List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I’m struggling with this, it’s just not a good enough reason for me.

Seems pretty knee jerk to me.

If there was ever a situation for a club to dig their heels in it’s this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mate the power of a female can make a man do strange things.
Men will steal ever murder for it so a footy contract means bugger all when you look at it that way.

Mate the power of a female can make a man do strange things.
Men will steal ever murder for it so a footy contract means bugger all when you look at it that way.
070a8af0-f88e-4687-bab9-3ec0de5090fb_text.gif

Dan: (staring at the ground, voice tense) Claire, it’s an incredible offer. A massive paycheck to play for the North Melbourne Kangaroos. I’d be back in Melbourne, and we could finally start our life together.

Claire: (crossing her arms, frustration simmering) But it’s North Melbourne, Dan! You’ve always said you’d never play for them. Why take the money if it means sacrificing your integrity?

Dan: (sighing, looking away) I don’t know! It feels… complicated. The money could set us up, but the thought of wearing that jersey makes my stomach turn.

Claire: (leaning closer, searching his eyes) So what is it? Is it just about the money?

Dan: (voice wavering) It’s not just that! I mean, who wouldn’t want financial security? But every time I think about being on that field, it feels like a betrayal.

Claire: (standing up, pacing) A betrayal to who? To the team? To yourself? It sounds like you’re torn, and I don’t understand why.

Dan: (frustrated, running a hand through his hair) I wish I could explain! It’s just… playing for them feels like giving in. Like I’d be compromising everything I’ve worked for.

Claire: (stopping, arms crossed tightly) But what about us? If this is your chance to come back home, why can’t you just embrace it?

Dan: (looking conflicted) Because it’s not just about being home! It’s about being true to myself. I don’t want to look back one day and regret choosing money over passion.

Claire: (voice softening, but still unsure) So you’d rather stay away than play for a team you despise?

Dan: (pleading, eyes intense) It’s not that simple! I want to be with you, but I don’t want to wear their colors. I feel trapped between what I need and what I want.

Claire: (frustrated but understanding) I see that, but what if you end up resenting me for holding you back?

Dan: (taking a deep breath, his voice barely above a whisper) I could never resent you, Claire. You’re my everything. But this feels like a crossroads I didn’t see coming.

Claire: (taking a step closer, her heart aching) Dan, we can figure this out. Is there really no other way to get back to Melbourne without sacrificing who you are?

Dan: (shaking his head, pain etched across his face) I wish there was. It’s just… the money could change everything for us, but I can’t shake this feeling that it would change me too.

Claire: (tears in her eyes, her voice trembling) So, what do we do? Do we just let this opportunity slip away, or do we take the risk?

Dan: (holding her gaze, conflicted) I don’t know. I want to say yes to us, but I can’t ignore this knot in my stomach. It feels like a betrayal to even consider it.

Claire: (sighing, frustration mingling with love) You have to make a choice, Dan. I love you, but I can’t watch you sell your soul for something you don’t believe in.

Dan: (voice breaking) But what if this is the only way back to you? I just… I don’t know how to choose.

Claire: (taking his hands, desperation in her voice) Then let’s choose together. Let’s find a way that honors both your heart and your future.

Dan: (looking into her eyes, hope flickering) Together… maybe we can find another path.

Claire: (nodding, a mix of relief and fear in her expression) Yes, let’s do that. Just promise me you won’t lose sight of who you are in the process.

Dan: (pulling her into an embrace) I promise. You’re my anchor, Claire. I won’t let go.

Dan: (staring at the ground, voice tense) Claire, it’s an incredible offer. A massive paycheck to play for the North Melbourne Kangaroos. I’d be back in Melbourne, and we could finally start our life together.

Claire: (crossing her arms, frustration simmering) But it’s North Melbourne, Dan! You’ve always said you’d never play for them. Why take the money if it means sacrificing your integrity?

Dan: (sighing, looking away) I don’t know! It feels… complicated. The money could set us up, but the thought of wearing that jersey makes my stomach turn.

Claire: (leaning closer, searching his eyes) So what is it? Is it just about the money?

Dan: (voice wavering) It’s not just that! I mean, who wouldn’t want financial security? But every time I think about being on that field, it feels like a betrayal.

Claire: (standing up, pacing) A betrayal to who? To the team? To yourself? It sounds like you’re torn, and I don’t understand why.

