results in the 1's and 2's ?. Thanks mate
Only played the one game against them unavailabilities was an issue for both teams.That said they have lost a couple of their top end players they are confident they have covered that. As far as a score goes I couldn't tell you as I never focus on scoring in praccy games it doesn't mean a lot. The players felt we controlled the second half and got over them but it was a usual Canterbury v Westbourne game they are a super competitive club that I think will be in the top 3 or 4 in Div 3 they have West Brunny this week and cricket should be done so see how that goes.

Hey HBB thx for today good luck for the season and as usual great turn up by Canterbury in the rooms.
Thanks to you and all at Westbourne for giving us a great day. That ground is like playing on the fairway at Huntingdale! As usual Westbourne looked after us and it was a good hitout. We were probably on top in the first half but with Nish and Johnsy added to the second half they pretty much blew us away. But a great chance for us to look at some of the new faces at the Cobras.
Get on Westbourne. This is their year. (Sorry Ramjets, I know you'd like it to be low key but it will soon become obvious that you are going to take some beating).

75 We have lost a few. Overseas trips, retirements etc., but we are confident that we have also picked up some talent. Typical Canterbury at the moment - hard to get the numbers for practice matches.

Only played the one game against them unavailabilities was an issue for both teams.That said they have lost a couple of their top end players they are confident they have covered that. As far as a score goes I couldn't tell you as I never focus on scoring in praccy games it doesn't mean a lot. The players felt we controlled the second half and got over them but it was a usual Canterbury v Westbourne game they are a super competitive club that I think will be in the top 3 or 4 in Div 3 they have West Brunny this week and cricket should be done so see how that goes.
So reading between the lines, you dominated a D3 finalist, which would in turn say you are equivalent to D3 Top 2, so no need to play this year, time to hand over the D4 Cup.

So reading between the lines, you dominated a D3 finalist, which would in turn say you are equivalent to D3 Top 2, so no need to play this year, time to hand over the D4 Cup.
Just tried to give an honest answer to 75,s question if you want to interpret that the way you have good on you. We finished second last year and went straight out we don't take anything for granted three years ago we lost every game no one at our club truly has the right to get ahead of themselves.

Heard Manningham had most players doubling up for ones and twos on Saturday against Doveton - is that right - Are numbers ok?

Springvale Districts (Div 2 SFL) are looking for a practice match for either Friday April 1st (NIGHT) or Saturday April 2nd (DAY)

Seniors & Reserves. @ our ground

Please send any enquiries to 0423 332 068

Cheers.

I've been perusing the clearances and have discovered the following gem.

Source Dest. Player Name Result App. Date
Eastern Football League (EFL) Mt Lilydale OC Farrugia, Adam Pending 17/03/2016

I wonder if they know what they've got themselves into ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed McPherson back at Cobras - Has to be at least 43-44. If he's fit could still slam home 50+

Round 1 Tips
Masala v North Brunswick - Brunny by 10 goals
Box Hill v Point Cook - Bok Hill by 5 goals
Manningham v Westbourne - Westy by 20 goals
Eley Park v Mt Liydale - Goat Herders by 2 goals
Chadstone v BYE - Draw

Ressies
NB, BH, WB, EP, BYE

Westbourne just sneaking through another GUN......

everyone playing for second

Table tennis, are all these guys returning back to Westbourse as their pockets are full of cash from all the clubs they have been at or is it something else?
Lets be honest, its not like their going there to be part of a good club.

Table tennis, are all these guys returning back to Westbourse as their pockets are full of cash from all the clubs they have been at or is it something else?
Lets be honest, its not like their going there to be part of a good club.

Bit harsh. A lot of them are past players or students from the school, so there is probably some love for their club.

A good club..... I'd like to know your definition of good club. Westbourne is far from a bad club. Something I couldn't honestly say the same about other clubs in this division

Bit harsh. A lot of them are past players or students from the school, so there is probably some love for their club.

A good club..... I'd like to know your definition of good club. Westbourne is far from a bad club. Something I couldn't honestly say the same about other clubs in this division

Shittest D4 Clubs Ladder (based on quality of blokes)
1. Mt Lilydale
2. Eley Park
3. Manningham
4. Chadstone
5. Westbourne
6. Box Hill
7. Point Cook
8. North Brunswick
9. Masala

Round 1 Tips
Masala v North Brunswick - Brunny by 10 goals
Box Hill v Point Cook - Bok Hill by 5 goals
Manningham v Westbourne - Westy by 20 goals
Eley Park v Mt Liydale - Goat Herders by 2 goals
Chadstone v BYE - Draw

Ressies
NB, BH, WB, EP, BYE

Agree

Shittest D4 Clubs Ladder (based on quality of blokes)
1. Mt Lilydale
2. Eley Park
3. Manningham
4. Chadstone
5. Westbourne
6. Box Hill
7. Point Cook
8. North Brunswick
9. Masala

Chaddy's a bit high, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.