Damian Barrett, Herald Sun - bravo!

Remove this Banner Ad

He has been a true champion for our cause facing the AFL without fear nor favour. I know he has taken personal abuse from Demetriou and his cronies and is considered public enemy number one by the AFL. He dared to challenge what they said and did not just blindly accept the spin they trotted out week after week like Caro and Patrick did.
He delved into the figures and was the only media guy to have the balls to tell the facts.
He went and did his work - others just accepted the spin and have damaged their own brand.
Bravo Damian - the North Melbourne Football Club owes you!
Thanks.

Here here. He's been a mountain and it was great to hear JB mention his name on stage yesterday along with Rohan Connolly.

I believe he bit in with the first question at AD's presser yesterday too, with a biting question about the lack of a stadium deal.

He has been a true champion for our cause facing the AFL without fear nor favour. I know he has taken personal abuse from Demetriou and his cronies and is considered public enemy number one by the AFL. He dared to challenge what they said and did not just blindly accept the spin they trotted out week after week like Caro and Patrick did.
He delved into the figures and was the only media guy to have the balls to tell the facts.
He went and did his work - others just accepted the spin and have damaged their own brand.
Thanks.

Ditto gokangas.
:thumbsu:
You are a man of integrity Damien, a true North Man, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here here. He's been a mountain and it was great to hear JB mention his name on stage yesterday along with Rohan Connolly.

I believe he bit in with the first question at AD's presser yesterday too, with a biting question about the lack of a stadium deal.

Sure was Damian and you could see the look in Andy's eyes. Anyone AD hates is a true friend of mine.:D

I want everyone to realise that Damian has paid a professional price for his guts in standing up to the AFL.
Send him a thank you message - barrettd@heraldsun.com.au
Let him know he is one of our heroes in this battle.

I want everyone to realise that Damian has paid a professional price for his guts in standing up to the AFL.
Send him a thank you message - barrettd@heraldsun.com.au
Let him know he is one of our heroes in this battle.

Dear Mr Barrett,

Allow me to be brief. My name is Chad, and I'm a lifelong North Melbourne supporter, living in Adelaide. Your articles in the Herald Sun were nothing short of spectacular. It was an amazing breath of fresh air to witness real investigative journalism once again, rather than 'journalism' masquerading as just a rehashed AFL media release.

All North supporters will remember your courage and insight in reporting the real facts about the inadequacies of the AFL offer, the fact that other journalists were ignorantly reporting mistruths and rumours, and the fact that you had the fortitude to be face to face with Mr Demetriou and call him out.

Please accept my humble and sincere gratitude.

Regards,

Chad

Thanks.
One of the best Journos going around.

Thankyou heaps.

Here is my thanks to Damo.

To Damian,

As a long time North Melbourne supporter I had to email you to say thankyou for your courage to report the facts when it came to the gold coast relocation issue & for also standing up against the AFL & there propaganda. I also like to thankyou for being a real journo & actually quoting people unlike sum other journo's who saw it fit to report fictional crap. Thanks again.

Ditto gokangas.
:thumbsu:
You are a man of integrity Damien, a true North Man, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You don't know the half of it.

The guy refused to accept free entry to the Roo-sistence gig.

Insisted upon paying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And heres mine

Hi Damian

I would like to thankyou sincerely for you forthright journalism into what has been a huge battle for us the supporters of the wonderful North Melbourne Football Club.
All kudos to you when other journo's took the easy option you fought the battle along with us and we will be forever grateful.
Keep up the great work and keep us there on the back page with lots more good news stories.
You are a credit to your profession unlike others in your industry
Regards

Karen

Keep up the thank you emails - all builds brownie points for another time.

Thanks to everyone who has already sent one.

Just sent mine, GK. Great idea.

Told him he was a true professional and a true hero of the NMFC.

I sent mine earlier in the day...

Hello Damian,

I would like to thank you for being one of the few sports reporters in this country that can justify calling themselves a journalist. You were the only one to question the AFL, to research the facts. Rather than just blurt the AFL propaganda you had the courage to report the facts and have provided the only avenue to the truth in the media for North Melbouorne supporters and have allowed us to make an educated decision on the best course for our future based on the facts.

The North Melbourne Football Club and all the members and supporters owe you a debt of gratitude. It is never popular to stand out alone against those content to just print what the AFL tells them to print. The truth is a powerful weapon and the AFL tried their best to keep it away from us and in the process we almost lost our club based on a vague promise of future prosperity that had no factual evidence to back that up.

You probably wont be on the speed dial by the AFL cronies for what you have done or win any AFL award, which I am sure will go to some AFL propaganda puppet, but you have our eternal gratitude and I hope that counts for something.

Regards,

Tas

I'll send similar thanks to Rohan Connally and Mark Fine also deserve to be commended for their efforts. Does anyone have Rohan's email address?

I sent mine earlier - sorry, Rohan, but I've switched over.

Hi Damian, didn’t get to meet you at the gig last week but wanted to thank you for your reporting of the leadup to yesterday’s momentous decision by the NMFC. If there’s a price to pay for choosing not to be a PR arm of the AFL, I hope it is well and truly outweighed by the value the Herald Sun sees of being well ahead on all the news of this story – and from now on I’d hope having inside running on anything to do with the great story of the revival of North Melbourne. I’ve always been an Age reader and it has switched my vote and my money to your paper for good, so tell them that!

Plus you’ve got the gratitude of North people everywhere, for what that’s worth. This whole process has been an eye-opener and we won’t forget who has stayed professional and sought the truth and who has chosen to be a stooge for the AFL.

Thanks so much,

I sent one off to Damian. I think it's important those who were balanced in their reporting and actually did some research be thanked.

Do not underestimate how important their influence was, as without a dissenting voice in the media we may very well have been dead and buried. They will also play a part in assisting us rebuild our grand club.

I spoke to Damian last night and he was quite taken aback by the emails he had received. he was very grateful and, as a true NMFC member, very excited by the outcome. Its not too late to add to the emails if you have a moment.
He is one of us.

I spoke to Damian last night and he was quite taken aback by the emails he had received. he was very grateful and, as a true NMFC member, very excited by the outcome. Its not too late to add to the emails if you have a moment.
He is one of us.

That's fantastic.

Logic seemed to be restored to the galaxy on the days there were a Barrett article about the GC. They certainly lifted my spirits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Damian Barrett, Herald Sun - bravo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back