Dan: (frustrated, running a hand through his hair) I wish I could explain! It’s just… playing for them feels like giving in. Like I’d be compromising everything I’ve worked for.

Claire: (stopping, arms crossed tightly) But what about us? If this is your chance to come back home, why can’t you just embrace it?

Dan: (looking conflicted) Because it’s not just about being home! It’s about being true to myself. I don’t want to look back one day and regret choosing money over passion.

Claire: (voice softening, but still unsure) So you’d rather stay away than play for a team you despise?

Dan: (pleading, eyes intense) It’s not that simple! I want to be with you, but I don’t want to wear their colors. I feel trapped between what I need and what I want.

Claire: (frustrated but understanding) I see that, but what if you end up resenting me for holding you back?

Dan: (taking a deep breath, his voice barely above a whisper) I could never resent you, Claire. You’re my everything. But this feels like a crossroads I didn’t see coming.

Claire: (taking a step closer, her heart aching) Dan, we can figure this out. Is there really no other way to get back to Melbourne without sacrificing who you are?

Dan: (shaking his head, pain etched across his face) I wish there was. It’s just… the money could change everything for us, but I can’t shake this feeling that it would change me too.

Claire: (tears in her eyes, her voice trembling) So, what do we do? Do we just let this opportunity slip away, or do we take the risk?

Dan: (holding her gaze, conflicted) I don’t know. I want to say yes to us, but I can’t ignore this knot in my stomach. It feels like a betrayal to even consider it.

Claire: (sighing, frustration mingling with love) You have to make a choice, Dan. I love you, but I can’t watch you sell your soul for something you don’t believe in.

Dan: (voice breaking) But what if this is the only way back to you? I just… I don’t know how to choose.

Claire: (taking his hands, desperation in her voice) Then let’s choose together. Let’s find a way that honors both your heart and your future.

Dan: (looking into her eyes, hope flickering) Together… maybe we can find another path.

Claire: (nodding, a mix of relief and fear in her expression) Yes, let’s do that. Just promise me you won’t lose sight of who you are in the process.

Dan: (pulling her into an embrace) I promise. You’re my anchor, Claire. I won’t let go.
Good post.

Later...

Claire: (redacted) Yum!

Unless I'm missing something, his girlfriend's name is Steph.

Unless I'm missing something, his girlfriend's name is Steph.
I didn't really want to go find that out or post it in here even if I did know it - was just more taking the piss out of the ridiculousness of being desperate to get home, having a great offer in front of you, but then considering refusing it because its Norf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way too much time on your hands.

(sorry only got a quarter way through before I was about to barf)

North Melbourne has offered its future first round pick for gold coasts pick 13 + more draft capital as well

Gold Coast will today decide whether it pulls the pin on a complex multi-club, multi-player trade that has pick 13 and Dan Houston’s future as its centrepieces.

The Suns are giving serious consideration to aborting the protracted negotiations with Collingwood and Port Adelaide and doing separate deals for Jack Lukosius, John Noble and pick 13 – as well as acquiring Dan Rioli from Richmond.

It’s understood the main reason the Suns would abort the complex three-way trade is because North Melbourne has blown rivals out of the water for Gold Coast’s pick 13.

The Kangaroos’ enthusiasm in getting that pick has grown significantly since Melbourne pulled out of the running by doing a deal with Essendon for pick 9.

North Melbourne has a future first round pick on the table for Gold Coast’s pick 13, but has now added more draft capital on top of that future pick that will most likely be high at the end of 2025.

North Melbourne has offered its future first round pick for gold coasts pick 13 + more draft capital as well

Gold Coast will today decide whether it pulls the pin on a complex multi-club, multi-player trade that has pick 13 and Dan Houston’s future as its centrepieces.

The Suns are giving serious consideration to aborting the protracted negotiations with Collingwood and Port Adelaide and doing separate deals for Jack Lukosius, John Noble and pick 13 – as well as acquiring Dan Rioli from Richmond.

It’s understood the main reason the Suns would abort the complex three-way trade is because North Melbourne has blown rivals out of the water for Gold Coast’s pick 13.

The Kangaroos’ enthusiasm in getting that pick has grown significantly since Melbourne pulled out of the running by doing a deal with Essendon for pick 9.

North Melbourne has a future first round pick on the table for Gold Coast’s pick 13, but has now added more draft capital on top of that future pick that will most likely be high at the end of 2025.

Oh no, but that would stuff Collingwood ...

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back