Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think they made the right decision to head to the draft

and to use their salary cap in other areas
I was impressed and relieved that for once my team had a clear plan from the start (I.e the draft) and didn't jump on the new shiny thing or give in to a saviour complex. Been a long time coming.

I was impressed and relieved that for once my team had a clear plan from the start (I.e the draft) and didn't jump on the new shiny thing or give in to a saviour complex. Been a long time coming.
i am just happy collingwood came to the party because we were about to blow a future first on him if they didn't come back into the picture and he would've reluctantly joined just to get back to vic once you guys chose not to get him

So, a direct quote, straight from Houston - "I have a good relationship with (Michael Voss) and I wanted to play for him and he wanted to have me in the team."

Now this is interesting. Houston would never have said "... he wanted to have me in the team", if Voss hadn't said this straight to him. So Voss wanted Houston - and quite right too, he would've immediately strengthened their team. And it would've been far easier for Carlton, with their superior draft hand, to land Houston had they really wanted to, in comparison to the Pies having to cobble together a complicated 3 club deal that ultimately included trading 5 players.

So clearly, Voss was overruled by either the football department or the board. Hmmm ...Voss can't be happy with this.

I said a few weeks back their cap would be the reason they wouldnt get Houston.

That doesn't really answer the question.

Carlton put a decent offer on the table for Hayward and were reportedly keen on Stengle. Yet you don't think they'd be able to afford Houston?

So clearly, Voss was overruled by either the football department or the board. Hmmm ...Voss can't be happy with this.

That's a shame. Ultimately it's not Voss' call and he would be well aware of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back