List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if we could do the North deal

North :Houston & Soldo +50% of contract

Port: North future first + Goad + 62 (123 pts)
North : Houston & Soldo

Gold Coast : North future 1st, Port Future 2nd Round, Pick 39 (446 pts) Pick 62 (123)
Port : Pick 13, Lukosius 100% salary, Pick 29

Sydney : Pick 13 & Pick 29
Port : Pick 19 & Pick 22

End Wash

IN Pick 19, Pick 22, Lukosius, Goad
OUT: Houston, Soldo, Future Second, 39

Last edited:

Good work, CD. The media was trying to force this awful deal upon us - the exact details were fed to them giving Collingwood an excellent deal and totally screwing Port, but we didn't roll-over as scripted.

At Collingwood or Gold Coast? Surely not Port, we were being offered the worst trade I can remember. They should be furious that Collingwood has offered the contract he wants but isn't genuinely coming to the (trade) table.
I assume us

because it stated they are furious that we withdrew

With Pick 3, Carlton select .. Rory Atkins

Now who has the upper hand Port? You're going to have to give up Houston and a first rounder if you want Pick 3 for Atkins. Checkmate.

Alright Kenties you heard C4. We're stealing Draper from under Rucci's fat melon with Pick 3... Time for you to tell Dan it's North or you're staying at Port so we can all crack open a can of coke zero to celebrate and watch the Pies and Crom collectively meltdown like Chernobyl

how dare you post rationally on our board ;)

Alright Kenties you heard C4. We're stealing Draper from under Rucci's fat melon with Pick 3... Time for you to tell Dan it's North or you're staying at Port so we can all crack open a can of coke zero to celebrate and watch the Pies and Crom collectively meltdown like Chernobyl

And then we get the pleasure of Justin Reid joining Collingwood 🖤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiff shit, he's got 3 years to run on his contract.

4 years actually. Hit a trigger (not sure what exactly) which extended his deal by a further 12 months.

Expectation lowering exercise.
Yes, suddenly the 13, 23 and Richards offer looks a lot better.

For mine though, any deal where Ratkins is involved has to downgrade our trade to GC to a future 2nd. You just cant be sending out a F1 and taking Ratkins.

Can someone explain why we would be interested in Goad? Bloke in a 19 year old ruckman played 18 games in the VFL averaging 4 disposals, 5 hit outs a game and only kicked 1 goal for the year. Doesn’t scream talented

2nd rounder draftee a year ago and from SA. So it might be the equivalent of getting North F1 and a second.

4 years actually. Hit a trigger (not sure what exactly) which extended his deal by a further 12 months.

no wonder "the Houston camp are furious". just the reporting is wrong about who exactly is furious at who ;)

Esperando GIF by TVE Bahia

Yes

More money, leadership role, big crow… I mean .. more money!
Port need to come out and tell Houston he either goes to North or stays and sees out at least another year if his contract. This Collingwood crap is just ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back