Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Houston said on the radio he wasn't going'. Man, the amount of times I heard this from Port fans made me tear my hair out.
Honestly I’ve never seen a fan so pleased to see their clubs primary trade target move to an opposition club. Especially weird given that it only happened because of the gross mismanagement of their marquee player.

But yeah it’s a win for Melbourne because Port fans are upset I guess?

Honestly I’ve never seen a fan so pleased to see their clubs primary trade target move to an opposition club. Especially weird given that it only happened because of the gross mismanagement of their marquee player.

But yeah it’s a win for Melbourne because Port fans are upset I guess?
yeah, because kissing away precious first rounders for a guy that isn't going to make any difference to winning a flag is a dumb list decision. So I'm super glad we missed out on him. Thanks Trac for being a narcissistic sook!

So Houston brings Pies from a bottom 8 team to 7th? cool.

This is so funny to me because he essentially gets to wear the prison bars every match now

Only just occurred to me how the relationship with these clubs has been

Gonna be annoying seeing the pies have a 65m pinpoint kick belting it outside of D50 🤣
When you move to the Magpies after being stuck at the Temu Magpies all your career 👍🏻

yeah, because kissing away precious first rounders for a guy that isn't going to make any difference to winning a flag is a dumb list decision. So I'm super glad we missed out on him. Thanks Trac for being a narcissistic sook!

If you don’t understand the importance of precise ball movement out of the defensive 50 in todays game then you don’t really understand footy at all tbh.

If you don’t understand the importance of precise ball movement out of the defensive 50 in todays game then you don’t really understand footy at all tbh.
where did I say that? can you show me? Sure, Houston is a good player. Is your comprehension that poor that you can't understand that its unwise for some clubs who are no where near the premiership window to chase a good player? Houston will be very good for 3 years. Meanwhile, you've got an aging list with Tasmania coming. And are now further away from winning a flag due to throwing valuable picks away. Something the dees avoided.

The dees came 14th this year, with no backup ruck for life after Gawn. No fullback for life after May, no midfield depth and no big key forwards to help Van Rooyen so can you tell me how Houston gets us from 14th to 1st in 3 years? I'll await your response.

Footy is about winning flags not being 'relevant' by coming 5th-12th

where did I say that? can you show me? Sure, Houston is a good player. Is your comprehension that poor that you can't understand that its unwise for some clubs who are no where near the premiership window to chase a good player? Houston will be very good for 3 years. Meanwhile, you've got an aging list with Tasmania coming. And are now further away from winning a flag due to throwing valuable picks away. Something the dees avoided.

The dees came 14th this year, with no backup ruck for life after Gawn. No fullback for life after May, no midfield depth and no big key forwards to help Van Rooyen so can you tell me how Houston gets us from 14th to 1st in 3 years? I'll await your response.

Back where you belong, near the bottom

I agree it’s about winning flags. Collingwood might have missed finals this year but they were also 2 games and percentage away from top 4. With two draws and a horrible injury run. They beat the team who became premiers at the end of the season and came within a whisker of beating the minor premiers at their home ground. They just addressed their two biggest deficiencies
They recruited to fill their two biggest needs this off season. The pies are aiming to win flags. Melbourne are aiming to become mediocre again.
Gonna enjoy seeing Petracca run around in black and white and Oliver run around in hoops in 2026.

I agree it’s about winning flags. Collingwood might have missed finals this year but they were also 2 games and percentage away from top 4. With two draws and a horrible injury run. They beat the team who became premiers at the end of the season and came within a whisker of beating the minor premiers at their home ground. They just addressed their two biggest deficiencies
They recruited to fill their two biggest needs this off season. The pies are aiming to win flags. Melbourne are aiming to become mediocre again.
Gonna enjoy seeing Petracca run around in black and white and Oliver run around in hoops in 2026.
I actually agree with you to a certain degree. If you think that Houston could make the difference between a flag and not winning a flag than thats fine. I don't agree that he makes that difference but if you do then I can understand why you're excited about Houston.

You won 2 more games than the dees, who had worse injuries and we also beat or challenged a lot of the best teams.

Collingwood are so old, and your list is now a year older. I want Petracca and Oliver to go. More picks to generate a premiership winning list.We're closer to a flag than you are. Because you'll probably go up to 7th and then crash to bottom 3 such is your list. You've got 0 good kids outside of Daicos. Dees have pick 5 and 9, to join Windsor and McVee etc.

You didn't explain to me how Houston would win the dees a flag. I knew you couldn't answer that question.

I actually agree with you to a certain degree. If you think that Houston could make the difference between a flag and not winning a flag than thats fine. I don't agree that he makes that difference but if you do then I can understand why you're excited about Houston.

You won 2 more games than the dees, who had worse injuries and we also beat or challenged a lot of the best teams.

Collingwood are so old, and your list is now a year older. I want Petracca and Oliver to go. More picks to generate a premiership winning list.We're closer to a flag than you are. Because you'll probably go up to 7th and then crash to bottom 3 such is your list. You've got 0 good kids outside of Daicos. Dees have pick 5 and 9, to join Windsor and McVee etc.

You didn't explain to me how Houston would win the dees a flag. I knew you couldn't answer that question.
The only thing I took from this is that you have really no idea about where the Magpies list is actually at and are just parroting Kane Cornes.

Pies haven't finished bottom 8 since 2021

Cool, we can win it from there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back